NIKE AIR FOAMPOSITE PRO - ELECTRIC GREEN (MARCH 2011)

Originally Posted by NickEPockets

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Originally Posted by sneakermane

This is just false.  If by "Back in the day before Niketalk" you are referring to pre-2001, no Jordans sold out within hours and no one ever camped out. 

BTW...This statement..........

WRONG!!!

99' Black/Cements 4s & White/Cement 4s sold out immediately. I don't even remember seeing them on store shelves the way the sold out so fast.
Not to stay off topic...

But dude talking about "pre-2001" like sneakers just became in demand [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]then[/color]?

Is that FOX News reporting? 
laugh.gif
No, "pre-2001" was just my reference to when Niketalk began, which was suggested by the comment I replied to.

And in Boston (where I was living at the time), all the retros were available well after release dates.  In fact, the Black/Infrared VIs went on sale, and the Laney and Wht/Silver Vs were on clearance.  I remember in 1994, when the Is, IIs and IIIs came out they were around for a long time as well.

My whole point was that its ridiculous to downplay the impact of the internet when it comes to the rise in popularity of sneakers.  The birth of NT (and other shoe-related websites), the rise of eBay and secondary market sites, these are all key reasons why this hobby and passion for sneakers became a mainstream phenomenon...

This is true to a degree. The bred cw typically always sold out instantly, however the other Jordan cw were easier to obtain and would sit, but slowly sell out eventually. I believe this to be accurate imo.

Originally Posted by njavier03

Originally Posted by just another pair

they're nice, i dont think these will sit around TOO much longer like how the cough drops did.. you cant find anymore royals anywhere.

royals were a whole different ball game though. cough drops FINALLY disappeared in my area lol. then again i think the outlets had them on sale for 79.99
Cough Drops just left both my stores like thursday of last week. I could prob still find them but who really wants to at this point
roll.gif

Originally Posted by njavier03

Originally Posted by just another pair

they're nice, i dont think these will sit around TOO much longer like how the cough drops did.. you cant find anymore royals anywhere.

royals were a whole different ball game though. cough drops FINALLY disappeared in my area lol. then again i think the outlets had them on sale for 79.99
Cough Drops just left both my stores like thursday of last week. I could prob still find them but who really wants to at this point
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 86crookedways

This is just false.  If by "Back in the day before Niketalk" you are referring to pre-2001, no Jordans sold out within hours and no one ever camped out. 

WRONG!!!

99' Black/Cements 4s & White/Cement 4s sold out immediately. I don't even remember seeing them on store shelves the way the sold out so fast.
Not to stay off topic...

But dude talking about "pre-2001" like sneakers just became in demand [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]then[/color]?

laugh.gif
No, "pre-2001" was just my reference to when Niketalk began, which was suggested by the comment I replied to.

And in Boston (where I was living at the time), all the retros were available well after release dates.  In fact, the Black/Infrared VIs went on sale, and the Laney and Wht/Silver Vs were on clearance.  I remember in 1994, when the Is, IIs and IIIs came out they were around for a long time as well.

My whole point was that its ridiculous to downplay the impact of the internet when it comes to the rise in popularity of sneakers.  The birth of NT (and other shoe-related websites), the rise of eBay and secondary market sites, these are all key reasons why this hobby and passion for sneakers became a mainstream phenomenon...

This is true to a degree. The bred cw typically always sold out instantly, however the other Jordan cw were easier to obtain and would sit, but slowly sell out eventually. I believe this to be accurate imo.
Neither of the IVs sold out immediately in my area (NC btw)...  Matter of fact, none did really until the Space Jams came out.  That was the first sneaker in this area to sell out.  And they didn't sell out immediately either.  Like over the course of that day..  Now everyone thinks they can make a quick buck, that's why most sneaks sell out of with the quickness now.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 86crookedways

WRONG!!!

Not to stay off topic...

laugh.gif

Neither of the IVs sold out immediately in my area (NC btw)...  Matter of fact, none did really until the Space Jams came out.  That was the first sneaker in this area to sell out.  And they didn't sell out immediately either.  Like over the course of that day..  Now everyone thinks they can make a quick buck, that's why most sneaks sell out of with the quickness now.
grin.gif

I actually don't like the big swoosh on the side..I wonder if I can take that off without damaging the shoe too much???

I actually don't like the big swoosh on the side..I wonder if I can take that off without damaging the shoe too much???

Originally Posted by nimhet

ull still see the imprint regardless.

Then you'd just have a big dent in your shoe where the swoosh goes.

Then you'd just have a big dent in your shoe where the swoosh goes.

some pics make these look decent and some like that group picture make them look nasty...i still gotta see these in person

Originally Posted by bigj505

Originally Posted by edunpeal

most of the people who are saying they are selling well is either the people who bought them or resellers
grin.gif

or witnesses to actual instore purchases. there is a such thing as the real world
Mall by me had only 1 shoe store carry them out of 6 in the mall.  My homegirl the manager at the spot that got em I had em on hold and was gonna let them stay on hold till they went on sale like cough drops and then use her employee discount (cant use discount 1st week of release DTLR). Anyway i asked what her inventory was and the store got 22 pair and she sold 17 by 1pm that day.  Went ahead and paid full price in case DM tried to do a store transfer since it shows available in the system

some pics make these look decent and some like that group picture make them look nasty...i still gotta see these in person

most of the people who are saying they are selling well is either the people who bought them or resellers
grin.gif

or witnesses to actual instore purchases. there is a such thing as the real world
Mall by me had only 1 shoe store carry them out of 6 in the mall.  My homegirl the manager at the spot that got em I had em on hold and was gonna let them stay on hold till they went on sale like cough drops and then use her employee discount (cant use discount 1st week of release DTLR). Anyway i asked what her inventory was and the store got 22 pair and she sold 17 by 1pm that day.  Went ahead and paid full price in case DM tried to do a store transfer since it shows available in the system

interesting look...I might have to try this when I get my pair this Fri. 

tough in person, but im waiting for the price to drop....not to knock anyone, but a group of men wearing the same shoe together is kinda.........ill just say not my style lmao

tough in person, but im waiting for the price to drop....not to knock anyone, but a group of men wearing the same shoe together is kinda.........ill just say not my style lmao

^
Unless its a kid music group.

Maybe times have changed, but that wasn't the "move" when I was in high school or college.

Hell, even junior high...

^

Maybe times have changed, but that wasn't the "move" when I was in high school or college.

bigj505 wrote:

edunpeal wrote:

grin.gif

so how would you know if they are selling pretty well just by witnessing maybe a couple of people buy this, i doubt people actually hanged around stores to see how well they did
tired.gif

my footaction got 140 pairs. sold 100 pairs by 3pm on saturday. 4 people came in asking for them saying stuff like "please tell me you can help me" while i was exchanging some kicks.
.... walks around the mall and it looks like ghostbusters around there with all the slimer outfits.
.... drives around bmore and sees chicks AND dudes rocking these
.... reads posts of people saying the same thing im saying then reads your post and says... clueless.

im not hyping the shoe at all. im just stating what i saw.

BigJ....Why are you even arguing bro?

They may be sitting in YOUR hood.....But these babies are indeed moving in the DMV.
These Will Be Gone Around Here Within The Next 2 Weeks... If You Live In The DMV An Plan On Waitin For These To Go On Sale Then You Might Wanna Go Head An Make A Move Now... Cause Thats Not Even Bout To Happen...  Hopefully There Will Be Pewters To Go Around Tho... Kids Done Spent Up Their Parents Tax Money On Either The Royals, Griffeys, NoMos, 13s, Or These By Now...

bigj505 wrote:

edunpeal wrote:

grin.gif

so how would you know if they are selling pretty well just by witnessing maybe a couple of people buy this, i doubt people actually hanged around stores to see how well they did
tired.gif

my footaction got 140 pairs. sold 100 pairs by 3pm on saturday. 4 people came in asking for them saying stuff like "please tell me you can help me" while i was exchanging some kicks.
.... walks around the mall and it looks like ghostbusters around there with all the slimer outfits.
.... drives around bmore and sees chicks AND dudes rocking these
.... reads posts of people saying the same thing im saying then reads your post and says... clueless.

im not hyping the shoe at all. im just stating what i saw.

BigJ....Why are you even arguing bro?

They may be sitting in YOUR hood.....But these babies are indeed moving in the DMV.
These Will Be Gone Around Here Within The Next 2 Weeks... If You Live In The DMV An Plan On Waitin For These To Go On Sale Then You Might Wanna Go Head An Make A Move Now... Cause Thats Not Even Bout To Happen...  Hopefully There Will Be Pewters To Go Around Tho... Kids Done Spent Up Their Parents Tax Money On Either The Royals, Griffeys, NoMos, 13s, Or These By Now...

^
laugh.gif
I'm sayin' though.
Cats would've gone BACK home on some "-_- nah man... how the %*#+ we look wearing the same !%%%?".

^
laugh.gif
I'm sayin' though.
Cats would've gone BACK home on some "-_- nah man... how the %*#+ we look wearing the same !%%%?".

^

High school, college, junior high.....that was NEVER the move. 

And then take a group shot though?

#bammas
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom