Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

Got em! Was a little worried when these smoked on DSM today, but oh well.

Screenshot_20231208-130400.png

IMG_6698.jpeg

IMG_6705.jpeg

Was at DSM for the drop but all I wanted was the jacket, was deciding on black jacket vs green. Ended up with black, didnt like the black collar or cuffs on the green. Was tempted to grab the 89’s but honestly eh, I didnt love em. They do look nicer in person.

Not into the reptile skin, but want the Stussy joints just because of the nice leather. They been doin the Flight 89 dirty with plasticky fake-*** leather for a while. Hopefully this changes.

I got an extra Stussy X Nike white Jersey Medium, just trying to get retail plus shipping

Fun fact, in like a 10 year period where a bunch of crazy **** happened to me back in the day and I wasn't really a sneakerhead, I definitely had years where I thought both shoes were the same shoe when remembering playing in them as a kid. I had both and just ran the two memories together in my mind :lol:

It’s infuriating they screw around with stupid collabs like this that receive reasonably quality materials and perfed toe boxes … but continue to crap all over the regular retros.
But hey, thanks for saving me money on every Flight 89 release, Nike.

:smh: :stoneface:

It’s infuriating they screw around with stupid collabs like this that receive reasonably quality materials and perfed toe boxes … but continue to crap all over the regular retros.
But hey, thanks for saving me money on every Flight 89 release, Nike.

:smh: :stoneface:
With a true cult following, the 89 has to be the most disrespected sneaker in the retro lineup. I think within the community, people view these as takedown model. Never mind the AJ VII is a Jordan branded huarache, that also shares the same sole as the Maestro 1s. Or the 8s that share some common characteristics as the Air Raid, Air Unlimiteds, and the Air Prevail. The 89 wasn’t done any favors either from their bastard cousins the Flight Condor or Flight Falcon. Entire NSW and Retro departments stay wildin’.

With a true cult following, the 89 has to be the most disrespected sneaker in the retro lineup. I think within the community, people view these as takedown model. Never mind the AJ VII is a Jordan branded huarache, that also shares the same sole as the Maestro 1s. Or the 8s that share some common characteristics as the Air Raid, Air Unlimiteds, and the Air Prevail. The 89 wasn’t done any favors either from their bastard cousins the Flight Condor or Flight Falcon. Entire NSW and Retro departments stay wildin’.

Lolwut? I was with you til that line. They don't. At all. And the only thing those other shoes share is cross straps. :lol:

Lolwut? I was with you til that line. They don't. At all. And the only thing those other shoes share is cross straps. :lol:
Ok, ok, ok……….I meant the actual bottom sole. The traction on the Flight Huaraches and 7s are vastly differently, but Maestro 1 incorporates both. At least from my perspective. The others in the Flight series weren’t like this, and definitely not in the Force series.
IMG_0692.jpeg

IMG_0693.jpeg

IMG_0691.jpeg

Cross straps on the Air Raid and Jordan 8? Didn’t Tinker design both? That’s all I’m referring to. Nothing else, because no other sneakers had straps like this, which is why JB released an Air Raid inspired Jordan 8. Air Raid gave birth to the 8 with the strap ideas.

Could’ve worded things better, but if I’m wildin, I’m wildin. So be it.

Back
Top Bottom