Nike Air Flight Lite II retro looks to be coming

It looks like they did a similar thing here as they did to the Flight Huarache retros a few years ago. It's like they scaled-down the upper, which necessitated the changes to some of the lines and geometry. That side panel that runs from the heel down to the midsole above the outrigger follows a different path because the entire upper isn't as tall/large.

I assume Nike does this BS because by actually making the shoes "smaller," it means less material is required to create the upper, which logically costs less and increases the profit margin. Or (and this seems less likely) maybe some geniuses at HQ think people today prefer less bulky shoes, and slimming down these old '90s silhouettes will make them more appealing to modern buyers. I doubt that's the case, since models like this are obscure niche ones that only are going to appeal to old folks like some of us in here, in the first place. I have, however, wondered in the past if the Jordan 1 mid didn't come about because Nike planners thought that not a lot of people wanted to wear true '80s-style high tops anymore. I dunno.

My company just hired a new marketing director ... and he comes from Nike where he was apparently one of Kobe's main guys there, and he also led marketing for JB. I haven't even met the dude yet thanks to covid and working from home, but at some point I'm going to get to know him. And do I have questions for him :lol:

this guy??

https://www.linkedin.com/in/andymiguel/

They can make some good looking runners like the AIR MAX 3 and huarache retro , for the basketball line i've yet to see agressive sports car shape , even if it's lower in height and more flimsy materials , those models where not bulky to begin , even the originals Air force 1 were slimmer in the toebox vs retro nowadays . the first thing i see when i look at this flight lite retro is the curve of the toebox , banana or duck shaped like the challenge huarache retro ... no good look , perhaps wearing these will form the toe a better shape

It looks like they did a similar thing here as they did to the Flight Huarache retros a few years ago. It's like they scaled-down the upper, which necessitated the changes to some of the lines and geometry. That side panel that runs from the heel down to the midsole above the outrigger follows a different path because the entire upper isn't as tall/large.

I assume Nike does this BS because by actually making the shoes "smaller," it means less material is required to create the upper, which logically costs less and increases the profit margin. Or (and this seems less likely) maybe some geniuses at HQ think people today prefer less bulky shoes, and slimming down these old '90s silhouettes will make them more appealing to modern buyers. I doubt that's the case, since models like this are obscure niche ones that only are going to appeal to old folks like some of us in here, in the first place. I have, however, wondered in the past if the Jordan 1 mid didn't come about because Nike planners thought that not a lot of people wanted to wear true '80s-style high tops anymore. I dunno.

My company just hired a new marketing director ... and he comes from Nike where he was apparently one of Kobe's main guys there, and he also led marketing for JB. I haven't even met the dude yet thanks to covid and working from home, but at some point I'm going to get to know him. And do I have questions for him :lol:
Yes, I think we saw this with the first Jordan retros of the 2000s. Some shoes got cut in height and the shape changed.

I think they changed the shape to "modernize" them.

Look at the 2000 6s and 2002 7s they're actually BULKIER but look more modern. A perfect fit for that Era of fashion.

And there's STILL no sign of a Flight Maestro 1 retro, either!
I worked at athletes foot. When the maestros1 came out we had a lot of returns on the heel being defective, that's whythe Maestro 2 had a different heel setup

hmmm First I've ever heard that. All i know is half the leagues and open gyms I played in back in the early 90s had Maestro 1's on and I never heard any complaints :lol:

DD4C78BA-4EB3-41BA-8D04-82EB99941128.jpeg

I love these older model shoes, but much of the design demands quality materials. With Nike, we know this isn’t going to be the case

Facts. Sometimes I look at joints that are golden years archived and second guess wanting a retro out of the trash shapes and materials they slap on them. Totally deforms the shoe and changes the essence/nostalgia sometimes.

Facts. Sometimes I look at joints that are golden years archived and second guess wanting a retro out of the trash shapes and materials they slap on them. Totally deforms the shoe and changes the essence/nostalgia sometimes.
That's why I sold all my pairs of the 2015 Flight Huarache retros. Didn't even look like the same shoe. Hell, it's the same thing a lot of us say and have been saying for years about a lot of retros. It's why I didn't buy a retro III between 2003 and the AMMs. And then there's always the same suspects in threads where we make these "complaints" who basically say, "who cares?" and that it's not a big deal. For sure it matters more on some shoes than it does on others, but the ones it does matter on, it's not even the same damn shoe when Nike/JB butchers the shape. The shape is as much of what makes some of these shoes look the way they do as anything else, arguably more so.

They did those Huaraches dirty in 2015 and didn't they only do like one flavor.. smh. That's not even a shoe that should be over looked. Joints were cooking in 02-04.

They did those Huaraches dirty in 2015 and didn't they only do like one flavor.. smh. That's not even a shoe that should be over looked. Joints were cooking in 02-04.
There was more than one colorway. I had the OG Fab Five and Lakers/Kobe colorway.

I actually played in the retros and they were soooo comfortable. I can't imagine how comfy those OG's must have been.....

Back
Top Bottom