Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
I am putting more work in these than any other shoe I have ever gunned for. First shoe I feel like I have to have. It's crazy

Last edited:
^^^
Some the 1st early retro molds are my favs. I dont think that notion is too farfetched.

94 1s >85
99 4s >89
01 3s >88/94
00 5s >90

Collecting terms I'll def take the OGs. Rocking terms I like the modern spin on a couple retros.

I'll add that the early 2000s XIIs might be better than the original pairs as well because of how heavy they were and because of the retros from that run having more pronounced cushioning.

I always stand by the opinion that Jordan Brand actually went into the first run of retros with the intention of revising and "improving" the originals, and I think they succeeded on some pairs.

As someone who has owned quite a few originals and '99-03 models over the last few years but doesn't care about the nostalgia or collecting aspects of things; I can appreciate their effort.

All of that said: I agree that the "remastered" I model might be my favorite iteration outside of the '94s, and I'd take these over those even simply on the basis of comfort.

I agree. I had OGs 95-08. My first sig was 19s, but eventually stocked up on orginal along the way. The cut on the originals were super high for court purposes. I personally liked the 00, 03, & 04 molds of the 11s, 12s, & 13s more in terms of casual wear.

I'm really digging the '15 molds of the 1s. Im glad they didnt try to recreate the 85s, because I'm almost certain the swoosh would get butchered in the process ala OG 1 lows.

I agree. I had OGs 95-08. My first sig was 19s, but eventually stocked up on orginal along the way. The cut on the originals were super high for court purposes. I personally liked the 00, 03, & 04 molds of the 11s, 12s, & 13s more in terms of casual wear.

I'm really digging the '15 molds of the 1s. Im glad they didnt try to recreate the 85s, because I'm almost certain the swoosh would get butchered in the process ala OG 1 lows.

Started with the XX2s for me after my mom finessed me out of buying myself a pair of CDP IIs that this local store had split :lol:

Might've had few models before that just in the name of being "fly", but that's when I started to care.

I completely agree on the XIIs and XIIIs, but the '96 XI mold is just a work of art to me. I would choose those first knowing damn well that the '00 pairs are better suited to casual use.

That was my first thought when I saw these new lows actually. I appreciate the effort they made to at least somewhat resemble the original releases, but I don't want my highs to look like that at all. A spot on fusion of the '94 x '13 pairs > a less than stellar attempt to recreate '85s in this case, for me.

Gotta agree. Had '94s come with even just a lil' cushion in the ankle they would outdo 2015.

Yep. And a subtle detail but I'm glad Nike is using the rough sockliner (at least what it looks like) from the 2013s. I used to hate it but now I realize it's great. I would like it a little smoother but at least there is no slight slippage like the 94s or lows, etc. Maybe Royals sock liner might have been the perfect liner though cause they are so plush.

Gordonson Gordonson you make me feel like we are in an art museum forum. :lol:

It's an unintentional habit of mine :lol:

I always say it, when I think of Air Jordan's I don't think of Mike. I think of Peter Moore, Bruce Kilgore, Tinker Hatfield, and Wilson Smith. I love this *** from the art side of things, and love the rare moments like this where Jordan Brand actually does something right.

I am putting more work in these than any other shoe I have ever gunned for. First shoe I feel like I have to have. It's crazy

I agree, I'm probably going to put in a raffle for any place within a 15-20 mile radius. Also hoping the Sneakers app is still only available to iPhone users as I will have my cell in my right hand and my wife's cell in my left hand.

It's an unintentional habit of mine :lol:

I always say it, when I think of Air Jordan's I don't think of Mike. I think of Peter Moore, Bruce Kilgore, Tinker Hatfield, and Wilson Smith. I love this *** from the art side of things, and love the rare moments like this where Jordan Brand actually does something right.

Thats exactly my mindset. Tinker is great but if you're talking about Michelangelo and De Vinci, be sure to mention Peter Moore and Bruce Kilgore. Way ahead of their time. All their designs are simple works of art. There's a reason the AF1, Dunk and Air Jordan 1 are timeless and sought after decades later.

There's a reason my office is full of photos of politicians and framed pages from Scoop Jackson's "Sole Provider."

I agree, I'm probably going to put in a raffle for any place within a 15-20 mile radius. Also hoping the Sneakers app is still only available to iPhone users as I will have my cell in my right hand and my wife's cell in my left hand.
I have a eerie feeling that these will not release on the app due to limited quanities. If i was anyone cop a pre order and then wait till release day and attempt to double up 

I'm prepared to strike out. But I might actually put a little work for these. Maybe 5 raffles this time around.

These really are coming unlaced?

I hope you're wrong
Same here I want two pairs i have one already pre-order just in case . I mean $210 pre-order is legit. But if these drop on the App i will cop but i would not be surprise if all the bots grab all the pairs off of NDC

Back
Top Bottom