Nike Air 180 OG

Its irrelevant. we’re talking about sneakers straight out of the box. Brand new.

And i'm only responding to the fact that they are not 30 years old in the picture , and even brand new ones 1991 were flimsy and creased easily .... i wore three ceramic and one ultramarine to the ground at the time , i know what i'm talking about . check this one on ebay , brand new .... do you see any difference in thickness of nylon and felt ? its not steel toe AF1 thats a fact and time has nothing to do with that

Attachments

• s-l1200.jpg
    s-l1200.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
I've worked with many many joggers, runners, marathoners, and to a man/woman, they all said no serious runner is even thinking of messing with the Nike Air Maxes that us shoe heads gravitate towards. They all wore Saucony, Asiscs, Brooks, serious New Balance, serious Adidas. (By "serious", I mean the shoe they sell at an actual "RunnersWorld" outfitters type stores). You'll see those brands like HOKA and those others that you never heard of, but are serious technical shoes for your type of foot, strike, and terrain. Nike DOES make these shoes, but that's where you will find them. At their inception, the classis we love were fashion shoes from the jump, (and Nike knew that), marketed as cutting edge running tech. Real runners at the time tried them, and quickly regretted it.

I've worked with many many joggers, runners, marathoners, and to a man/woman, they all said no serious runner is even thinking of messing with the Nike Air Maxes that us shoe heads gravitate towards. They all wore Saucony, Asiscs, Brooks, serious New Balance, serious Adidas. (By "serious", I mean the shoe they sell at an actual "RunnersWorld" outfitters type stores). You'll see those brands like HOKA and those others that you never heard of, but are serious technical shoes for your type of foot, strike, and terrain. Nike DOES make these shoes, but that's where you will find them. At their inception, the classis we love were fashion shoes from the jump, (and Nike knew that), marketed as cutting edge running tech. Real runners at the time tried them, and quickly regretted it.
this is an industry myth that nikes are not professional runners or serious running shoes. i worked extensively for years with nike and run clubs to disprove this and outfitted olympians who were sponsored by and trained in nike only. nike has innovated and adopted a lot of technologies, principles that have become industry standard. in reality getting the best running shoe is a test of your individual needs and you should explore every brand and their models to see what fits you with an open mind. this ideal you are conveying has been perpetuated in a most elitist sense in the running community for decades and it's close minded to be honest.

Ahh the 90s. I remember vividly back then all runners needed major surgeries every two or three months cuz the shoes were so bad.

And i'm only responding to the fact that they are not 30 years old in the picture , and even brand new ones 1991 were flimsy and creased easily .... i wore three ceramic and one ultramarine to the ground at the time , i know what i'm talking about . check this one on ebay , brand new .... do you see any difference in thickness of nylon and felt ? its not steel toe AF1 thats a fact and time has nothing to do with that
No man, this new retro is great but it looks like Bugs Bunny‘s foot is stuffed in the shoe… The old ones were not like that. People keep trying to compare the old OG by sending OG pics with minor creasing. It’s really not a comparison.

Air Maxes, yes. Even a decade ago, Nike Running wasn’t viewed as a “true” brand to masses. However, that all changed with the release of VaporFly 4% back in 2017. Nike Running was longer seen as a joke. They really became the A1 of running brands and changed the game, IMHO.

After that release, all the brands took noticed and formulated their own iteration of a VaporFly (CF-plated with Pebax foam cushioning). The span from 2020 to now has been a golden age for performance running. You have brands trying to put out their best performance running sneakers. I’ve tried a wide range of modern day trainers/racers these past few years, however, Nike still leads the pack.

Don't bother man. I posted that same pair and a few others a couple of pages ago. He's not interested in hearing what we're trying to say. At this point he's just trolling.

I Guess you never held an original pair in hand 😂
No man, this new retro is great but it looks like Bugs Bunny‘s foot is stuffed in the shoe… The old ones were not like that. People keep trying to compare the old OG by sending OG pics with minor creasing. It’s really not a comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_20240528_075020.jpg
    IMG_20240528_075020.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 155
I have… And I’ve posted them on here.

You guys wanna post the little wrinkles that the OG had but they are nothing compared to this release.
Mine are in!!! Are they perfect? No. Wrinkled toe box? Yes. Some minor glue stains? Yes. Camel toe present? Yes. Worse in the left shoe? Yes.

But are they friggin' gorgeous and way better than any other previous retro? Hell yeah! Are they comfortable? Hell yeah! Do they give me that 90's vibe? Do they ever!!!

And I understand that wrinkled toe box now what is being discussed. It has nothing to do with a weak constructed toe box or anything, it's just a construction flaw. Call it what you want but it is what it is. Looks like the vains in your hands when you let them hang for a long time and it's due to the upper material and the inside material of the construction of the toe box. Pre-creased. Definitely. Hard to take a picture of though.

Tomorrow my second pair will come in, curious how they look and then I'll decide which pair I'm gonna rock. Obviously the best looking pair!
1000093628.jpg

Mine are in!!! Are they perfect? No. Wrinkled toe box? Yes. Some minor glue stains? Yes. Camel toe present? Yes. Worse in the left shoe? Yes.

But are they friggin' gorgeous and way better than any other previous retro? Hell yeah! Are they comfortable? Hell yeah! Do they give me that 90's vibe? Do they ever!!!

And I understand that wrinkled toe box now what is being discussed. It has nothing to do with a weak constructed toe box or anything, it's just a construction flaw. Call it what you want but it is what it is. Looks like the vains in your hands when you let them hang for a long time and it's due to the upper material and the inside material of the construction of the toe box. Pre-creased. Definitely. Hard to take a picture of though.

Tomorrow my second pair will come in, curious how they look and then I'll decide which pair I'm gonna rock. Obviously the best looking pair!
1000093628.jpg
I agree with everything that you said. I think it’s an awesome retro but at the same time some people in here are downplaying the creasing. Creasing on these pairs is way worse than any OG, even before you start to wear them. bittersweet to say the least.

No matter how they look out the box, if you wear these, they will get beat up quick. That white felt is feasting on dirt like me at the buffet. But shoes are meant for protecting our feet, so let them get dirty.

My beat '13s before I sold em. I think someone paid me like $40 lol
1716907509821.png

Got my first pair today together with an extra pair 86's. It has been a while I have been so happy with a new pair of shoes, I really love these retro's. Finally I can walk on a pair of 180's that is pretty close to the originals! My pair has a little to no creasing, I guess I got lucky with this pair when I see some other pictures around here. I just wore them at the gym, I always wear a pair "retro Nikes" at the gym but I noticed almost all of the men around my age (40+ :D) looked at these 180's. I guess they still have the same effect in 2024 as they did in 1991 in Holland. The only thing now I can hope for is for Nike to release the other original yellow / blue colourway and I will be happy forever :lol:
20240528_171502.jpg

Second pair as landed from Slam Jam , waiting for two others sz15 to Come ... Repainted midsole cream with 3 coat of flexible uréthane mat varnish on my first pair .

Attachments

• IMG_20240528_222929.jpg
    IMG_20240528_222929.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20240528_223045.jpg
    IMG_20240528_223045.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20240528_222947.jpg
    IMG_20240528_222947.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20240528_223705.jpg
    IMG_20240528_223705.jpg