Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

I am still a little shocked at the resell of these already. All I am seeing is $500 or more, I figured It would end up there not start that high. I am glad I jumped on a pair I found for $350 right after missing out on the retail price. 

8+ years of collecting and I just can't see myself doing this much longer....
Glad you were able to buy one pair, $350 tho but it's better than nothing, especially when you see all these crazy folks on ebay

Lol I am guessing you are a 9.5 as well, man I hate having this size in AJ1s, always crazy expensive and hard to find.
I'm a 9 us, on ebay, there are 2 offers from UK in that size,

540 euros and 695 euros, greedy as F....

a guy is even trying to sell the black toe for 630 euros, completely nuts

gonna try end tomorrow, but they'll drop randomly, so i'm pretty F....

hope nike's gonna restock, but it's unlikely

first time i saw that in europe,

still on the hunt for a decent price, but I'm kinda F... right now

resell prices in local groups where im at (hk) are insane. i see guys are dishing out $600+
makes some of the 400ish deals on ebay look like a steal.
i would assume the same is happening in other places over here, maybe thats why so many pairs on ebay are going to asia.

These are going for $800 outside the country in Asian markets. People aren't seeing the trend that all of the shoes size 8-10 are going across seas. Due to many reasons, price is much higher over there due to Nike inflation of recent prices and weak dollar vs. their currency. Demand is also greater. Crazy thing its made in China, imported to US and sent back to China. I know Nike has to see this trend.

Last edited:
The box difference is the most interesting part of the Chicago release (aside from the hype) to me.  Is anyone from Europe able to validate the mens sizes are coming in the 30th anniversary boxes vs the 'OG' boxes?

Last edited:
It is not resellers....it is not the sites.....nor is it any celebs that are the reason for the hype and marked up prices with these. 

If you want to be mad at something.......be mad at what entity, and what system, is causing this: Nike. 

To put it simple, Nike has a specific reason for doing what they do. 

my pair from HOH only came with 1 extra pair of white laces and no red laces.. 
indifferent.gif

These are going for $800 outside the country in Asian markets. People aren't seeing the trend that all of the shoes size 8-10 are going across seas. Due to many reasons, price is much higher over there due to Nike inflation of recent prices and weak dollar vs. their currency. Demand is also greater. Crazy thing its made in China, imported to US and sent back to China. I know Nike has to see this trend.
This

It is not resellers....it is not the sites.....nor is it any celebs that are the reason for the hype and marked up prices with these. 

If you want to be mad at something.......be mad at what entity, and what system, is causing this: Nike. 

I agree with you in some parts of this if Nike restocks this like Bred 11 2012 it would go down for a short time then eventually go back up. Its a never ending lose-lose. Ones haven't sold well for them now they are everyones "Stash and get rich in 2 years" You can't blame them after seeing what Royals and Breds are doing. People are playing it safe in their eyes.

Last edited:

SOUNDS LIKE ROYALS 2.0 REVERSE EFFECT :lol:

Last edited:
Sold my GS pair to some kid. He didn't care much for the shoes as he did for the BOX. He told me to make sure it's in the OG box and not the 30th anniversary box, otherwise he doesn't want them.

Dont panic over these prices everyone when Chi 1's 2015 owners beat there pairs to the ground all you $250 ballers can swoop in and cashout lol... Yes the shoegame is all Eff'd up but at the end of the its all about the money and getting the most out something that holds value and even symbolic as these Chi 1s its been 21yrs for goodness sake since it was seen in its OG form people!!!!! And this was not a gs release becuz know one cared about resellers at all this year period until this release which proves it....

Sold my GS pair to some kid. He didn't care much for the shoes as he did for the BOX. He told me to make sure it's in the OG box and not the 30th anniversary box, otherwise he doesn't want them.
i dont think that he doesnt care for the shoes its just that he knows what he is getting as far as shoes goes and its just trying to make sure he gets the box right.

I think some peope are in denial about the market price saying nothing is gonna move at these prices...

This is over 500 shipped so I wouldn't count on them coming back to the 300s ...this is THE Jordan 1 colorway.
naw, breds are THE Jordan 1 colorway.. much more history behind that one.

But Nike didn't make anyone purchase these shoes for more than $160 plus tax in the US. Some people just NEED to have certain things. And others find a way to capitalize on that NEED.

Dont panic over these prices everyone when Chi 1's 2015 owners beat there pairs to the ground all you $250 ballers can swoop in and cashout lol... Yes the shoegame is all Eff'd up but at the end of the its all about the money and getting the most out something that holds value and even symbolic as these Chi 1s its been 21yrs for goodness sake since it was seen in its OG form people!!!!! And this was not a gs release becuz know one cared about resellers at all this year period until this release which proves it....

In other words supply did not meet the demands

Seen a Asian guy (looks like hes from HK) buying from alot of resellers paying there prices. Resellers thinking there eating, but that dude buying them is probably thinking im going to be feasting. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom