Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Don't even whisper that into the ether for the SBBs. I was hoping to get these to flip for the them....but looks like its about to get a little cra-cra and the goonies will come out.

If I strike out ill pay resell. When I missed on the DSM 1s I copped for 400 cause these kids here are broke and impatient.

I'm shooting for 300 on these 1s

How would Nike profit from canceling the NDC release? The sneaker was going to sell out anyways.  It just puts more street on the other Nike dealers and puts more value for the resellers.  Resellers pocket the extra money that Nike won't get a cut of.

you don't get it. Its not always about the money for Nike/JB.

How would Nike profit from canceling the NDC release? The sneaker was going to sell out anyways.  It just puts more street on the other Nike dealers and puts more value for the resellers.  Resellers pocket the extra money that Nike won't get a cut of.
Because that's what it takes to build demand.  They don't care if the resellers make profit, all they know is that when they choose to release this shoe, they know it's going to instantly sell out even if they produce more pairs. It's the smartest marketing strategy.  They can build demand 100x than it would've been and produce 100,000 more pairs that they know will instantly sell out. They profit more by doing this.

Last edited:

Because that's what it takes to build demand.  They don't care if the resellers make profit, all they know is that when they choose to release this shoe, they know it's going to instantly sell out.  But in the mean time it will build the demand 100x than it would've been.
Are you serious?

You can't be serious.

laugh.gif

you don't get it. Its not always about the money for Nike/JB.

Because that's what it takes to build demand.  They don't care if the resellers make profit, all they know is that when they choose to release this shoe, they know it's going to instantly sell out.  But in the mean time it will build the demand 100x than it would've been.
Nah, I think these already had the huge demand, and will always have the demand down the line as evident during restocks.

I mean you have to maintain hype or things become the norm and kind've plain.

Not saying this was true intentions at all but, in hindsight it's great for the type of market you are appealing too.  You prob. now got anyone who was on the fence about getting these and made them a must have.  There's a story about these that have some relevance to the limited market instead of them just being some nice 1's.

Because that's what it takes to build demand.  They don't care if the resellers make profit, all they know is that when they choose to release this shoe, they know it's going to instantly sell out even if they produce more pairs. It's the smartest marketing strategy.  They can build demand 100x than it would've been and produce 100,000 more pairs that they know will sell out
But...it was gonna instantly sell out ... tomorrow. Nike gets nathan from this type of marketing (this isn't a boutique that needs to shape its brand while building its brand). Nike had a 'slow' year last year and it still had about 50% of the global market (47% nike; 3% converse) share. Nike's biggest issue with that much saturation is convincing the market to stay....hence why this year is all about quality and narrative.

Last edited:

I mean you have to maintain hype or things become the norm and kind've plain.

Not saying this was true intentions at all but, in hindsight it's great for the type of market you are appealing too.  You prob. now got anyone who was on the fence about getting these and made them a must have.  There's a story about these that have some relevance to the limited market instead of them just being some nice 1's.
Aren't these the hype beasts and sheep that everyone here makes fun of?  The hype beasts would have been going for these anyways, seeing them as an OG NA1 color way.

It looked like all sorts of people were going all in for this shoe: hype beasts, OG Heads, AJ1 fanatics, fair-weather Jordan collectors... And that was apparent with everyone trying to pre-order, buy bots, ATCs....

My point is, the demand was already there.

the quality tho...on all 3 pairs really consistent

the glue was pretty damn strong too.....

i got lucky....so i spread the wealth to friends like always

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom