Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
What is worse is spending that much in reseller prices, whatever it may be, and you only wearing the damn sneakers a few times a year cause you have a bunch of other sneakers in rotation. And after so many years they might start to crumble, get yellowed, creased all over, etc.

Do what you want with your money, but just remember at the end of the day you spent $300-400 on a sneaker. Commodity fetishism at its finest.

Last edited:
Those that pre-order kicks for above retail price, whatever the reason they do it, represent a small percent of people that will buy a sneaker. Let them be special in their own way.

Paying anything higher than retail (which is already high as it is) is pretty stupid.

I have a lot of disposable income, but I refuse to spend $300-400 on a sneaker. Utter insanity.

The funny thing is people say this same thing about $100 and $200 sneakers.

Which is why I wonder why people care so much what others do.

The funny thing is people say this same thing about $100 and $200 sneakers.

Which is why I wonder why people care so much what others do.
Like I said do what you want, doesn't stop me from mocking others.

Who am I kidding, trying to get others here to feel shame for spending crazy money on shoes made in a prison labor sweat shop, is useless.

What preorder site is more trust worthy bokanume.bigcartel.com or kixsquare please help I do not feel like camping

call other retailers near you. they might be playing dumb.

also, use the edit button, please. thanks 
nerd.gif

[thread="607957"]So I gave footlocker santa Barbara a call to check there manifest to see if they'll be releasing the Airjorda 1 chi's and they said they wont receive them so this release is looking limited so those who are waiting to pay retail pray that you have a flagship shoepalace or flagship footaction because these will be limited. Im praying that the SNKRS app will drop them.[/thread]

Too soon. Call the week of release. Everyone will say the same thing

we got ourselves a classic hyped release here

pre-order is about what others choose to do with their money point blank money should bring convince and those with more deserve to exchange that money for more convince.

what i hate is when the pre-order gang place their order and spend the next couple of weeks saying glad i pre ordered and basically crapping on those who didn't like they in some kind golden perch.

let people breath and if you haven't gotten any other NA one then you should be war ready cause after the hares expect every blog site to hype these up to the max. they need the click bait 
laugh.gif

The only thing I'm worried about is how am I gonna get a second pair. I don't see why they didn't make as many of these as the Lasers. JB backwards hustling as always

we got ourselves a classic hyped release here

pre-order is about what others choose to do with their money point blank money should bring convince and those with more deserve to exchange that money for more convince.

what i hate is when the pre-order gang place their order and spend the next couple of weeks saying glad i pre ordered and basically crapping on those who didn't like they in some kind golden perch.

let people breath and if you haven't gotten any other NA one then you should be war ready cause after the hares expect every blog site to hype these up to the max. they need the click bait :lol:
I normally don't pre-order, but I am going to laugh at dudes who didn't preorder, can't cop, and then come here to whine when release day prices are $300-$325 a pair. There's no "waiting it out" with OG 1's. They don't go down in value, they don't settle much. They just start to climb in price. And I won't be caught with my d in the wind whining about how I could have saved $30-$50 by preordering.

trappedintime trappedintime I normally don't pre-order either but I'm not sure if I'm going to have time to do raffles for that week and I don't want to stay up/wake up just to strike out and go hunt for a pair on craigslist/BASH. If I remember correctly the 2013 Black/Reds were around $300 on release day. I have a feeling people in the Bay will charge that or more.

trappedintime trappedintime I normally don't pre-order either but I'm not sure if I'm going to have time to do raffles for that week and I don't want to stay up/wake up just to strike out and go hunt for a pair on craigslist/BASH. If I remember correctly the 2013 Black/Reds were around $300 on release day. I have a feeling people in the Bay will charge that or more.
Yup, it only makes sense if you can't enter raffles and pick up a pair in person. Holding out hope for a GR when there hasn't been one on an OG1 since 1994 doesn't seem smart to me. Is $270 too much? Probably to a lot of people, but this thread will be full of dozens of dudes who miss out on RD and are going to hunt down a reseller pair. Just looking at the market, if pre-orders are starting at $270 does anyone have faith that you'll be able to pick up a pair on the secondary market for less? If you do, I think you're crazy and going to be disappointed if things don't work out for you at retail.

Yup, it only makes sense if you can't enter raffles and pick up a pair in person. Holding out hope for a GR when there hasn't been one on an OG1 since 1994 doesn't seem smart to me. Is $270 too much? Probably to a lot of people, but this thread will be full of dozens of dudes who miss out on RD and are going to hunt down a reseller pair. Just looking at the market, if pre-orders are starting at $270 does anyone have faith that you'll be able to pick up a pair on the secondary market for less? If you do, I think you're crazy and going to be disappointed if things don't work out for you at retail.
Co-signed!

I preordered a pair as well. Don't want to be the guy who entered every raffle, wake up early on Sadderday, can't add to cart and find out on Nike twitter its sold out. Or worse, Nike servers crashes so we all keep trying for hours and hours and then finally give up and start looking at resell prices...

Co-signed!

I preordered a pair as well. Don't want to be the guy who entered every raffle, wake up early on Sadderday, can't add to cart and find out on Nike twitter its sold out. Or worse, Nike servers crashes so we all keep trying for hours and hours and then finally give up and start looking at resell prices...
The Pure sadness in the last two sentences [emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji].....Dear sneaker gods I [emoji]128591[/emoji] that all will flourish on this release with no problems. I [emoji]128591[/emoji] over our PCs, Mobile devices, Raffles and Connects that they will work to the best of their abilities to secure the pairs we desire and we don't have to pay resell ever. Thank you for all the opportunities at our disposal.....Amen

No shade, but some of you guys worry too much about how the next man spends his money. :lol:

Excluding the online route, do you guys factor in the the gas money and time spent driving store to store for raffles? The amount of hours spent waiting in line?

As mentioned before, some people do not have the time to put in the legwork during the work week and on Sadderdays. Some have family and/or employment obligations that they deem more important. It's simply a matter of convenience. I see it as letting someone else put the work in and paying them a fee to do so. I'd be more upset at the shady employees and managers moving FSR's out the back door to these people/sites offering pre-orders.

I don't cop pre-orders and I didn't pre-order these, but I see why some did. I'm positive most of the people that did end up pre-ordering these would have preferred to pay retail. Who wouldn't?

With that said, I'm lining up extra early for these. :rofl:

Im just entering a bunch of raffles and call it a day.

Gave you the blueprint a few months back, you should be smooth..

hopefully I luck up out here in the streets of LA, got a few solid leads just need things to fall in place..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom