Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

Originally Posted by airtunes

flights always been %$@##! quality... i dont remember any retros being premium... those black/grey in leather grain look on point,... those pinch as well rhino?
I'm gonna have to disagree with you here.  The retros from 2000 were of great quality, with soft tumbled leather. That's what Rhino's black/grey pair were made with. 

The 2000 flight retros were not "premium".  The nice leather they used for them were standard.  I'm sure if Nike re-released them with the same leather now they'd call them "premium/PRM" and add $30-$40 to the price.
eyes.gif

flights always been %$@##! quality... i dont remember any retros being premium... those black/grey in leather grain look on point,... those pinch as well rhino?
I'm gonna have to disagree with you here.  The retros from 2000 were of great quality, with soft tumbled leather. That's what Rhino's black/grey pair were made with. 

The 2000 flight retros were not "premium".  The nice leather they used for them were standard.  I'm sure if Nike re-released them with the same leather now they'd call them "premium/PRM" and add $30-$40 to the price.
eyes.gif

flights always been **%%%+ quality... i dont remember any retros being premium... those black/grey in leather grain look on point,... those pinch as well rhino?

Not true, I have a pair of flights from four years ago, white and blue who's leather would be considered premium today.

flights always been **%%%+ quality... i dont remember any retros being premium... those black/grey in leather grain look on point,... those pinch as well rhino?

Not true, I have a pair of flights from four years ago, white and blue who's leather would be considered premium today.

Flight ones of the past would be and should be considered higher quality than bin Jordans .They are in a league of their own.

Flight ones of the past would be and should be considered higher quality than bin Jordans .They are in a league of their own.

Originally Posted by Clark Kent

Does anyone know why the black/red colorway is for sale for $130 on NDC? Is it "premium" release or something?

http://store.nike.com/us/...-inline/cid-1/pid-438337

that's weird!
the blk/red released first & was originally $95; then the other two colorways dropped with the same price.

Now they are seperated with da blk/reds jacked up in price!
My only guess is that while none are selling well - they are really trying to push the og colorways over the blk/red.

Originally Posted by Clark Kent

Does anyone know why the black/red colorway is for sale for $130 on NDC? Is it "premium" release or something?

http://store.nike.com/us/...-inline/cid-1/pid-438337

that's weird!
the blk/red released first & was originally $95; then the other two colorways dropped with the same price.

Now they are seperated with da blk/reds jacked up in price!
My only guess is that while none are selling well - they are really trying to push the og colorways over the blk/red.

Yeah, the quality on flight 89's was always top notch. Soft tumbled leather, only exception being a few random Footaction exclusives that came out in the last 8 years or so. Some of them were kinda cheap.

Finally saw the whites in person today. Shape looks fine but the leather seems hard and stiff (pause) and a little underwhelming. I can't see these flying off shelves, I can wait another month or two for them to go on sale.

Yeah, the quality on flight 89's was always top notch. Soft tumbled leather, only exception being a few random Footaction exclusives that came out in the last 8 years or so. Some of them were kinda cheap.

Finally saw the whites in person today. Shape looks fine but the leather seems hard and stiff (pause) and a little underwhelming. I can't see these flying off shelves, I can wait another month or two for them to go on sale.

I own the 2005 release EU vs US Germany colorway and they're mad comfy. If the retro's of this year feel the same on feet, i might grab a pair. I just love how these shoes look on feet as well.
94e26d36d1f024a01ed3c68eaa5556bec814d919_r.jpg
8203666d6130fe8343201e45359a8476c4e15822_r.jpg

Back
Top Bottom