Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
way too old for this. In a way, I'm happy its come to this. At 40, its getting real easy to leave this thing and cop 2-3 releases per year. Shoes i really want and meant something to me 20-30 years ago.

Like these shattered backboards. I have no interest in those. I'll let the youngsters have those.

Can't say I'm happy but I am definitely too old for this. I felt like an idiot driving around for raffles.

I could care less about 99% of sneaker releases these days so I don't buy much anymore as it is. I don't have "connects" because I don't go into stores and drop money year round. it just upsets me off that I can't just get the few pairs a year I want without dealing w all this bs.
Never spent more than $250 on a shoe and I'm not going to start now.

I'm not paying $500, its just the irony that nike wants to be so fair, and in doing so the resell on these shoes goes thru the roof, like paying higher resell is fair. I would have been happy paying my $40 for ATC service. $200 shipped = fair.
Adding to cart is easy though. The problem is you can never checkout. Glad I didnt pay for an ATC.

Last edited:
So my girl was trying to help me score. She turns and shows me an order confirmation. I was pumped. I scroll down and the price is 129.99. She accidentally ordered Blake 1s.
Oh NOOO!! Sorry dude, but I chuckled at that just little lol.

I'm not paying $500, its just the irony that nike wants to be so fair, and in doing so the resell on these shoes goes thru the roof, like paying higher resell is fair. I would have been happy paying my $40 for ATC service. $200 shipped = fair.
there's no correlation, bro.

Yo it dumb discussing how much you should pay for your kicks, Dame Dash said a real man doesn't watch another man's money. If you wanna pay crazy prices for Jordan's let them do that. We can't shift the culture back to what it was with people willing to pay extra for sneakers. Not upset I struck out today $170 saved, and if you are a real sneakerhead anyway you don't need these kicks, you should have plenty to fall back on anyway. This whole race today is all hype.

200.gif

:lol:

So my girl was trying to help me score. She turns and shows me an order confirmation. I was pumped. I scroll down and the price is 129.99. She accidentally ordered Blake 1s.

That's love bro. My girl texted me a confirmation on her GS pair with one of those tongue out emoji

Last edited:
I get the whole resale game is f***ed up. But when you wait 6 months for a shoe to come out. That everybody here said would be a GR/ EASY COP. Come to find out it was not a easy cop. This is my first Jordan pickup for the whole year. The only shoe in the whole 2015 catalog that I wanted. I don't mind paying 350+ for a shoe if I really want it. I work 45+ hours a week and I save and pick and choose on sneaker releases. I don't work hard to window shop. Someone said it above i think people don't like to know they got ripped off. So we justify it anyway we can. Oh eBay the prices are really high on eBay, coping here was cheaper blah blah blah. I do it to , the second I hit confirm payment. I took out a shoe that I have in my closet and posted it for sale on a FB group. If your an adult you find ways to buy what you want. Compromising any way you see fit. What I've been doing is sell one I don't rock anymore , buy a new one. This way high prices , don't cut me so deep.  Don't be mad you spent to much on the other Jordan , nike , Adidas stuff that came out earlier. You have to prioritize and spend accordingly. 

I'll walk for days in my pair. I'm Happy. 

Yo it dumb discussing how much you should pay for your kicks, Dame Dash said a real man doesn't watch another man's money. If you wanna pay crazy prices for Jordan's let them do that. We can't shift the culture back to what it was with people willing to pay extra for sneakers. Not upset I struck out today $170 saved, and if you are a real sneakerhead anyway you don't need these kicks, you should have plenty to fall back on anyway. This whole race today is all hype.
I want dem sneakers doe
View media item 1557257

I stopped reading after that.

mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom