Nike Air 180 OG

Un-DS'd these today. Definitely fit the same as BBs, which I'd say are TTS. Happy I went half size up on these just for a little extra room, which I seem to be preferring these days. Can't go wrong either way in my opinion; just depends on your personal taste. These look and feel awesome. Not quite as cushy out of the box as the BBs, but even with one wear they seem to be softening up. Thanks again for the UnheardOf early link; that was clutch!

This is Nike's playbook:

Announce the soon release of a classic pair thats closest to the OG

That pair releases in limited stock, sells out. Generate "hype."

Few months later re-release with more stock, pairs dont sellout.

Nike begins to release non-OG color ways.

They did this with the Mac Attacks and the Big Bubbles.

That’s unacceptable imo.

My AM1 big bubbles had some creasing, but nothing like that.

The point in that IG post & what others have been discussing....is that's how the OG's were, so be careful what you ask for.

It's an outdated 1991 feature that they unfortunately brought back. The toe boxes on these and lots of other sneakers in the late 80's/early 90's did not feature very structured toes.

The point in that IG post & what others have been discussing....is that's how the OG's were, so be careful what you ask for.

It's an outdated 1991 feature that they unfortunately brought back. The toe boxes on these and lots of other sneakers in the late 80's/early 90's did not feature very structured toes.
I think that’s giving Nike too much credit…

Because the shoe is not a one-to-one OG. The swoosh is totally different, the transparent window on the bottom of the sole is different, the sole thickness is different….yet they chose to keep the wrinkled toe box ? That was their priority?

Yes, but these particular pairs should be returned. I was around for the first release and was sold in a shoe store I worked at. They did not look this bad fresh out of the box. Over time, you can suspect this will occur, but not in this instance.

Bet they didn't have these in 1991

1716827446166.png

I think that’s giving Nike too much credit…

Because the shoe is not a one-to-one OG. The swoosh is totally different, the transparent window on the bottom of the sole is different, the sole thickness is different….yet they chose to keep the wrinkled toe box ? That was their priority?

Whatever it is, it's unfortunate because I can't stand that look.

Yes, but these particular pairs should be returned. I was around for the first release and was sold in a shoe store I worked at. They did not look this bad fresh out of the box. Over time, you can suspect this will occur, but not in this instance.

Which release/year are you referring to? The OG's?

Air Structure ‘91 comes to mind.

So we buying the other colorways or naw?

For me this is a one and one. LOVE the ultramarine colorway; not only is it an OG classic, but I actually prefer it to the other OG colorways (even if Jordan wore the concords). These, the BBs Reds, and the 90 infrareds will last me a lifetime of summers in the rotation. Heck the 90s still look DS even though I've worn them a ton (of course not the outsole which is obviously worn).

I'm moving away from collecting boxes of amazing sneakers that just ultimately start falling apart that I rarely get a chance to wear. Won't be able to get the collection down lower than 40 or so though. Still another dozen to offload after having gotten rid of about 25 pairs since '23.

Back
Top Bottom