Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Anthracite/ Black/ Hot Red - Vol. Don't Mess This One Up

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I did these a while back... no doubt the ones being released could have used a bit more red...

all red joints with the red swoosh are
eek.gif
. i'd def cop them in a heartbeat.

Mark my words.....I will NOT sleep on these! The volts and the freshwaters flew off the shelves in and around Detroit.
mad.gif

Footaction in PC has them for the bx heads and lurkers...they look very out of place on the shelf....I'm thinkin to myself "they have these before thebo's and wht uptempos?"
smh.gif

Originally Posted by BinYe

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Replace the anthracite with white and the shoe pops a lot more.

my sentiments EXACTLY!!!

sweet jesus... that's all it required and they managed to screw it up.

Really dissapointed (as i seldom express angst)... because i adore these
shoes so much. wear my freshwaters and volts weekly...

If this shoe was done as aforementioned, these would be discustingly
remarkable in style.

But nope... too much black. The leather should have been white and
things would have been a wrap like saran. Damn.

I DISAGREE 100%.

If there's one thing this shoe DOESN'T need its more white. First of all, your proposed colorway would basically just be the Freshwaters with a slightchange in accent colors. What would be the point of that? Just get the Freshwaters and be good.

Now, I do think they should have done something with the swoosh to bring in a little more red. I think a red outline like someone else suggested would havedone the trick.

But either way... these are COPPED! I'll reserve final judgement til I see them on my feet, but right now I think I like these more than the Freshwaters(and they're killing the Volts).

I seen em at both footaction and footlocker. Easy pass too plain. Such a hot shoe deserves better thought out colorways

this shoe has grown on me, the first pics i saw werent good though.

since it appears they wont sell out, ill try & cop on discount.

Back
Top Bottom