Nike Air 180 OG

this has never made sense to me. while time could be used to earn money at a job, and non job time could be used to figure out ways to earn more money, if you're not working, and getting paid for your time, the unpaid time is...not money. it's just time to do whatever. paying resale saves time, but not money.
You make a ton of sense and personally, I guess I never saw it from your point of view.
I guess it really depends on 1. What you do for work 2. When you shop for shoes or 3. Both

I have a roofing company.
I also work a job in sales at the Dealership.
Personally, I have watched coworkers sell cars while I struck out on line looking for 180’s.
I’ve also passed up more than a few leads/bids/runs for Roofing while I spent time Striking out on 180’s. I also moonlight as a DFS player and you know, I’ve missed more than a few Slates of NBA/MLB/NASCAR while I yes, struck out on 180’s. This is not limited to just 180’s. I’ve a long career of missing job sales while looking for sneakers that were a bit illusive. Spending $200(I actually spent $225) on a FB pair from NOTRE, I feel like it saved me way more than I’d already spent striking out. Perception really is reality. Currently it’s 5am and I woke up early to finish a purchase from a Sneakers and Stuff SWOOSH30 sale(30% off) before Work starts. If I didn’t do this it’s not likely it’s a fact that I will spend the first 1-2hr of my day on SNS instead of, working.

Last edited:
You really just seemed like a fan of this model. When the news broke of this retro coming I figured us old heads would finally be happy. So again, I’m just surprised. What in your eyes still needs to be changed?
I had 2 OG pairs back in the day, UMs and later the orange ones. After those I never had a model that was so insanely damn good.

As someone stated, 180s were revolutionary when they came out. And I experienced them as such. And the fact that they were only around for appr 1-1.5 years made them even more iconic in hindsight.

When rumors on the 05 retros surfaced I was very happy because back then retros were still pretty decent (f.e. 93s until then still had big bubbles, AM90 retros were pretty good). Until the first leaks surfaced, and well I've told that story so many times. They were beyond HIDEOUS. Yes they were really really really bad. They just totally s********** them over. And they didn't improve a single millimeter with the later releases. With that Fonzy Bear cw as all time low. And so many clowns drooling over those :rofl::sick::smh:

So when the 24s were announced, I was interested but again prepared for the worst as Nike had created a huge challenge for themselves.

So what annoys me the most on this release?

The whole midsole/bubble construction was basically THE MAIN feature of the original release. And after all those years (and the slick talk in the announcements) they still managed to f*********** that part up, ONCE AGAIN. What's the point of doing so....... It's like retroing Huaraches w/o the sockliner.

If they had done that part like 99.5% perfect, maybe I would have taken other flaws for granted. Maybe.

* grumpy old man signing out * :smokin:tongue:

After watching that OG versus 2024 comparison, you can see the sole is a bit thicker. Somebody in here mentioned some patent discrepancies. It’s not a big deal. The shoe still looks great. But it makes you wonder.

1717697065766.png

Does anybody know if the 2024 180's have the forefoot airunit just like the Air Max III retro from 2020?

What spray yous using these days? I thought they 86ed all that PFAS stuff.

Champs brand used to be my go-to, but they discontinued it. Took me a couple of years of testing different brands out, but I eventually started using the Sof Sole brand with the blue cap. Only places I've found it consistently are FNL and Richard's. Only downside is you gotta use 2 coats for it to work well.

Screenshot_20240606-171942.png

Back
Top Bottom