Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

Originally Posted by Minitsuj

I love my pair. I've worn them a lot since copping and the only gripe I have with them is the pleather of the front toebox creases like crazy because of the depreciation in quality. It would've been nice to have the OGs because the leather on those look on point. I might just grab the other CWs when they go on sale because I love this one so much.

17426665dedf18461251454ccac135bbefa64bc2.jpg

Lovin the white laces but why'd you lace them different????

Originally Posted by iMaGe619

Welcome to Niketalk
smile.gif
Thank you! I actually found out about NT through a google search to find more info after I saw official pics of these shoes and this thread came up. Glad to be here and hope to be a long time contributing member.
smile.gif

Now go fix your laces lol. Both are tied differently and it's buggin the OCD in me haha.
Haha, you have a good eye. I was actually experimenting different ways to lace them up when I did the lace swap and I guess I forgot about them because I never made a decision.
laugh.gif
I feel pretty stupid now because I've been walking around with mixed up laces and nobody ever called me out on it.
embarassed.gif
I'd appreciate any opinions on which looks better.
airBOZretroIII wrote:

Thanks! They're actually a light grey color. I thought the stock black laces disappeared into the shoe, so I wanted to make the shoe pop more by matching the grey.

Welcome to Niketalk
smile.gif
Thank you! I actually found out about NT through a google search to find more info after I saw official pics of these shoes and this thread came up. Glad to be here and hope to be a long time contributing member.
smile.gif

Now go fix your laces lol. Both are tied differently and it's buggin the OCD in me haha.
Haha, you have a good eye. I was actually experimenting different ways to lace them up when I did the lace swap and I guess I forgot about them because I never made a decision.
laugh.gif
I feel pretty stupid now because I've been walking around with mixed up laces and nobody ever called me out on it.
embarassed.gif
I'd appreciate any opinions on which looks better.
airBOZretroIII wrote:

Thanks! They're actually a light grey color. I thought the stock black laces disappeared into the shoe, so I wanted to make the shoe pop more by matching the grey.

I love my pair. I've worn them a lot since copping and the only gripe I have with them is the pleather of the front toebox creases like crazy because of the depreciation in quality. It would've been nice to have the OGs because the leather on those look on point. I might just grab the other CWs when they go on sale because I love this one so much.

Those look Very Nice with the grey shoe strings, they actually look betetr than the black. I have the pair from 2000 and the leather is definitely different on the 2012's. The leather isn't smooth on the 2000's. I might have to get me some grey laces.
pimp.gif

Those look Very Nice with the grey shoe strings, they actually look betetr than the black. I have the pair from 2000 and the leather is definitely different on the 2012's. The leather isn't smooth on the 2000's. I might have to get me some grey laces.
pimp.gif

^
you mean the black & grey joints?...
cause the white/black joints haven't been in stores for over 10 years - unless you know something yet to be posted
(there is a white/black esq lookin colorway releasing soon, but it's really white/anthracite-green or
white/dark grey-green)

mint - nice pic, 99% of the time i say go with the original laces, but this combo works
though i keep em black on my pair

^
cause the white/black joints haven't been in stores for over 10 years - unless you know something yet to be posted
(there is a white/black esq lookin colorway releasing soon, but it's really white/anthracite-green or
white/dark grey-green)

mint - nice pic, 99% of the time i say go with the original laces, but this combo works

dope pic. need theseeeee 
frown.gif

dope pic. need theseeeee 
frown.gif

Passs if they made a pair that looked like the iv in black and white, with the elephant print I would cop.

Passs if they made a pair that looked like the iv in black and white, with the elephant print I would cop.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

^
white/dark grey-green)

I meant the joints bruh posted above,i should have said blk/wht lol

Originally Posted by green rhino123

^
white/dark grey-green)

I meant the joints bruh posted above,i should have said blk/wht lol

Originally Posted by emier2

when will nike/JB stop trying to give us this subpar quality on retroes. Im definitely willing to pay more for a higher quality product

Picked up two pairs with one being the HOH release. Gotta tell ya the quality is def. on base with these.Actually, I don't see much difference between these and the OG's. For the price they are a good deal. Looking to double up on the purple HOH pair.

when will nike/JB stop trying to give us this subpar quality on retroes. Im definitely willing to pay more for a higher quality product

Picked up two pairs with one being the HOH release. Gotta tell ya the quality is def. on base with these.Actually, I don't see much difference between these and the OG's. For the price they are a good deal. Looking to double up on the purple HOH pair.

Sorry - double post

Sorry - double post

Not sure if these were posted

nike-air-flight-89-new-color.jpg

nike-air-flight-89-retro-2012.jpg

Holiday 2012

The laces are unnecessary

and for the hundredth time, can I just get the plain white/black

Not sure if these were posted

nike-air-flight-89-new-color.jpg

nike-air-flight-89-retro-2012.jpg

Holiday 2012

The laces are unnecessary