Nike Air Foamposite One 'Weatherman' $250 MSRP Release 08/30/13

these are sitting everywhere in nyc.  and i was tempted to use my military discount but i had to pass. that 3m on the shoe almost made me cop

these are sitting in Tampa, FL in every store. they look horrible imo but to each his own but im seeing these go on discount but who knows

Saw these in person. Aren't as terrible as described. They are definitely different.

And BIP - it was me that said if u hate the shoe say ur peace and keep it moving. Not sure what u were getting at but I haven't been in here like that so what advice should I be taking?

Nah, J. It wasn't you. You made like one mention of it; you weren't the one cluttering up the thread.

There were like 2 or 3 people getting all testy about others voicing their negative opinions on the shoe, but then writing monologues every 10 minutes about how they love them and how anybody who doesn't like them is broke or something.

Saw these in person. Aren't as terrible as described. They are definitely different.

And BIP - it was me that said if u hate the shoe say ur peace and keep it moving. Not sure what u were getting at but I haven't been in here like that so what advice should I be taking?

Nah, J. It wasn't you. You made like one mention of it; you weren't the one cluttering up the thread.

There were like 2 or 3 people getting all testy about others voicing their negative opinions on the shoe, but then writing monologues every 10 minutes about how they love them and how anybody who doesn't like them is broke or something.

Gotcha. I was all types of confused this weekend. Next time respond quicker :rofl:

as much as i don like the colorway
a new connect called me out the blue this morning and asked if i wanted a pair at 30% off

i dont know how he could get a discount so quickly but i'm thinking of jumping on it only because its a foamposite

i could live with $175.00 plus tax for this colorway but $250.00 is way too much
plus i'll pass him a tip so when future stuff comes in he will call me first

that's another reason im thinking og picking up a pair

i asked whats the reason for such a nice discount he said barely any pairs sold and his manager just wants to move pairs

Reminds me of the days when foamposites were a niche shoe, they sat and rotted on shelves and had no other option but to go on sale. Lesson to all you hipsters, if you don't beast over a shoe it has to go on sale. That goes for every foamposite /jordan/LeBron released in the last 10 years.

as much as i don like the colorway
a new connect called me out the blue this morning and asked if i wanted a pair at 30% off

i dont know how he could get a discount so quickly but i'm thinking of jumping on it only because its a foamposite

i could live with $175.00 plus tax for this colorway but $250.00 is way too much
plus i'll pass him a tip so when future stuff comes in he will call me first

that's another reason im thinking og picking up a pair

i asked whats the reason for such a nice discount he said barely any pairs sold and his manager just wants to move pairs

If they really want/need to move pairs so badly maybe u could get em cheaper if u haggle with the guy a little. If I could pick these up for ~$150 I'd def. Consider picking up a pair.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the days when foamposites were a niche shoe, they sat and rotted on shelves and had no other option but to go on sale. Lesson to all you hipsters, if you don't beast over a shoe it has to go on sale. That goes for every foamposite /jordan/LeBron released in the last 10 years.

Yup

So what y'all saying now, these go on sale for $150-$175 and everybody is going to cop?

I guess I'm a bit different, if I don't like a shoe then I don't like the shoe regardless of what kind of sale or deal I'm getting on it.

i feel bad for shop owners who have to sit on these. money lost
the same shop owners who charge $250 for gr jordans? the same shop owners that wanted $600 for galaxy foams & zoom rookies? The same shop owners that charge $600 for LeBron corks & denims? The same shop owners that wanted $1200 for yeezys? ****!
Seriously

I know a store that moved these for $450, majority were before the release date and I'm sure some of those dudes are kicking themselves right now.

If they really want/need to move pairs so badly maybe u could get em cheaper if u haggle with the guy a little. If I could pick these up for ~$150 I'd def. Consider picking up a pair.

its a major store

so that's the price with the discount

i asked if i had to pay tax on top of the $175.00 and was told yes

with tax and tip i'll be paying $200.00 if i got and buy that's better then box price and tax

if the shoe sits i'll be paying about the same on a price drop for not selling

not sure yet what i'm a do

i aint see then in person yet

Last edited:
Gotcha. I was all types of confused this weekend. Next time respond quicker :rofl:

[sarcasm]I'm sorry bro, but I have a life outside NT, unlike all these broke dudes on the computer all day complaining about prices... :lol: :tongue:

Penny wise, pound foolish. You scratch his back, he scratches yours. If you take advantage of him in a time of weakness, then you don't ingratiate yourself to be looked out for when he has all the leverage and you don't "need" to be cut in.

If you're trying to build a relationship, you tell dude you'll take a bunch of his pairs for that discount, and then you get most of them off below retail and don't worry about making much money -maybe you hold on to a pair or two just in case prices do sky rocket in the future. Now. you've actually done him a favor, so now you're in a position to be repaid. Bleeding dude as much as you can is not the way to start a relationship.

...There's a reason most people who attempt the reselling thing fail.

the same shop owners who charge $250 for gr jordans? the same shop owners that wanted $600 for galaxy foams & zoom rookies? The same shop owners that charge $600 for LeBron corks & denims? The same shop owners that wanted $1200 for yeezys? ****!

I'd tell you that you should know better than to come into a Foam thread and try to make sense, but then again, looks like I haven't learned that lesson either.

Last edited:
So what y'all saying now, these go on sale for $150-$175 and everybody is going to cop?
I guess I'm a bit different, if I don't like a shoe then I don't like the shoe regardless of what kind of sale or deal I'm getting on it.

Most people have a price point before the shoes become purchase worthy.

IE If I say ill give u a pair for $5, you honestly gonna tell me no thanks? Yes it's an extreme case but it shows my point.

went back to jj to cop the hat and was sold out..smh anybody know any other website that sells them?

View media item 564325

Cranium Fitted's is the best online hat store IMO
sorry to hear that, check the fitted thread for better hat stores.

also, remember coughdrops were in outlets for about $130, I wonder how low these will go :lol:

considering the variables;
aren't selling AT ALL
but
outlets are charging damn near retail nowadays.

Most people have a price point before the shoes become purchase worthy.

IE If I say ill give u a pair for $5, you honestly gonna tell me no thanks? Yes it's an extreme case but it shows my point.
Yes thats an extreme example and I'd more than likely bite but I still wouldn't rock a pair that I didn't like.

I just had to give away about 15 pairs that I bought in the past simply based on a price that was too good to pass up.

I'm trying to get better discipline and not cop just to cop anymore. Just so no one thinks that I'm throwing hate at this colorway, I actually bought a pair.

If I keep it or not is another story.
also, remember coughdrops were in outlets for about $130, I wonder how low these will go 
laugh.gif

considering the variables;
aren't selling AT ALL
but
outlets are charging damn near retail nowadays.

I remember seeing the cough drops for 100 at my outlet, didn't care for them at the time and bought some barkleys. still kicking my *** on that decision 

I remember seeing the cough drops for 100 at my outlet, didn't care for them at the time and bought some barkleys. still kicking my *** on that decision 
same here
mean.gif
 but i bought one pair for $119.99+ tax
grin.gif
 would have made a killing if i knew back then
mean.gif

Last edited:
Sneakerhead still has a bunch of sizes if anyone is actually looking to buy but judging by the posts in this thread it should be renamed to the god awful weatherman foam thread. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes thats an extreme example and I'd more than likely bite but I still wouldn't rock a pair that I didn't like.
I just had to give away about 15 pairs that I bought in the past simply based on a price that was too good to pass up.
I'm trying to get better discipline and not cop just to cop anymore. Just so no one thinks that I'm throwing hate at this colorway, I actually bought a pair.
If I keep it or not is another story.
In the end that's prolly the realest comment I heard in this thread. Cop what u like and what you see yourself wearing. Nike been cranking out jays and nikes back to back too tough. I can remember when u only got 2 jairs per month....yea it was during 9/11 times but ill take that over this 2 pairs a jays a week spew

Back
Top Bottom