"Nike air Flight Huarache" Still hoping, praying, and waiting for these to return. This year or n

Its the colorway name. Bold berry

Sounds better than fab 5's

Are you serious?! Gettoutta' here. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] I ain't NEVER heard nobody round me refer to THAT shoe as berrie anything. Picture me calling a FTL or even rolling up in the store saying.... Excuse me, Y'all got them berrie huaraches?

Bruh....... My point was where did this "berrie" nickname come from? Even the youngins' around here know them as either the flight huaraches or the Fab 5s.

Maybe where you stay is different. (shrug)

Last edited:
Blueberrie Flight Huarache,Bold Berrie Flight Huarache,all work..Fab 5 is something that will get u looked at like "u want 5 shoes"..sneaker store employees know the new Jordan retro unless they're a 110% sneakerhead..I been doing this since the Fab 5 was on court..employees NEVER know a sneaker by a nickname..unless it is the newest Retro..I can think of hundreds of times an employee was clueless..maybe a handful that knew the game at all.

^^^ Once again...... Maybe where YOU stay.

Never heard this shoe referenced to as a berrie colorway. I've owned them twice before & didnt even need this re-release. Where I'm from there referenced as the OG flights or the Fab 5s. When I scooped pairs last year for a few homies.... Guess what I asked for when I hit the stores? You got them Fab 5 joints?

Similar to the "Barkley" 180s, certain color ways are still referenced to the people that wore them not the color code. Nobody calls that shoe the black, red, white & royal blue 180s. :rofl:

Matter fact, are the Kobe Huaraches not called the Kobe or Laker Huaraches? Or are they called whatever color code is on that box which right now I wouldn't know..... :lol:

Last edited:
The vernacular varies by location though. Different regions are gonna refer the shoes by different names. Honestly, depends on the person. That Fab 5 team was before my time. I don't know the connection. Don't care to. I just refer to them as the OG Flight Huaraches or even Berries if I have to.

^^^ Once again...... Maybe where YOU stay.

Never heard this shoe referenced to as a berrie colorway. I've owned them twice before & didnt even need this re-release. Where I'm from there referenced as the OG flights or the Fab 5s. When I scooped pairs last year for a few homies.... Guess what I asked for when I hit the stores? You got them Fab 5 joints?

Similar to the "Barkley" 180s, certain color ways are still referenced to the people that wore them not the color code. Nobody calls that shoe the black, red, white & royal blue 180s. :rofl:

Matter fact, are the Kobe Huaraches not called the Kobe or Laker Huaraches? Or are they called whatever color code is on that box which right now I wouldn't know..... :lol:
my area code shows where I stay..it's cool..call them whatever u feel like..nah kid at the store had no clue they were even Kobe PE..doesn't care..he just gets paid 8 bucks an hr to get my shoes off a shelf..u real good wit the smiley face emoji game..keep it up..stay humble.

Last edited:
my area code shows where I stay..it's cool..call them whatever u feel like..nah kid at the store had no clue they were even Kobe PE..doesn't care..he just gets paid 8 bucks an hr to get my shoes off a shelf..u real good wit the smiley face emoji game..keep it up..stay humble.

Oh most definitely.....

http://s1257.photobucket.com/user/s...1CD0B8E8-1556-4D9F-988C-EAEFC49CF826.jpg.html

Ya'll call em' what you want. That "berrie" thing was just news to me. (shrug)

http://s1257.photobucket.com/user/s...445-1873-40B3-B634-974AD37C0330.png.jpeg.html

Last edited:
Bruh....... My point was where did this "berrie" nickname come from?

Maybe where you stay is different. (shrug)

I'm guessing people in his thread are calling them berries because 1) 'bold berry' or whatever is on the box and it's easier to use that to differentiate colorways. I don't think people in real life are going around saying they're "bold berry flights"

Curious..... We calling Fab 5s "berries" now?

Not at all.
I simply used the term "Berries" b/c the pair I wore back in 1992 didn't have the color "Bold Berry" in it.
(FWIW - Where I'm from, we DID call them the Fab 5 Huaraches...)

Last edited:
Only reason I say what I said is the employees really don't know..u might get one dude at the store who is on it..but for the most part kids getting their 1st job..on occasion I meet another person at a store who knows half as much about their stock as I do..U probably wouldn't believe the amount of times I asked about Huaraches & the person looks like u just made up a sneaker..so asking them to remember nicknames is probably beyond impossible for some.

Only reason I say what I said is the employees really don't know..u might get one dude at the store who is on it..but for the most part kids getting their 1st job..on occasion I meet another person at a store who knows half as much about their stock as I do..U probably wouldn't believe the amount of times I asked about Huaraches & the person looks like u just made up a sneaker..so asking them to remember nicknames is probably beyond impossible for some.

It also depends on where your live. Here...... Certain shoes go strictly by nicknames. Foamposites are Dopes. Total maxes are Duncan's. Tech Chalkenges are Agassis. Air trainer SC's are Bo's.

No joke, I seen all this berry talk & I really started skimming thru past pages thinking a new colorway was being released. Lol

It also depends on where your live. Here...... Certain shoes go strictly by nicknames. Foamposites are Dopes. Total maxes are Duncan's. Tech Chalkenges are Agassis. Air trainer SC's are Bo's.

No joke, I seen all this berry talk & I really started skimming thru past pages thinking a new colorway was being released. Lol
Of course..I live in Springfield,Ma we study the planet here..the dudes that know will really be about it..like every name u mentioned,I know..but I can't expect the girl at Eblens to know..they hardly ever do..fam,I asked the stock manager at the store I copped my Barkleys at if they were getting them,she looked at me like I was crazy & said "no Barkley shoe is this weekend" only to have the newest employee have to say they're in the back already..which is funny..the actual manager said she has been there longer than him & knows nothing..which is sad..don't get me started on the Bo's...(sad face here)

Haha word you from springfield too huh. Thats whats up, didnt know there were many ntrs from here. And yea round here most employees dont know much. Copped tech challenge 3's from expressions and i was like let me get those agassis. He didnt what i was talkin bout

Haha word you from springfield too huh. Thats whats up, didnt know there were many ntrs from here. And yea round here most employees dont know much. Copped tech challenge 3's from expressions and i was like let me get those agassis. He didnt what i was talkin bout
Yessir..so u already know what I'm saying..some of us know the game..but the store employees are not that into it..I will say we do get a lot of good releases wit all the Eblens & Expressions here.

Nope those things are Nice.

The ogs, the early 2000's retro and now these.

Good leather good mesh good neoprene and good cushioning

Only problem people complained about was the plastic breaking but i havent experienced that yet

Back
Top Bottom