Nike Air Foamposite Sample Concept History Page

The Signature Player wasn't THAT popular. There were multiple pairs and colorways on eBay for $30-40...but the royal pair still eludes me.

Well since you want to use eBay as your source of popularity, you can get Hyperdunks for 40-50 bucks - does that mean they're not popular?

I played school ball in 2001-2002 and I remember a lot of schools equipped with the Air Signature Player. They were your average school-team basketball shoe.

Well since you want to use eBay as your source of popularity, you can get Hyperdunks for 40-50 bucks - does that mean they're not popular?

I played school ball in 2001-2002 and I remember a lot of schools equipped with the Air Signature Player. They were your average school-team basketball shoe.

A shoe being used by school teams doesn't make it popular, it makes it a good playing shoe, like the Hyperdunk, Soldier III, Hyperize, etc.. I've never seen anyone wear the Signature Player for fashion/style purposes (which is what I meant by 'popular'), and it was never a sought-after shoe. As you know back then eBay was one of the very few sources to get kicks and even then, it never demanded money. Not using eBay selling prices as the sole gauge of popularity but it is a pretty good defining characteristic.

A shoe being used by school teams doesn't make it popular, it makes it a good playing shoe, like the Hyperdunk, Soldier III, Hyperize, etc.. I've never seen anyone wear the Signature Player for fashion/style purposes (which is what I meant by 'popular'), and it was never a sought-after shoe. As you know back then eBay was one of the very few sources to get kicks and even then, it never demanded money. Not using eBay selling prices as the sole gauge of popularity but it is a pretty good defining characteristic.

Most high schools in my area wore the sig players if they wore Nikes. I honestly don't know how that wouldn't qualify. I like to think about it this way. The Jordan XI retro came out the same year. I was one of three people in my school with them. Around thirty people had the Sig Players. I imagine that was the case with a lot of schools that had the Sig Player as their team shoes. The Signature Players were ten times more prevalent. That doesn't qualify as popular?

Most high schools in my area wore the sig players if they wore Nikes. I honestly don't know how that wouldn't qualify. I like to think about it this way. The Jordan XI retro came out the same year. I was one of three people in my school with them. Around thirty people had the Sig Players. I imagine that was the case with a lot of schools that had the Sig Player as their team shoes. The Signature Players were ten times more prevalent. That doesn't qualify as popular?

As an aside isn't the Signature Player the same shoe that a lot of NT ballers stayed away from due to lack of support & increased ankle sprains/injuries? IIRC from threads posted years ago.

Prof. K also did a review on them as well & Avar was inspired by the Nerf football at the time? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the link OP

As an aside isn't the Signature Player the same shoe that a lot of NT ballers stayed away from due to lack of support & increased ankle sprains/injuries? IIRC from threads posted years ago.

Prof. K also did a review on them as well & Avar was inspired by the Nerf football at the time? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the link OP

i've never seen those colors in the clogs, thanks!

but the sig. player, i remember them coming out in a lot of Tb colors, with a white shell and different colored mesh. Also, if i recall, the shoes had this horrible arch from the kicksology.net review...anyway, thanks for the scan!

i've never seen those colors in the clogs, thanks!

but the sig. player, i remember them coming out in a lot of Tb colors, with a white shell and different colored mesh. Also, if i recall, the shoes had this horrible arch from the kicksology.net review...anyway, thanks for the scan!

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

The Air Signature Player was actually a very popular shoe. It sold well and were worn by dozens of NBA players during the 2001-2002 season.

I remember that lol

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

The Air Signature Player was actually a very popular shoe. It sold well and were worn by dozens of NBA players during the 2001-2002 season.

I remember that lol

the sigs were nice but definitely not the most comfortable posite from what i remember

still want a pair of clogposites though
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

edit - that flightposite collection
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

the sigs were nice but definitely not the most comfortable posite from what i remember

still want a pair of clogposites though
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

edit - that flightposite collection
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

still only interested in foam ones and foam pros. This article is more about flightposite.
frown.gif

still only interested in foam ones and foam pros. This article is more about flightposite.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom