Nike Air Foamposite One "Galaxy" 2/25/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!

Originally Posted by osyrhiz

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

Originally Posted by osyrhiz

Planning on headed to Europe in hopes of obtaining a pair!

Uh... what difference is that going to make? They sold out in minutes there as well.

Apparently you don't know what I know!!!

What i do know, is a plane ticket to  Europe is expensive. Round Trip im asuming and a hotel $$$$$. Why dont you try ebay or flight club or CL.

I'm willing to trade my VNDS Dark Armies 7.5 and my VNDS J.Kidd flights for a pair of Galaxies 7.5 through 8.5 VNDS or DS . PM me if interested . I prefer NYC meetup

Originally Posted by NycPosite

Don't do it. Jkidd and dark army are a lot harder to come by then these galaxy
Agreed. And those J-Kidd flightposites blow these joints out of the water too, IMO. That was a shoe that would have merited a ton of hype, but they kind of flew under the radar because that was before the foam madness.

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

Originally Posted by Maximilian

If you are a true collector and not a reseller, who is eager on cashing the cow as much as possible, you know that this shoe will be among the top 10 all time releases and if you own an unworn pair keep it stored safe somewhere, take them out once in a while and smile, because you own a defining moment of Nike history.

There was no limitation in Europe numberwise, but in general not more than 100 pairs per size were sold over here, since not more of those were produced for the European market, for example Germany had 60 pairs only, I think Great Britain 200, France around 50 etc., the releases were only in the big cities and the camping was equally crazy as in the states the only difference was, that the Europeans seem to be more patient than the Americans. There was no theft or anything like that.

So as an owner of 2 pairs of galaxies, I can say that I am more than happy that these are part of my collection!
???

Top 10 all time what?

Defining moment in Nike history?

I don't even think most experienced Nike "collectors" - I'm talking about guys like me who lived through all these shoes the first time around - would even consider the Nike Foamposite 1 to be a top 10 Nike model itself. So, how the hell is some non-OG gimmick with a glow in the dark sole going to be a top 10 model.  ...If OG Royals are arguably top-10 of Nike/JB at absolute best - how the hell is some quackery like this gonna rock on a list of top 10 shoes in the history of NIKE? That's just flat out insane.

Foams sat like bricks when they first dropped. Fact. Foams sat like bricks when they were re-released multiple times. Fact.
Thats your opinion but I agree with Maximilian when he says these will always be remembered as one of the biggest releases in Nike history and they look great! 

I cant believe you would say the foam 1 isnt a top 10 model in the history of Nike basketball....top ten Nike's overall might not be the case for some but top 10 nike basketball sneakers is a no brainer IMO

Waiting for people to wear these a couple of times, have another hyped shoe come out and then see pairs for sale at more reasonable prices.

Originally Posted by greatone33333

Every time I wear these I just stare at my feet and smile
smile.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NycPosite

Don't do it. Jkidd and dark army are a lot harder to come by then these galaxy

this. especially the kidd flights. still reminisce about my pair that i sold about a year and a half ago. armies as well. don't miss the armies nearly as much as the kids. those kids are insane. don't do it!! BUT, i gotta be honest... as far as actually wearing them i'd rather have my galaxies, but that's just me.

also, it's all opinion, but i'd have to agree that the foam one in general would have to be mentioned among top ten all time.

Originally Posted by DRO3000

If you are a true collector and not a reseller, who is eager on cashing the cow as much as possible, you know that this shoe will be among the top 10 all time releases and if you own an unworn pair keep it stored safe somewhere, take them out once in a while and smile, because you own a defining moment of Nike history.

There was no limitation in Europe numberwise, but in general not more than 100 pairs per size were sold over here, since not more of those were produced for the European market, for example Germany had 60 pairs only, I think Great Britain 200, France around 50 etc., the releases were only in the big cities and the camping was equally crazy as in the states the only difference was, that the Europeans seem to be more patient than the Americans. There was no theft or anything like that.

So as an owner of 2 pairs of galaxies, I can say that I am more than happy that these are part of my collection!
???

Top 10 all time what?

I don't even think most experienced Nike "collectors" - I'm talking about guys like me who lived through all these shoes the first time around - would even consider the Nike Foamposite 1 to be a top 10 Nike model itself. So, how the hell is some non-OG gimmick with a glow in the dark sole going to be a top 10 model.  ...If OG Royals are arguably top-10 of Nike/JB at absolute best - how the hell is some quackery like this gonna rock on a list of top 10 shoes in the history of NIKE? That's just flat out insane.

Foams sat like bricks when they first dropped. Fact. Foams sat like bricks when they were re-released multiple times. Fact.
Thats your opinion but I agree with Maximilian when he says these will always be remembered as one of the biggest releases in Nike history and they look great! 

I cant believe you would say the foam 1 isnt a top 10 model in the history of Nike basketball....top ten Nike's overall might not be the case for some but top 10 nike basketball sneakers is a no brainer IMO
Of course I meant Nike Basketball Top 10, since I am only familiar with the Nike Basketball section!

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

I'm willing to trade my VNDS Dark Armies 7.5 and my VNDS J.Kidd flights for a pair of Galaxies 7.5 through 8.5 VNDS or DS . PM me if interested . I prefer NYC meetup

I wouldnt trade straight for my armies... JKidds and armies, you'd be a victim of the hype.

Aight im gonna take you guys advice and rescind my offer
laugh.gif
I really wanted these joints but I can't see myself paying more than $450 for a pair

Originally Posted by DRO3000

???

Top 10 all time what?

Well, I'll say this - and I know this is only my opinion, though I know I'm not the only one who feels this way - even with the Foam One in the mix, pound for pound, the Barkley line > the Penny line.

It may or may not be a top 10 Nike Basketball shoe (it's definitely not if you consider original runs of Jordan sigs "Nike basketball," which they were as per the original catalog categorizations - but I understand, that's a bit of a bait and switch in the context of this discussion).

Still, I don't think it's a slam dunk. You still have Command Forces, Air Force Max, 180 Air Force Max, 180 Max pumps, Air Pressure, Godzillas, CB34s, Flight 89s, Penny Is... There are a lot of other strong contenders - that's all I'm saying.

I don't expect most people to really understand the significance of shoes like Flight 89s or Air Delta Forces if they weren't even alive in those days. But, for those who experienced it, every one of those shoes made a bigger impact on their day than the Foam 1 did upon their release.

You sure that's the word you're looking for?
As for me, I don't think these look all that but Royals aren't the only c/w that look good >D

Truth. Royals are definitely classics, but so much other hot CWs. I think what drew me to the Galaxies was the GITD sole. The print itself is ok, but you throw that GITD sole on any of the other foams and it would make it twice as sick, IMO.

Truth. Royals are definitely classics, but so much other hot CWs. I think what drew me to the Galaxies was the GITD sole. The print itself is ok, but you throw that GITD sole on any of the other foams and it would make it twice as sick, IMO.
agreed. that was the finishing touch that made this sneaker so hot. it was the cherry on the sundae

I wouldn't drop more than retail for these, they have 0 durability. If you scrape your feet against anything, say bye to the screen printing :lol:

I've worn these 3 or 4 times & ehhh the thrill is gone. Still going to keep them in the collection but nothing that I would miss if I did get rid of them.

just started wearing my pair this month and love em..definitely a very unique shoe. they look much better on feet then in pics as well.:smokin

Back
Top Bottom