Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Seeing all of these photos with these resellers having all these pairs is annoying, especially when a lot of us couldn't even get one pair.

Man it's becoming who you know not how hard you try in this thang

I learn to create my own luck I can't rely on chance never been a lucky guy hence why I don't gamble.

Quote:

I was out there and there were Police out there... They must have followed him somewhere 
mean.gif
That's why I am always in and out wherever I pick my shoe. Don't know who's who these days. Park close, get in, lock my doors and bounce.

Any of you guys run with friends who aren't into sneakers at all in terms of collecting and all that? It's kind of hard to explain to people how you're part of this when you spend hours every week trying to land a pair for retail, deal with potential violence or at the very least confrontations if you purchase from a store (which I'm sure many of us have seen at in-store lineups or campouts), and if you can't get a pair for retail you're at the mercy of the hype factor that leads to morons setting the market rate for some 1980's shoe at $500 on release day.

If you step back, it's really one of the silliest hobbies out there. I know the only way I can defend it is with "I love the shoes and the competitive and motivational stories and athletes behind the shoe." I'm just sickened with the state of things after this release.

The company made the situation much worse and will never admit their fault in limiting a shoe that should have been produced in quantities like the BC3, IR6, WCIV, BRedIV, Metallic 5's, Hare 7's. They manipulate this model and OG branding and shape to build hype while still delivering iffy quality retros across the board. Yup, billion dollar company, but they like to cut corners now. It's easy to spend very little money on marketing and strategically allocate quality materials and craftsmanship to only small runs of select models and color ways. Some on here see that as "smart" but cutting corners costs you customers in the long run. Eventually what the average consumer spent to get the good product or the amount of mediocre or bad products they own adds up to disappointment.

These bot kings and backdoor dealing resellers are just a byproduct of big chain retail shadiness and minimum wage workers backing it, and Nike's focus on maximizing profits over quality, accessible products. There's a lot of blame to go around, but the predatory nature of all these elements makes it hard to even look at it as a hobby. I can't think of any other hobbies I've had in my life that have so much negativity and filth associated with them.

man, your wound is still fresh
I'm not wounded. It's not about having the shoes, I got a pair on the way. I just think it's time for me to hang it up on this company and their products until they show any willingness to make this a less negative experience for everyone. There's other companies who do a lot of things that are way more beneficial to their customers, even as far as sneaker brands.

Doesn't all the disgusting stuff in this hobby get tired after awhile? Especially if you grew up walking into stores and buying shoes with never a thought that you could be beaten outside a store or have to pay $400 for a pair of mass produced sneakers cause you couldn't get them because of middle men who want to make you pay more? It's bizarre.

Lots of pre-order sites and bulk buyers aren't even getting pairs at retail. Or close some have to throw a 50$-150$ on top of each pair.

That's why they list them so dang high on eBay or command that amount.

If they were all retail pairs they would sell based on volume for some and move all their product with a healthy profit with happy customers due to better resell price and easier sales down the line.

I know some that backdoor but they are paying a premium up front. Ain't no one backdoor pairs Without a cut tho....

since when has Nike released OG's in GR numbers? Waiting so you can spend 700+ in two months? You buy when the markets flooded not when numbers get low.

hahaha you're a fool if you think these will sell for $700 in 2 months. YOU think the market is flooded now when NDC didn't even drop their 500,000 pairs? clown.  Prices will go down after NDC drops it kiddo.

Last edited:
Dude is located in Tampa shouldn't be too hard to find out what store did this. Report the store to Nike. I think Nike wouldn't take this lightly.

If you go to a place where  there is a high chance you might get shot or robbed , to get a pair of shoes .

Collecting shoes is not your main problem.

but T-Mobile is pretty bad though. Can't imagine why anyone would go with them unless it was free from the company plan.

T-Mobile in Michigan is excellent. Always have service and the LTE is lightning fast. No complaints here

I knew these would be a popular release but I had no idea that there would be this much hype behind this pair... damn, going for Shadow and Black/Red money already.

So as I took this picture on Friday night a kid probably in his early 20s stops and says

"Okay I see someone got the new.... Oh they the ones without the Nike Air.... they okay too."

Dude is located in Tampa shouldn't be too hard to find out what store did this. Report the store to Nike. I think Nike wouldn't take this lightly.
if any store in tampa my first guess would be FA or HOH university mall... shady as can be.

You think the market is flooded when NDC didn't even drop their 500,000 pairs? clown.  Prices will go down after NDC releases it kid.

So you're saying Nike will release 500k pairs? You guys never learn and complain when you strike out. Same shi** every time. So two months from now would be great right?

Alright everyone, wait two months in hopes that this happens.

since when has Nike released OG's in GR numbers? Waiting so you can spend 700+ in two months? You buy when the markets flooded not when numbers get low.

hahaha you're a fool if you think these will sell for $700 in 2 months. YOU think the market is flooded now when NDC didn't even drop their 500,000 pairs? clown.  Prices will go down after NDC drops it kiddo.

500,000 pairs what u smoking. Half yall going to strike out anyways half yall couldn't get hares or lows let's be serious

T-Mobile in Michigan is excellent. Always have service and the LTE is lightning fast. No complaints here

100% agree. Also, their unlimited data plan that doesn't slow down when you use 20GB of data. Yeah nuff said

that video was definitely disturbing.

I had an "escape" rout when i went to pick up my shoes from Shiekh in Fox Hills. I had the get away car ready right out front. It was completely harmless though, but you just never know when people gotta eat and feed the family.
that video was definitely disturbing.

I had an "escape" rout when i went to pick up my shoes from Shiekh in Fox Hills. I had the get away car ready right out front. It was completely harmless though, but you just never know when people gotta eat and feed the family.

First release I was nervous about since the Space Jams! Felt like I looking over my shoulder & somebody was following me!!!...lol

Just confirmed with RIF.LA that those are indeed 2013 Chicagos fellas. I was able to cancel my order over the phone. Lesson learned for sure. I will either get impatient and pay reseller tax or wait for NDCs release and press my luck then.

Back
Top Bottom