Nike Air 180 OG

Did the OG's also have two different color Concords on the shoe? Ankle and around the air bag as pictured below?

20240808_184335-jpg.3280763

Edit: Looks like no.

That's a terrible look for the 2024's. :smh:

81ca133c4212d0decf1bf483a24cd64263349b88-640x426.jpg

Did the OG's also have two different color Concords on the shoe? Ankle and around the air bag as pictured below?

Edit: Looks like no.

That's a terrible look for the 2024's. :smh:

81ca133c4212d0decf1bf483a24cd64263349b88-640x426.jpg

they did not match the concord perfectly on the mesh and tongue .too dark and too blue. well spotted!
they did remove the paint from the airbag ,so that is looking better . also notice how they shortened the tongue too much as the previous was too big.
the real issue for me and any purist is still the frankenstein midsole and bottom and side outsole , and the casing causing the square at the bottom. that has nothing to do with the og and is just so far off ,it can can be seen by eye for anyone who knows the model, so a slight colour difference is totally no issue for me, but again ,well spotted on the concord.

DSC_0684[1].JPG

I think it’s just the lighting man. Relax. :lol:

It's not. It's a royal blue-ish color on top, and concord on the bottom.

You think it looks good mis-matched? :nerd: If you all don't mind this, then I'm happy for you. :lol:

Nah, that's a pet peeve of mine. Nike's done this so many times. For example those white purple (50 shades of purple :lol: ) AM 90's from a few years ago. Look terrible.

Last edited:
You never going to match colors perfectly on different materias

Never said they have to match perfectly. But if it's a noticeable difference such as these, it's a terrible look and a disappointment.

But it can be done very close....Did you not just see the OG pair I posted? Here's another...

Matches very well and how it was intended. 2024 retro....they blew it.

sddefault.jpg

Last edited:
they did not match the concord perfectly on the mesh and tongue .too dark and too blue. well spotted!

I'm more specifically talking about around the ankle, matching around the air bubble.

These "Concords" are royal blue up top, and concord down below.

a24-nike-fj9259-101.jpg

Last edited:
Never said they have to match perfectly. But if it's a noticeable difference such as these, it's a terrible look and a disappointment.

But it can be done very close....Did you not just see the OG pair I posted? Here's another...

Matches very well and how it was intended. 2024 retro....they blew it.

sddefault.jpg
That’s a photo man who knows what they did to that photo anyways… The colors are close enough. And you should know that’s how Nike rolls nowadays anyways with the example you gave of the air max 90… thats the reason I got rid of my volt pair

That’s a photo man who knows what they did to that photo anyways… The colors are close enough. And you should know that’s how Nike rolls nowadays anyways with the example you gave of the air max 90.

I posted 2 photos in this thread of the 2024 Concords, and there are hundreds more out there that show the color difference. The colors are not close enough. Nike said efff it....we're settling for royal and concord. :lol:

Not sure why folks are trying to deny Nike didn't butcher these. :lol:

I posted 2 photos in this thread of the 2024 Concords, and there are hundreds more out there that show the color difference. The colors are not close enough. Nike said efff it....we're settling for royal and concord. :lol:

Not sure why folks are trying to deny Nike didn't butcher these. :lol:
I know, but my argument is what did you expect at this point? They did the same thing with the air max 90s. All of the plastic pieces were different from the sock liner and different from the sole… I got rid of both of my pairs… The orange one was probably the best

And trust me, I know how you feel. I was one of the only people in here ripping the ultra marines while dudes were in here, trying to tell me that the toe was supposed to curl up like a paper bag

To be honest, the shoe doesn’t really even look purple at all. It looks blue overall whether it be the midsole or the nylon heel. It doesn’t help that the color Concord is one of the most controversial colors in sneaker history because some people say it’s purple. Some people say it’s blue.

To be honest, the shoe doesn’t really even look purple at all. It looks blue overall whether it be the midsole or the nylon heel. It doesn’t help that the color Concord is one of the most controversial colors in sneaker history because some people say it’s purple. Some people say it’s blue.
It’s like a perfect blend between the two, and will look different depending on what it’s next to, unlike “dark concord” that AJ11s use which is a true purple.

Back
Top Bottom