Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

The article says the video was captured on Friday though... So it was a mugging for sneakers, just not for the Chicago 1s...?
maybe he got a connect..
Whatever the case life > sneakers.

Unfortunate that this still goes on in our society.  I remember there were times my parents were hesitant in getting my brother and I Jordan's back in the 80s-90s because of incidences like these

I can't stand weak *** MFs like this. They know better than to do that crap 1:1. It would be a completely different story; armed or not.

Lol at dude doubting 160jordansdeep... I don't knw dude personally but I do knw dude has been around here for years... Been seein OG post early pickups weeks before release date. Dude got them NY connects... I knw MY post count ain't high but we've been here waaaaaaaay before everyone was posting pharrell in the black Enzo... All the OG niketalkers knw wat I'm talkin bout...

thank you too sir

so you went from a more expensive carrier to a cheaper one? Hmmmm...seems like you were complaining about the cost of service...I thought your wages went up..so you should have been able to afford it.

Yeah let's not get in to wages, don't think you want to go that route. I don't complain about costs, it was more of a service issue with the data plan and T-Mobile has a better data unlimited plan. Do your homework.

Last edited:
We got cats taking shots at other people cell phone carrier now?
roll.gif
attacking logic.

if the media ever wanted to have the biggest story ever do the following:

have a white off duty cop go in and purchase Jordans... if the robbery goes down like it did in the video posted FOXNEWS/CNN would have a 24/7 story to run

I can see NDC experimenting on a couple of releases before they put the Chicago 1s back online.

Remember when the countdown timer first appeared? Think it was for the Kobe 9 Philippines, which was right before the AJ6 Carmines I believe.  

Everyone was confused with that timer thing, just ask MexicanSneakerHead!

EDIT: Then people wised up, got used to it process and tried to find ways to exploit it.  Nike should constantly change up the process in order to keep those trying to exploit the systems on their heels.

Yeah one can only dream of a NDC release going smoothly. I mean the opportunity to create mass confusion among the sneaker community for them is appalling (T.I. voice)

Any of you guys run with friends who aren't into sneakers at all in terms of collecting and all that? It's kind of hard to explain to people how you're part of this when you spend hours every week trying to land a pair for retail, deal with potential violence or at the very least confrontations if you purchase from a store (which I'm sure many of us have seen at in-store lineups or campouts), and if you can't get a pair for retail you're at the mercy of the hype factor that leads to morons setting the market rate for some 1980's shoe at $500 on release day.

If you step back, it's really one of the silliest hobbies out there. I know the only way I can defend it is with "I love the shoes and the competitive and motivational stories and athletes behind the shoe." I'm just sickened with the state of things after this release.

The company made the situation much worse and will never admit their fault in limiting a shoe that should have been produced in quantities like the BC3, IR6, WCIV, BRedIV, Metallic 5's, Hare 7's. They manipulate this model and OG branding and shape to build hype while still delivering iffy quality retros across the board. Yup, billion dollar company, but they like to cut corners now. It's easy to spend very little money on marketing and strategically allocate quality materials and craftsmanship to only small runs of select models and color ways. Some on here see that as "smart" but cutting corners costs you customers in the long run. Eventually what the average consumer spent to get the good product or the amount of mediocre or bad products they own adds up to disappointment.

These bot kings and backdoor dealing resellers are just a byproduct of big chain retail shadiness and minimum wage workers backing it, and Nike's focus on maximizing profits over quality, accessible products. There's a lot of blame to go around, but the predatory nature of all these elements makes it hard to even look at it as a hobby. I can't think of any other hobbies I've had in my life that have so much negativity and filth associated with them.

man, your wound is still fresh

About to be the Oreo 4 thread when dude posted his bank statement after his refund check hit. Lmao

Had like 7000 in checking and 300 in savings

Boss status

but T-Mobile is pretty bad though. Can't imagine why anyone would go with them unless it was free from the company plan.

Back
Top Bottom