Nike Air 180 OG

Man, the OG look just doesn't work well on these IMO.  Too much white to contrast with the vintage look.  And at least on the 90s the entire midsole is yellowed uniformly.  These look splotchy and they just look dirty.  

That said, they look like a lot of the prior shoes with the vintage treatment, so the yellowing might be able to be taken off easier.  

god am i super stoked for these, they look so good. espically on foot, gonna rock the **** outta these bad boi's

I'll never understand why the 180 bubble got much smaller and the tongue grew super long on the retro..... OG's have an amazing shape that is so many miles off on the retro.
First of all, Nike was forced to stop producing the 180 because of Avia winning this
http://www.nytimes.com/1992/01/30/business/company-news-avia-widens-suit-against-nike.html
after being on the market for not much longer than a year I think.

When the first retro appeared there were stories (unconfirmed though) that Nike would have lost or destroyed the original molds. Maybe they wanted to use it (and were allowed to?) but simply couldn't....

As we know now Nike changes production techniques now and then which apparently creates different shapes (f.e. old/new Burst units)?? Furthermore retro models aren't developed and tested for performance use, only casual wear, so we don't need this big bubble anymore haha :smh:

I must agree with you that the overall shape is pretty bad too, unfortunately.

First of all, Nike was forced to stop producing the 180 because of Avia winning this
http://www.nytimes.com/1992/01/30/business/company-news-avia-widens-suit-against-nike.html
after being on the market for not much longer than a year I think.

When the first retro appeared there were stories (unconfirmed though) that Nike would have lost or destroyed the original molds. Maybe they wanted to use it (and were allowed to?) but simply couldn't....

As we know now Nike changes production techniques now and then which apparently creates different shapes (f.e. old/new Burst units)?? Furthermore retro models aren't developed and tested for performance use, only casual wear, so we don't need this big bubble anymore haha
mean.gif

I must agree with you that the overall shape is pretty bad too, unfortunately.
Pretty sure the concept of the 180 sole that invited the lawsuit in the first place is the same on the retro as it was the OG. I suspect that Nike being allowed to retro the 180 in the first place would suggest that AVIA's patent had expired. That said, I agree with you that the molds are long gone. They no doubt decreased the size of the air bubble for the same reason as the did on the AM87, the AM91 (laughable given the models big window moniker) and the 95's.

Still doesn't excuse the lazy attention to detail on Nike's part. On the most part I'll continue to stick with Nike's newest running developments I think.

We should be getting some solid release info soon, but I would imagine this isn't too tough of a cop on RD.

Proper in LB has the EM version of these and the US AM1 now. Hopefully this means the OG's are on the way soon.

What, BWs are dropping this year too? Always loved that shoe, but never copped any Persian retro because the midsole starts cracking once they leave the box.

I'm hoping that OG AM93s drop too.

Last edited:
$100 would be nice.  If FNL gets them, a coupon and a reward will be used.
You can use both a coupon and a reward? I thought the reward is entered as a coupon code 
nerd.gif

If it turns out true, these will without a doubt be copped 

What, BWs are dropping this year too? Always loved that shoe, but never copped any Persian retro because the midsole starts cracking once they leave the box.

I'm hoping that OG AM93s drop too.

Damn I didn't even think of this! I remember they were $37 at Footlocker, and I waited too long and they were gone. I've been feenin ever since :smh:

You can use both a coupon and a reward? I thought the reward is entered as a coupon code 
nerd.gif

I think you can only use one at a time, or thats what they told me last time

^

smokin.gif

EMs look amazing. Will def be passing on the "OGs" now. Just can't get with that yellowed midsole.

Good thing my HOAs still have a lot of life left.

Last edited:
$100 would be nice.  If FNL gets them, a coupon and a reward will be used.
nerd.gif

Stackable.  Rewards entered first, coupon 2nd.

Say this shoe is priced at $99.99.  You can use a $20 reward and a $10 off of $60 coupon since they count rewards as cash.  That, or add some extra stuff in so that you can bump your total to $120 so that the $20 off of $100 coupon is valid (technically getting a few items for "free").  Since rewards are treated the same as cash, the coupons won't work unless certain criteria is met once the reward is subtracted from the total (i.e. $10 off of $60, $20 off of $100).  Most launch items that they expect to sell out right away are excluded from coupons for 2 weeks (most notably Retro Jordans).

I was very skeptical about EM in general until I saw it in person.  Not as bad as I thought it would be.

The OG 180 just released in Europe, hopefully those and the persians should be here shortly
Any news on retail? It's gotta be around $100-$110. The AM1 was $110, the AM90 was $120, the AM95 and AM97 were $155. Price increases with sequential number of the Air max or whatever

Back
Top Bottom