Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

I own the 2005 release EU vs US Germany colorway and they're mad comfy. If the retro's of this year feel the same on feet, i might grab a pair. I just love how these shoes look on feet as well.
94e26d36d1f024a01ed3c68eaa5556bec814d919_r.jpg
8203666d6130fe8343201e45359a8476c4e15822_r.jpg

^^^Those are SICK. I remember those coming out, did you have to order those overseas? I don't remember them in stores in the US. The ones that are out now I would definitely try them on in a store as opposed to ordering them online. Just to be sure on sizing, comfort etc... I doubt they're as soft as those 2005's.

^^^Those are SICK. I remember those coming out, did you have to order those overseas? I don't remember them in stores in the US. The ones that are out now I would definitely try them on in a store as opposed to ordering them online. Just to be sure on sizing, comfort etc... I doubt they're as soft as those 2005's.

^ I'm from the Netherlands, so they were readily available here. Yeah i'll have to check them out in store I guess. They're a nice a price as well.

^ I'm from the Netherlands, so they were readily available here. Yeah i'll have to check them out in store I guess. They're a nice a price as well.

Originally Posted by CAto312

Originally Posted by airtunes

flights always been %$@##! quality... i dont remember any retros being premium... those black/grey in leather grain look on point,... those pinch as well rhino?
I'm gonna have to disagree with you here.  The retros from 2000 were of great quality, with soft tumbled leather. That's what Rhino's black/grey pair were made with. 

The 2000 flight retros were not "premium".  The nice leather they used for them were standard.  I'm sure if Nike re-released them with the same leather now they'd call them "premium/PRM" and add $30-$40 to the price.
eyes.gif
i should have been clearer.... all the recent flights are terrible quality... if only theyd used soft tumbled leather on them, id be grabbing every pair i could. we can only wish.....
id gladly pay the price hike for a pair of premiums
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CAto312

Originally Posted by airtunes

flights always been %$@##! quality... i dont remember any retros being premium... those black/grey in leather grain look on point,... those pinch as well rhino?
I'm gonna have to disagree with you here.  The retros from 2000 were of great quality, with soft tumbled leather. That's what Rhino's black/grey pair were made with. 

The 2000 flight retros were not "premium".  The nice leather they used for them were standard.  I'm sure if Nike re-released them with the same leather now they'd call them "premium/PRM" and add $30-$40 to the price.
eyes.gif
i should have been clearer.... all the recent flights are terrible quality... if only theyd used soft tumbled leather on them, id be grabbing every pair i could. we can only wish.....
id gladly pay the price hike for a pair of premiums
pimp.gif

Interesting colorway, haven't seen that one before.

I think I would like them more if the swoosh was another color.

Interesting colorway, haven't seen that one before.

I think I would like them more if the swoosh was another color.

Agree that the past Flight 89s have always been great quality. Was extremely disappointed when I saw the white/blue this weekend, even though I have wanted that color since '89, I had to pass - just too cheap.

Agree that the past Flight 89s have always been great quality. Was extremely disappointed when I saw the white/blue this weekend, even though I have wanted that color since '89, I had to pass - just too cheap.

Wanted the black/cool grey ones when I saw em. Figured I'd wait for them to go on sale a little bit.
Then I saw them in person at a shoe palace and I have to say that they look kinda crappy.
They don't look as nice on feet as I figured they would, and as they do online.

Wanted the black/cool grey ones when I saw em. Figured I'd wait for them to go on sale a little bit.
Then I saw them in person at a shoe palace and I have to say that they look kinda crappy.

Originally Posted by ceemcee

i agree. although the colorway is simple, the leather and overall quality just make these look kinda bland. will cop when they go on sale cant front tho 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ceemcee

i agree. although the colorway is simple, the leather and overall quality just make these look kinda bland. will cop when they go on sale cant front tho 
laugh.gif

I wore my white/royal pair yesterday all day...

I can't believe how horrible the fit and comfort of this shoe is...

The cheap/stiff leather creases in all the wrong areas and forms hard corners that kept jabbing my feet...

The change in leather on these makes a huge difference in fit/feel.

I wore my white/royal pair yesterday all day...

I can't believe how horrible the fit and comfort of this shoe is...

The cheap/stiff leather creases in all the wrong areas and forms hard corners that kept jabbing my feet...

The change in leather on these makes a huge difference in fit/feel.

Man I was really looking forward to these too. I planned on coppin multiple pairs of the white/blue, but once I held them in my hands I had to pass. I can't believe how cheap the leather is on most Nikes nowadays. Seems like quite a few Nikes and most retro Jordans use that crazy cheap uptown AF1 pleather. Such a shame.

Man I was really looking forward to these too. I planned on coppin multiple pairs of the white/blue, but once I held them in my hands I had to pass. I can't believe how cheap the leather is on most Nikes nowadays. Seems like quite a few Nikes and most retro Jordans use that crazy cheap uptown AF1 pleather. Such a shame.

i've worn my white & blue ones a dozen times or so now

they have broken in, im not just saying this to tout the shoe i been done waiting for
the comfort has improved, they feel better than the new aj4 retro for what it's worth

i compared comfort with the white & black 2000 retro & these aren't as good
but i'd say it's like comparing the 2001 aj3 true blue to the 2009 int release

the hard pleather on the toes discomfort has gone away now & the toe box is very creased up
but so are my 2000 wht/blk

i've worn my white & blue ones a dozen times or so now

they have broken in, im not just saying this to tout the shoe i been done waiting for
the comfort has improved, they feel better than the new aj4 retro for what it's worth

i compared comfort with the white & black 2000 retro & these aren't as good
but i'd say it's like comparing the 2001 aj3 true blue to the 2009 int release

the hard pleather on the toes discomfort has gone away now & the toe box is very creased up
but so are my 2000 wht/blk

Back
Top Bottom