Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Raffles take awhile if there done properly they have to pull until every size is accounted so if there are a lot of entries and people aren't picking up the phone it could be a long process I remember when I was seasonal
For FNL we had 180 pair is bred 11's and 500 entries it took 3 days to complete

Last edited:

That was said about the Royals, Black Toes, Shadows, Breds, Melos too. If you go back to the beginning pages of this thread people said the same thing about these and look now how everyone is scrambling around and nervous.
Black toes didnt have hype, people wanted the 88s that restocked that day

Shadows were a new age "rotting on shelves". I could barely give my pair away for what I paid

Melos were plenty obtainable

These are a completely different beast for whatever reason, and I think that caught a lot off us off guard. I know it did for me. Every single release this year has been more produced then ever before

and the problem

They're trying to make them matter to people who didn't care before :smh:
True, but the people who it never mattered to will never understand the significance of this shoe like how it matters to most of us when we grew up in the era of the GOAT[emoji]128077[/emoji]

looks like these are going to be extremely limited over here in Europe. Either all the usual retailers haven't uploaded them /updated their release-calendars yet or most of them actually won't get them this time. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Man, you guys are the reason these are so hyped...
View media item 1551765View media item 1551766
I think sneakers went on the downhill spiral after they started making it available for everyone too see, updated everyday on social media.. Haha not saying it, needs to be a secret brotherhood or something..[emoji]128516[/emoji] I hope everyone born before the year 1999 gets a pair.. New age "collectors" and wannabe sneaker heads don't deserve a pair....[emoji]128574[/emoji]

The current resale on 1s makes everyone dig for the newest example that might bring them a profit. Noob resellers are born every 1 release.

Correction..[emoji]128548[/emoji] haha wannabe re-seller "sneaker heads".... [emoji]128586[/emoji] lol

That was said about the Royals, Black Toes, Shadows, Breds, Melos too. If you go back to the beginning pages of this thread people said the same thing about these and look now how everyone is scrambling around and nervous.

Only Royals and Black and Reds were hard to get

I never took any business classes but I think that would be a case of supply exceeding demand. If they want to keep their jobs, the execs at Nike should be thinking 5 steps ahead to make sure that never happens.

Hypothetically if everyone got a pair, demand would drop off to zero and Nike would have to change marketing strategy, slash production numbers or abandon the JB line entirely. Of course this would all be too late at that point and Nike would have already taken a huge blow.
Here is one thing they probably dont teach in business class. Thirst is maintained to keep people drinking. Marketing isnt always about keeping customers happy, its also a tool to trick you into buying again and again and again.

View media item 1551765View media item 1551766
I think sneakers went on the downhill spiral after they started making it available for everyone too see, updated everyday on social media.. Haha not saying it, needs to be a secret brotherhood or something..[emoji]128516[/emoji] I hope everyone born before the year 1999 gets a pair.. New age "collectors" and wannabe sneaker heads don't deserve a pair....[emoji]128574[/emoji]

Sneakers isn't the only thing ruined by social media.

Life as we know it was ruined.

no the unavaliabilty of sneakers aka resellers killed the sneaker game if there was no resellers than everyone would et a air simple

Last edited:
i seen it this weekednd with the bred 11 release u can tell the resellers they have they pin and pad out big glasses skinny jeans and a pair of tiger stripe roshe run and a supreme shirt

i hope true fans of the chicago's get them. im born in 89 and was too young when the 94's drop. chicago 1's are my absolute fav 1s and i've cop them during every non og retro release ever since i have the money to buy sneakers. i have the patent leather 03s and jumpman 2013s. finally they are back in OG form and i would be bummed out if i struck out. no hype here, always been a fan of these.

missed out on lakeside mall. how the hell am i supposed to know gthey will raffle them off if online it doesnt show ticket procedure? SMH

no the unavaliabilty of sneakers aka resellers jilled the sneaker game if there was no resellers than everyone would et a air simple

In this hypothetical world with no resellers, supply would still not meet demand. Nike would not allow it, its not in their best long term interest.

thats bull and u know it resellers dont just buy 1 pair they but 10,20,30, all in men sizes so if they buy 30 how is that not leaving people out

@BayArea23 If you're talking about HOH VF, they only raffled yesterday from 10-6. I'm not sure why they do 1 day raffles when other HOH hold raffles on both days.

missed out on lakeside mall. how the hell am i supposed to know gthey will raffle them off if online it doesnt show ticket procedure? SMH

You didn't send out the ponny express to find out for you?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom