Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
No shade, but some of you guys worry too much about how the next man spends his money. :lol:

Excluding the online route, do you guys factor in the the gas money and time spent driving store to store for raffles? The amount of hours spent waiting in line?

As mentioned before, some people do not have the time to put in the legwork during the work week and on Sadderdays. Some have family and/or employment obligations that they deem more important. It's simply a matter of convenience. I see it as letting someone else put the work in and paying them a fee to do so. I'd be more upset at the shady employees and managers moving FSR's out the back door to these people/sites offering pre-orders.

I don't cop pre-orders and I didn't pre-order these, but I see why some did. I'm positive most of the people that did end up pre-ordering these would have preferred to pay retail. Who wouldn't?

With that said, I'm lining up extra early for these. :rofl:

I basically paid some kid $100 to do all of the grunt work to find me a pair. NO BRAINER FOR ME.

Now, if this was a shoe that was easily available (meaning wake up at 10a, get to the store at 11a, and cop), well then thats stupid. But those days are over.

Again, i cop maybe 3 jordans per year. Some releases deserve a pre-order, FOR ME.

Good luck to everyone. I will be trying to cop a 2nd at retail. But i have 3% chance.

call other retailers near you. they might be playing dumb.

also, use the edit button, please. thanks 
nerd.gif
Past experiences tell me never to fully trust store workers over the phone when you call them up asking for information on high demand releases weeks in advance.

EDIT: Moreover, past experiences tell me not to trust pre-orders at all.  Just put in the work for release day, and if you strike out:

1) ask a friend/relative you know who was able to get on RD to sell to you;

2) Ask FB groups;

3) Buy from reseller.

If I missed out on RD, I'd rather pay the resell price on a known legit pair of sneakers rather than paying for a pre-order not knowing if it's 100% legit (remember all the drama from pre-ordering the Black Infrared 6s? Pages & pages & pages of people going back and forth saying if a site is legit or not, with countless legit checks leading up to RD).

Peace of mind for legit shoes >>>> getting them early

Last edited:

Co-signed!

I preordered a pair as well. Don't want to be the guy who entered every raffle, wake up early on Sadderday, can't add to cart and find out on Nike twitter its sold out. Or worse, Nike servers crashes so we all keep trying for hours and hours and then finally give up and start looking at resell prices...
Isn't Pre-Order Prices equal to Resale Prices pretty much....
ohwell.gif

i sometimes pay retail and i sometimes pay resell too ,when i know i will be salty or too limited

releases here in canada,you never know

i live pretty good with it 

Listen to the following song to increase the epicness of this post:

I have a feeling and faith I will be able to cop on release day, I will use all my skills to be successful with this release; I wanted this shoe for a long time and I WILL get them.  I hope everyone gets a pair on RD or in general.  Good luck guys and be careful with those pre-orders who all do it!

Listen to the following song to increase the epicness of this post:

I have a feeling and faith I will be able to cop on release day, I will use all my skills to be successful with this release; I wanted this shoe for a long time and I WILL get them.  I hope everyone gets a pair on RD or in general.  Good luck guys and be careful with those pre-orders who all do it!
If the locator map looks like the B&W map

I'm good this release

Both my malls had got the B&Ws nice size run

Best of luck to everyone else

so it's going to be like normal NA 1 numbers. Well no GR for us.
if these are like white/black release were done for

white/blacks sold out instantly in a few area

the hype on these is on another level enitrely

oh oh

laugh.gif

Last edited:
Will be my only JB purchase this year, possibly my last pair ever.
same same

Was gonna pre-order from a mutual friend, but then I checked my budget and i'm off 20 bucks. Guess I'll just wait for RD now

if these are like white/black release were done for

white/blacks sold out instantly in a few area

the hype on these is on another level enitrely

White blacks were easy to get here and were easy to get around retail for a long time on the resell market.

All the OG NA's have pretty much been the same, with demand of White/Black and Shadows just being less than the other ones.

That's why it's odd people are saying these will be easy, like NA 1's have ever been a GR.

The only thing I noticed was lasers seem to be more plentiful in allocation from typical NA I's.

Back
Top Bottom