Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
I am still a little shocked at the resell of these already. All I am seeing is $500 or more, I figured It would end up there not start that high. I am glad I jumped on a pair I found for $350 right after missing out on the retail price. 
I knew what it was the day before release date when all the preorder sites move from $320-$400 and ISS waited until release date and put em up at $499 that told me very light stop dont get me wrong there are pairs out there but they are scattered across the country for Ex. You have 100 people lined outside and only 2 full size runs on pairs after inside shadiness

I am still a little shocked at the resell of these already. All I am seeing is $500 or more, I figured It would end up there not start that high. I am glad I jumped on a pair I found for $350 right after missing out on the retail price. 

8+ years of collecting and I just can't see myself doing this much longer....
I agree....things are getting out of hand

NAH, IT'S WAY WORSE TO BE LOSING MONEY ON EVERY PAIR SOLD. NOW THAT'S BAD BUSINESS FOR SURE. OF COURSE, THIS IS NIKETALK AND DUDES ARE GONNA BE CRY BABIES WHEN THEY DON'T GET THEIR PAIR BUT HONESTLY, IF THAT WAS ME, I WOULD OF JUST BEEN UPFRONT AND TOLD EVERYONE THE SITUATION AND THAT I WOULD BE CANCELLING EVERY PAIR, IF THEY STILL WANTED TO PRE-ORDER THEN THEY COULD AT THE HIGHER PRICE. **** OUT OF HERE ON LOSING MONEY ON EVERY PAIR SOLD. ESPECIALLY TO PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW OR OWE ANYTHING TO.

Really??? As much as the seller was looking for him/herself, so is the buyer. It is not just good/bad business, it's principle, especially if it is a gurantee. If I was in that position, I will honsestly honor it and then the other pairs that were not yet sold, I would have raised the price. Yes, I would make less money, but I would not have complaints. Dude was probably being greedy anyways. Now he would most likely lose customers (especially loyal ones that vouch for him).

Really??? As much as the seller was looking for him/herself, so is the buyer. It is not just good/bad business, it's principle, especially if it is a guarantee. If I was in that position, I will honsestly honor it and then the other pairs that were not yet sold, I would have raised the price. Yes, I would make less money, but I would not have complaints. Dude was probably being greedy anyways. Now he would most likely lose customers (especially loyal ones that vouch for him).

I wont F*** with him no more, ok cool they raise the price on you so you just straight up cancel the order? can even work with your customers?

The worst part is that he said that pairs were guaranteed and locked if you have a 250 preorder so he went back on his word, thats the turning point. cant keep your word? You aint no real *****

resell prices in local groups where im at (hk) are insane. i see guys are dishing out $600+

makes some of the 400ish deals on ebay look like a steal.

i would assume the same is happening in other places over here, maybe thats why so many pairs on ebay are going to asia.

Looks like its time to find some fool to give me $250 for my 2013 pair, only wore them 2 or 3 times.

Either way dudes are jumping out the window right now to cop any pair of chicago 1s.

NAH, IT'S WAY WORSE TO BE LOSING MONEY ON EVERY PAIR SOLD. NOW THAT'S BAD BUSINESS FOR SURE. OF COURSE, THIS IS NIKETALK AND DUDES ARE GONNA BE CRY BABIES WHEN THEY DON'T GET THEIR PAIR BUT HONESTLY, IF THAT WAS ME, I WOULD OF JUST BEEN UPFRONT AND TOLD EVERYONE THE SITUATION AND THAT I WOULD BE CANCELLING EVERY PAIR, IF THEY STILL WANTED TO PRE-ORDER THEN THEY COULD AT THE HIGHER PRICE. **** OUT OF HERE ON LOSING MONEY ON EVERY PAIR SOLD. ESPECIALLY TO PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW OR OWE ANYTHING TO.

Really??? As much as the seller was looking for him/herself, so is the buyer. It is not just good/bad business, it's principle, especially if it is a gurantee. If I was in that position, I will honsestly honor it and then the other pairs that were not yet sold, I would have raised the price. Yes, I would make less money, but I would not have complaints. Dude was probably being greedy anyways. Now he would most likely lose customers (especially loyal ones that vouch for him).

To be honest one of the few places someone could get away with this or have this justified is in the resell sneaker realm. If Wal-Mart, GM or any other major known retailer pulled this stunt people would be up in arms so for people to act as if sneaker dudes only "cry" about this practice is a fallacy.

Losing money is bad business. Reneging on your word or an initial sale for your personal gain is even worse business.

But hey people will get away with as much as you allow them to.

"Used to be honor amongst m***** f****** thieves."

Looks like its time to find some fool to give me $250 for my 2013 pair, only wore them 2 or 3 times.

Either way dudes are jumping out the window right now to cop any pair of chicago 1s.
YUP! No NA I would dust them out the collection asap!

You cant even blame resellers on these type of releases, blame the people buying at these prices. I put a extra pair that i won in raffle up on ebay Friday night at $450 thinking it would take a few days to even get a response and they sold in 10 mintues.

so whos gonna cough up that 500 on ebay then send back some beaters and tell pay pal they screwed you over. DAMN IM THINKIN WILD

You're an idiot. Way to make your salty as** sound like a douchebag. I would show up at your front door and would be a scene of this.

View media item 1558821
rocking one pair and throwing the rest in the vault.

Last edited:
You cant even blame resellers on these type of releases, blame the people buying at these prices. I put a extra pair that i won in raffle up on ebay Friday night at $450 thinking it would take a few days to even get a response and they sold in 10 mintues.
pretty sure both are to blame. 

A lot of the buyers are China buyers sending to an international forwarding place. The Chinese market is 1000x more thirsty for these than the US. All but TWO messages (of like 50+) I had on Twitter and IG was from a CN buyer. I've heard the same from other people as well.

Back
Top Bottom