Nike Air 180 OG

Finally have a pair in hand. Haven't been on foot yet. Look good. No toe creases on mine. Air pocket is extremely hard when pushing on it with my finger. In my memory, the air pocket had flex to it when u pressed on it. Am I wrong?

Finally have a pair in hand. Haven't been on foot yet. Look good. No toe creases on mine. Air pocket is extremely hard when pushing on it with my finger. In my memory, the air pocket had flex to it when u pressed on it. Am I wrong?
Yeah compared to the 2018 it doesn't press down at all.

^^ 24s look so much more bloated/bulky, even considering the size difference in the shoes used. And this vid showed even more inconsistencies in the 24 model.

Don't get me wrong, compared to the previous retros you can say these are way better, but then again, that wasn't exactly much of a challenge.

Still not 1 sec of regret of not getting these.

^^ 24s look so much more bloated/bulky, even considering the size difference in the shoes used. And this vid showed even more inconsistencies in the 24 model.

Don't get me wrong, compared to the previous retros you can say these are way better, but then again, that wasn't exactly much of a challenge.

You know what’s funny… I noticed on StockX that a lot of people are still buying the 2018 retro for over $300 recently

IMG_8306.jpeg
IMG_8305.jpeg
Just in from undefeated

Extra Butter canceled my order, making it the 4th time I’ve been charged and had my order canceled on this shoe 😂 I’m done trying until there’s some larger restock across the board
Just pay resell and save yourself the money by getting your time back.
Realistically if you work for a living and get paid a per hour wage the time you’ve put into NOT getting these while trying, it’s already cost you at least $100 and you have no shoe.
Just pay $200 and move.

Just pay resell and save yourself the money by getting your time back.
Realistically if you work for a living and get paid a per hour wage the time you’ve put into NOT getting these while trying, it’s already cost you at least $100 and you have no shoe.
Just pay $200 and move.
this has never made sense to me. while time could be used to earn money at a job, and non job time could be used to figure out ways to earn more money, if you're not working, and getting paid for your time, the unpaid time is...not money. it's just time to do whatever. paying resale saves time, but not money.

I wore mine for about 7 miles over the weekend… The inside of the shoe is going to crease more but the shoe was pretty comfortable and the heel lockdown is nice. They really didn’t pick up much dirt either.
I Doubled up thinking they’d be dirt magnets, wore pair 1 over the weekend (lots of walking/occasional bike ride) and they look great still

I’m surprised by your reaction to this shoe. You really dogged the previous retros which of course deserved it whole heartedly. I dogged on it too.

What surprises me is your displeasure with the 2024 retro. As they said they scanned the old one and recreated it 1:1 using today’s materials with a modern aesthetic. This shoe is never going to get closer to the original than this.

You really just seemed like a fan of this model. When the news broke of this retro coming I figured us old heads would finally be happy. So again, I’m just surprised. What in your eyes still needs to be changed?

I will say you mentioned the 2024 was bloated/bulky. Then I was thinking about it for a minute. The guy in the video had the paper still stuffed in the shoe and of course newer materials that haven’t been worn are going to be stiffer vs a pair that has been worn/aged.

Last edited:
lord I hate NikeTalk with all the ads. Frustrating when it makes duplicate posts because of some web page error.

I’m surprised by your reaction to this shoe. You really dogged the previous retros which of course deserved it whole heartedly. I dogged on it too.

What surprises me is your displeasure with the 2024 retro. As they said they scanned the old one and recreated it 1:1 using today’s materials with a modern aesthetic. This shoe is never going to get closer to the original than this.

You really just seemed like a fan of this model. When the news broke of this retro coming I figured us old heads would finally be happy. So again, I’m just surprised. What in your eyes still needs to be changed?

I will say you mentioned the 2024 was bloated/bulky. Then I was thinking about it for a minute. The guy in the video had the paper still stuffed in the shoe and of course newer materials that haven’t been worn are going to be stiffer vs a pair that has been worn/aged.
I know you're not asking me, but for me the only somewhat disappointing aspect is the underside of the 180 air sole unit. You can also see it in the comparison video. I just do-not-understand why they cannot make it any more similar to the OG. That patent row should we'll be over right now, right? The OG is so much more dynamic in form at the underside and so much more transparent. Please don't get me wrong, I think for a retro they are absolutely incredible and it can't spoil the fun. I'm just not as 'wowed' with the whole '180 air' aspect on this release.

Reactions: ARK
Back
Top Bottom