Nike Air Flight Lite II retro looks to be coming

Seeing these makes me want Nike to never ever retro the OG Maestro 1. It’s like the remake of Point Break, some things are better left Og.

I feel you! My quote below is from this very page..... :lol:

I hear you, but I want the Flight 89 High's forever archived and never retroed. I just KNOW Nike would butcher a retro of them and will taint their legacy. :smh:

0F015F6B-DF91-4E89-9C52-813AC31E0C06.jpeg
1403E7E8-ACA0-46D1-A2D7-B537F9CEE034.jpeg
WHICH ONE????????

where can I get these for retail ?

EDIT: just bought over retail from Ebay. needed it for Nostalgia

aRE the black ones coming ? My fav all time , I have the OG's sittin in a box somewhere.

Last edited:
This is the only pair I ever saw in person for sale in a local store back in '92. I thought they were unwearably hideous, and my opinion didn't change when one of my teammates arrived at practice one day with a pair of them. I don't think I ever even saw another person wearing any of the different versions, either. Scottie is the only one I recall ever seeing with the mid/low (whatever we're calling it these days) version.

Shawn Kemp use to rock these. You remeber the lister blister ?

Calling OG Air Flight Lites, these Flight Lite 2s, and the Air Bound 2s "weak" is going a bit far, if you ask me. But you definitely had to be there back then to care :lol:
That said, the Air Bound 2 is the weakest of the lot, and I say that as someone who had the black pair as one of his HS team shoes. Funny enough, I actually exchanged a pair of Flight Lite 1 lows for them after the toe separated.

Calling OG Air Flight Lites, these Flight Lite 2s, and the Air Bound 2s "weak" is going a bit far, if you ask me. But you definitely had to be there back then to care :lol:
That said, the Air Bound 2 is the weakest of the lot, and I say that as someone who had the black pair as one of his HS team shoes. Funny enough, I actually exchanged a pair of Flight Lite 1 lows for them after the toe separated.
I was definitely there when all of them originally dropped and NONE of them generated the type of demand what I posted.
Everyone knows if you wanted a flight lite then these were it

50DFC8FE-0723-4EF9-81C3-F7948D253C4D.jpeg

But instead they give us a boring Mid.
Air Bounds always were always MEH. In 1991 if you wanted a pair of flights and didn’t have the pair above then it was all about the flight 91 below

F31AC139-35DB-4482-9383-E86EB1429565.png

B90A6500-046E-4613-9AED-8A0F2636A5CF.png
19F49C83-1893-4DE3-89A6-AF58365E99D7.png
10818F2F-8C40-4B85-B972-9D64F479E65F.jpeg

Clearly whoever brought these back over all these shoes either has terrible taste or didn’t really live through that era

I was definitely there when all of them originally dropped and NONE of them generated the type of demand what I posted.
Everyone knows if you wanted a flight lite then these were it

50DFC8FE-0723-4EF9-81C3-F7948D253C4D.jpeg

But instead they give us a boring Mid.
Air Bounds always were always MEH. In 1991 if you wanted a pair of flights and didn’t have the pair above then it was all about the flight 91 below

F31AC139-35DB-4482-9383-E86EB1429565.png

B90A6500-046E-4613-9AED-8A0F2636A5CF.png
19F49C83-1893-4DE3-89A6-AF58365E99D7.png
10818F2F-8C40-4B85-B972-9D64F479E65F.jpeg

Clearly whoever brought these back over all these shoes either has terrible taste or didn’t really live through that era
You and I had vastly different experiences, then LOL
We clowned those ugly Flight Lite highs with the green and orange. OG Flight Lite 1 lows were everywhere on and off the court where I lived, including on my own feet (multiple pairs). I also had those Air Flight lows, definitely not a shoe I've ever felt a whiff of wanting to return.
But it's not about what was or wasn't arguably more popular at the time. Bringing back the shoes they've brought back shouldn't be at the expense of the many other great ones. Maestro 1s in black/white trump almost all of these and have never retroed, and how there's also never been an AF5 retro, high or low, is beyond me.

You and I had vastly different experiences, then LOL
We clowned those ugly Flight Lite highs with the green and orange. OG Flight Lite 1 lows were everywhere on and off the court where I lived, including on my own feet (multiple pairs). I also had those Air Flight lows, definitely not a shoe I've ever felt a whiff of wanting to return.
But it's not about what was or wasn't arguably more popular at the time. Bringing back the shoes they've brought back shouldn't be at the expense of the many other great ones. Maestro 1s in black/white trump almost all of these and have never retroed, and how there's also never been an AF5 retro, high or low, is beyond me.

I grew up in New York, to be all the way real most were aspiring to own the Jordan's or the First Reebok Battle ground pumps.

Just to give a little insight because I know we all enjoy looking back at old photo's, this was our varsity basketball team from the 90-91 & 91-92 season

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 9.57.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 9.48.55 PM.png

I grew up in New York, to be all the way real most were aspiring to own the Jordan's or the First Reebok Battle ground pumps.

Just to give a little insight because I know we all enjoy looking back at old photo's, this was our varsity basketball team from the 90-91 & 91-92 season

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 9.57.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 9.48.55 PM.png
That's dope. Damn we're old LOL
Honestly we were all over on what was deemed cool from one month to the next. Half the Jordans got clowned at my school in metro Detroit as being "ugly," so go figure. The shoes most of us on the team wore for official practices and games tended to be whatever were relatively new Flight or Force models. One time I lost my mind and switched from Nike to the original black/white/gum Dee Brown Dunks, the first Above the Rim-branded pair SMFH (not the Omni Pump pair or whatever it's called that's been retroed repeatedly).

Reactions: ejb
Great Seinfeld find!

Co-sign on the Flight 91 being all over (where I was). Was a dope shoe and helped that a lot of NBA guys were wearin em.

As stated, (and discussed on here ten million times), how the Air Maestro 1 has not been retroed is one of the biggest mysteries in this entire process. That shoe is arguably on the mount rushmore of Non-Jordan 90s shoes, and yet Nike gives us....the Maestro 2. Multiple times. There HAS to be some dumb reason, but it can't me molds because we've learned Nike doesn't use old molds they just make these from scratch like a junior high science project (and results).

Even this Flight Lite 2 (which i love) is almost unknown to most of the buying public yet Nike is now randomly going all-in for this. I've said this before, I just wish I was a fly on the wall during these boardroom meetings and decisions.

082C6F5E-6C5C-48A4-BC33-CB6F8DD6DC58.jpeg

My local Finishline had them out already. I must say, the”leather” is nicer than I thought it would be based off of pictures. Unfortunately I couldn’t try them on because they didn’t have my size, but the midsole was pinch-able, so I’m encouraged about how comfortable they are.

One of the associates asked me who’s shoe it was, he said they been getting asked for a lot.

Back
Top Bottom