Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

I had to do the same with my white/blacks and black/neo teals. PITA for sure, but once I got my good pairs I couldn't have been happier. To me, there's a world of difference between quality issues during production, and purposely making a shoe out of strange materials like the Vac Tec Air Ups.
Having an opinion doesn’t make anyone wrong, especially when you factor in preference and personal experience. To me, having to keep returning pairs to find a decent pair is wild. Especially if you’ve been waiting forever for a pair, so I can only imagine what would happen if my grail, the Maestro 1s, came back. Minor things like the blue Flight script on the black GO LWPs instead of white, or the lack of the stitched “Nike” on all Air Unlimited tongues, the missing white Nike logos on the triple black Unlimiteds, are things I can live with because these will most likely not release again, and they aren’t enough for me to complain. For me at least.

The swoosh has irritated me with:

-Vac-Tech Air Ups
-The interfold napkin-like leather on both of the Flight Lites I mentioned, especially since they’ve been doing 89s, Forces, and numerous others dirty, for quite sometime
-The bs story around the all red “Trifecta” Maestro 2 release.. That was a 1 time ASG only wear from what I remember. Never wore em in season and Pip def wore Maestro 1s in the playoffs.
-The repeated disrespect Nike shows to the Flight 89. If all you’re gonna do f—- up all the releases, why bother releasing them at all?

These are all my personal opinions, some will agree, some won’t. All love.

And that’s all I’m saying. Nobody should have to return a sneaker that many times to get the quality they expect the 1st time. Especially for one they like. I bit on a pair of 89s a few weeks ago and got these.
IMG_0655.jpeg

Went to the local Nike store, every pair of 11.5s had some sort of defect. Whether it’s the materials used or lack of QC, a bad product is a bad product.
trash *** pleather

From SneakerNews. Much like I said when I mentioned these months ago, close but no cigar. No red hits on the tongue and heel like there should be. :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20240213-110505.png
Screenshot_20240213-110525.png

They look great to me, I don't need the red.

Thanks for the post, I do need holes in the toes though.

Yeah the incorrect tongue stands out the most to me.

I could deal with that as the 2012 White/Blue retro had an all white tongue.
For me it's the eyelets & the lack of red combined with the possibly lower grade
materials. Probably gonna pass as well.

Are we sure this is supposed to be a retro of the OG, or just a variation of that as a Retro+? Personally, I just need the OG black with decent materials and shape.

At this point, if nike releases colorways with decent materials i will cop. Otherwise, it is a very hard sell on bad colorway/material alone.

These systematically get ignored and sent to outlets.

Bro, you still have a pair? :wow: Good for you. And thanks for the info!

Yeah, the 99/2000 pair. Which I guess is the only time they've ever retroed, right? Part of me thinks I should just try to sole swap them lol.

I will never understand why Nike continues to do this. What's so hard about just making the color blocking exactly like the original pair?

From SneakerNews. Much like I said when I mentioned these months ago, close but no cigar. No red hits on the tongue and heel like there should be. :rolleyes:

1978S 1978S

nike air flight low 1989.png

Also, the eyelets should be grey & tongue two-tone

Thank you sir.

Close......but...... |l

At this point in my life nostalgia goes very far. With these minor details missing I may just pass and realize I'll never get a proper retro of this classic colorway.

Everything has to be a Panda now, apparently. I could deal with the lack of red, as much as it sucks, but the gray eyelets and all-white tongue really kill it for me. At least the toes are finally perf'ed.

I've had the OG's....

Not mad at these, especially when they go on sale.

Cant tell if its the typical pleather, but I am going to assume so.

Back
Top Bottom