Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

Finally found a pic after days of searching lol, these were real rare they were a mid 90s SC release, but had the new style F logo on the strap along with the old style script Flight on the tongue....
img354.jpg

Finally found a pic after days of searching lol, these were real rare they were a mid 90s SC release, but had the new style F logo on the strap along with the old style script Flight on the tongue....
img354.jpg

Man, I'm STILL bummed I traded those Oatmeal/Navy 89's on page 7. Had those back in 92, and traded them to a buddy. At that point Flight 89's were FTL exclusives. And they were pretty much at all Foot Lockers, not just NYC or urbans. Same goes for the 89 Straps.

Saw the Black/Red 89's at FNL the other day, and they look great in person. Can't wait to get these, and I REALLY can't wait for the white/blues.

Peace,
J

Man, I'm STILL bummed I traded those Oatmeal/Navy 89's on page 7. Had those back in 92, and traded them to a buddy. At that point Flight 89's were FTL exclusives. And they were pretty much at all Foot Lockers, not just NYC or urbans. Same goes for the 89 Straps.

Saw the Black/Red 89's at FNL the other day, and they look great in person. Can't wait to get these, and I REALLY can't wait for the white/blues.

Peace,
J

Originally Posted by jshortt

Peace,
J
Cool, I knew they were a FTL exclusive because I would only see them there and I think they had a exclusive tag on it, but the only place I ever shopped for shoes back then was in NYC so I didnt know if it was just limited to there or urban stores.....
I remember being a kid buying the Grey Flight 89 with the strap for like 39 bucks at the little Footlocker downstairs on 34th St at the Manhattan Mall in like 92-93.....good memories...

they had so many classic colorways back then, interesting that Nike was "retroing" it back then and even updating it with a more modern twist....

Peace,
J
Cool, I knew they were a FTL exclusive because I would only see them there and I think they had a exclusive tag on it, but the only place I ever shopped for shoes back then was in NYC so I didnt know if it was just limited to there or urban stores.....
I remember being a kid buying the Grey Flight 89 with the strap for like 39 bucks at the little Footlocker downstairs on 34th St at the Manhattan Mall in like 92-93.....good memories...

they had so many classic colorways back then, interesting that Nike was "retroing" it back then and even updating it with a more modern twist....

Brings back memories seeing those AF2's in that Japan ad. That's the exact version, white/red with the achilles heel flexor(they removed it after the tearing issue) that really got me addicted to sneakers. Wore them for 8th grade bball. The leather quality was sooo nice. The '02 retros were pretty good also. Now they've got that pleather on 'em....

Brings back memories seeing those AF2's in that Japan ad. That's the exact version, white/red with the achilles heel flexor(they removed it after the tearing issue) that really got me addicted to sneakers. Wore them for 8th grade bball. The leather quality was sooo nice. The '02 retros were pretty good also. Now they've got that pleather on 'em....

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

Peace,
J

I remember HATING the strap on those 89's, haha.  FTL at Fayette Mall in Lexington, KY had black durabucks, navy durabucks, and grey durabucks, and I loved the colorblocking, but couldn't stand the strap with the new "F" logo on them.  My buddy bought the navys, but I couldn't get past the strap to buy them.  Kinda regret it now, but still don't like the mix of OG "Flight" logo and the "F" logo.

Peace,
   J

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

Peace,
J

I remember HATING the strap on those 89's, haha.  FTL at Fayette Mall in Lexington, KY had black durabucks, navy durabucks, and grey durabucks, and I loved the colorblocking, but couldn't stand the strap with the new "F" logo on them.  My buddy bought the navys, but I couldn't get past the strap to buy them.  Kinda regret it now, but still don't like the mix of OG "Flight" logo and the "F" logo.

Peace,
   J

Passing on the chi town x for these babies, jordan brand can keep their over priced piece of trash, these are gorgeous.

Passing on the chi town x for these babies, jordan brand can keep their over priced piece of trash, these are gorgeous.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

cant believe i own those pippen dynamic flights 
pimp.gif

mad.gif
pimp.gif
Such a dope shoe. Mine fell apart years ago, I kept the remains in the box like ashes.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

cant believe i own those pippen dynamic flights 
pimp.gif

mad.gif
pimp.gif
Such a dope shoe. Mine fell apart years ago, I kept the remains in the box like ashes.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom