Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

Anybody picked up the Rayguns yet? How's the build quality and materials? Leather stiff like recent releases? Thanks.

Slept hard on white purples.
I loved them, any other time they would be a classic shoe. But in the past two years there has been way too much heat from Nike and Jordan releasing. So, they're not even on my radar.

This is a shoe I'm going to look back on in five years and wish I had.

The leather quality, craftsmanship and overall lack of key details on all of these are so bad that you guys really aren’t missing out on much. What we should be asking is for Nike to give these the attention they deserve and actually do them right with actual leather. They need to make a serious attempt at an OG remastered/re-crafted retro of these instead of this half hearted effort they put into this recent release. I’m highly disappointed with the quality. I have the true blues and may still get the maroons but they aren’t nearly what they should be. This recent release shouldn’t even really count as an actual release of this shoe, if that makes sense. They’re that bad IMO. It’s really a shame.

The leather quality, craftsmanship and overall lack of key details on all of these are so bad that you guys really aren’t missing out on much. What we should be asking is for Nike to give these the attention they deserve and actually do them right with actual leather. They need to make a serious attempt at an OG remastered/re-crafted retro of these instead of this half hearted effort they put into this recent release. I’m highly disappointed with the quality. I have the true blues and may still get the maroons but they aren’t nearly what they should be. This recent release shouldn’t even really count as an actual release of this shoe, if that makes sense. They’re that bad IMO. It’s really a shame.
The worst part is, it's not like it would take much to make the Flight 89 retros pretty good. The shape from what I've seen ain't too bad in the toe boxes, which is a major issue with a ton of 90s retros. Like you say, just put some slightly better materials into them, add back the perf'ed toe boxes, don't screw around with changes to color blocking on OG colorways (like they nonsensically did on the white/reds with that idiotic black tongue), and call it a day.

Got lucky and caught Maroons at the outlet today for $90. I’m shocked at how good/soft the leather actually is and at the same time disappointed they didn’t use this leather on the true blue cw. It’s mind baffling. These are super nice for the price though. Glad I ran across these, had kinda forgotten about them.
C05A19CE-3179-492B-B024-AB17735855AB.jpeg

Got lucky and caught Maroons at the outlet today for $90. I’m shocked at how good/soft the leather actually is and at the same time disappointed they didn’t use this leather on the true blue cw. It’s mind baffling. These are super nice for the price though. Glad I ran across these, had kinda forgotten about them.
Which one

I’ve heard the midsoles are softer as well, can you confirm?

I’ve heard the midsoles are softer as well, can you confirm?
Midsole density feels about the same as the TB pair to me. Can't notice any real difference so far. Haven't worn them yet though. The guy at Nike who decided to put good leather on these but not the TBs needs to be fired. The insole is noticeably different though. Maroon insole is better/softer and the whole shoe is just overall made/constructed better than the TB cw. Again, mind blowing fail.

I talk about the air flight 89 at the end of my rant on Scottie Pippen, My Nike outlet here in Canada have the white / maroon for $129.99 cdn

Back
Top Bottom