Nike Air Force 1 "Bespoke" "BEE KAWS"

I think Mayor would be a little soggy if some did a Bespoke that had the "Mayor" emblem on the back though

I think Mayor would be a little soggy if some did a Bespoke that had the "Mayor" emblem on the back though

Originally Posted by xilegacy

I know the owner of this pair and from what he told me was Kaws got pissed at Nike for allowing his signature logo(the 2 x) on the bespoke and wanted that pair destroyed. Nike tried everything to get it back from the person that owns them. I was told he was offered numerous pairs of Bespokes if he returned the pair but still refused. I don't know why Kaws was so butt hurt about the situation.
If you made your name from a design, how would you like it if someone bit it and wore it around without your permission? Remember shoe customizer JORONE? He had custom Jordan Xs that some dude in Asia made fakes of and it was a pretty big deal. I'm surprised KAWS hasn't copyrighted the design yet, but I'm more shocked at Mayor's response. I feel like he's taking it way too seriously and honestly I dont see a reason why he should be that mad at KAWS.

KAWS is mad, just as Nike gets mad when fakes pop up. These will not sell for 50k, probably about 2000 at the most.

I know the owner of this pair and from what he told me was Kaws got pissed at Nike for allowing his signature logo(the 2 x) on the bespoke and wanted that pair destroyed. Nike tried everything to get it back from the person that owns them. I was told he was offered numerous pairs of Bespokes if he returned the pair but still refused. I don't know why Kaws was so butt hurt about the situation.
If you made your name from a design, how would you like it if someone bit it and wore it around without your permission? Remember shoe customizer JORONE? He had custom Jordan Xs that some dude in Asia made fakes of and it was a pretty big deal. I'm surprised KAWS hasn't copyrighted the design yet, but I'm more shocked at Mayor's response. I feel like he's taking it way too seriously and honestly I dont see a reason why he should be that mad at KAWS.

KAWS is mad, just as Nike gets mad when fakes pop up. These will not sell for 50k, probably about 2000 at the most.

Originally Posted by ekhunter

kaw's aint +%%*, and nike made him, he has NO right to say a word, if it wasnt for nike he wouldnt be +%%*

and these are TRASH, no one would even buy them for 800.00 cause they HOT GARBAGE.

he makin an uproar to get his name in the news again, NO OTHER REASON cause he aint own SHIZZLE
mad.gif

You sound dumb right now.

Originally Posted by ekhunter

kaw's aint +%%*, and nike made him, he has NO right to say a word, if it wasnt for nike he wouldnt be +%%*

and these are TRASH, no one would even buy them for 800.00 cause they HOT GARBAGE.

he makin an uproar to get his name in the news again, NO OTHER REASON cause he aint own SHIZZLE
mad.gif

You sound dumb right now.

Mayor just hates Kaws because he went up to him at an event and asked him for a pair of Kaws Black AF1. Kaws had no idea who Mayor was and told him "no". Him and Clark Kent are so used to be given stuff that Mayor was a bit upset that he had to go out and pay real money for those black joints. Story I heard from someone close to those ATF cats

Mayor just hates Kaws because he went up to him at an event and asked him for a pair of Kaws Black AF1. Kaws had no idea who Mayor was and told him "no". Him and Clark Kent are so used to be given stuff that Mayor was a bit upset that he had to go out and pay real money for those black joints. Story I heard from someone close to those ATF cats

Originally Posted by sergdamerg
I believe it
would love to add more but I'm going to be positive 
happy.gif

I'll just say, you can tell they wear free stuff because its always from a streetwear store/brand on their last leg 
laugh.gif

and I've seen them turned down from stores/brands that are actually good

(not that they don't have $, cuz they apparently do)

but I thought Mayor was "above" being negative?

never thought those dudes would call anyone out or even curse online for that matter 
laugh.gif

I believe it
happy.gif

I'll just say, you can tell they wear free stuff because its always from a streetwear store/brand on their last leg 
laugh.gif

never thought those dudes would call anyone out or even curse online for that matter 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Nike took a design that even if it's not patented by Kaws, is still seen as Kaws' design and they likely did it without his permission. Nike's done several shoes with Kaws and I'm sure he would've approved it had he been asked. It's like if Nike started using the cursive font Cartoon is famous for but didn't tell him or ask his input.
elcerrito91 wrote:
xilegacy wrote:

I hear what you are saying but nike has stitched a X on a shoe before they even collaborated with Kaws. A lot of people are getting confused, the problem isn't X being stitched on the shoe because it has been done before on other Bespokes it was that they allowed the use the double X in black on the shoe which is Kaws signature. I can understand as  an artist someone else doing mock up of your work and you being upset, but it's just Kaws made it out to be a bigger deal than it had to be. He complained to Nike and they took off that design that's fine. Why does he have go after the shoe and get it destroyed too.
laugh.gif
I am sure he has used other artist's work and made it his own. Point is Kaws made it out to be a bigger deal than it had to be.

Btw this happened a while back and it isn't recent. I guess blogs are writing about it because they went up for auction and to the guy that said it will sell for 20,000-50,000
roll.gif
. The only reason it's up for that much is probably because the seller has no intention to sell, but I guess he would if he got 50k.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I believe it
happy.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I'm sure it's true. He really thinks he is a celebrity. At him trying to get paid to appear at events
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Nike took a design that even if it's not patented by Kaws, is still seen as Kaws' design and they likely did it without his permission. Nike's done several shoes with Kaws and I'm sure he would've approved it had he been asked. It's like if Nike started using the cursive font Cartoon is famous for but didn't tell him or ask his input.
elcerrito91 wrote:
xilegacy wrote:

I hear what you are saying but nike has stitched a X on a shoe before they even collaborated with Kaws. A lot of people are getting confused, the problem isn't X being stitched on the shoe because it has been done before on other Bespokes it was that they allowed the use the double X in black on the shoe which is Kaws signature. I can understand as  an artist someone else doing mock up of your work and you being upset, but it's just Kaws made it out to be a bigger deal than it had to be. He complained to Nike and they took off that design that's fine. Why does he have go after the shoe and get it destroyed too.
laugh.gif
I am sure he has used other artist's work and made it his own. Point is Kaws made it out to be a bigger deal than it had to be.

Btw this happened a while back and it isn't recent. I guess blogs are writing about it because they went up for auction and to the guy that said it will sell for 20,000-50,000
roll.gif
. The only reason it's up for that much is probably because the seller has no intention to sell, but I guess he would if he got 50k.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I believe it
happy.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I'm sure it's true. He really thinks he is a celebrity. At him trying to get paid to appear at events
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

lol @ fatso going in on kaws. dude is a nobody. 

Who is Mayor anyways? What is he famous for? Seriously cause I would like to know. 

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

lol @ fatso going in on kaws. dude is a nobody. 

Who is Mayor anyways? What is he famous for? Seriously cause I would like to know. 

Back
Top Bottom