Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
sizes loading now. 
nerd.gif

End won't sell out in store because of their location, they're in a part of England where that sort of shoe isn't popular and most people from other cities won't travel too due to the distance.

They don't do phone orders so some people will actually travel and spend the day there, but Newcastle isn't exactly the greatest place to visit.

Last edited:
End won't sell out in store because of their location, they're in a part of England where that sort of shoe isn't popular and most people from other cities won't travel too due to the distance.

They don't do phone orders so some people will actually travel and spend the day there, but Newcastle isn't exactly the greatest place to visit.
resellers would travel to the antarctic to get the for retail, i doubt a boring part of England would deter them

sales rep at end said even if they are launching them online (which i think highly unlikely), the launch wont be today.

Honestly that's what the atc services get. Sure it's unfair for team manual but oh well. All the online retailers should develop a unique code like for the snkrs app. And randomly send those out to consumers. Like an online raffle then you have to enter that code to purchase the shoe. What else is a fair option?
Somebody else on NT mentioned something similar to this idea: 

Nike should just do the raffling themselves. On the Tuesday and/or Wednesday before a release, Nike should tweet a page for the shoe where you enter your shipping and billing info and agree to have your CC charged if selected. Yeah traffic on that page will be bad but you should be able to get in to enter your info sometime within that 24 and/or 48 hour period. Any entries with duplicate CCs, names, or addresses should be automatically removed without giving notice as to why it was removed. Unfortunately, it would then be 1 shoe per household but it would force resellers to have to recruit tons of people if they wanted to win a FSR. While it won't stop resellers who win a pair or two, it should stop ATC resellers who are currently guaranteeing a FSR online. Then on Saturday morning, Nike should run the raffle and send out confirmation emails to the people that won and "sorry, better luck next time raffles" to the people that didn't. 

It would be pretty unpopular but they could even take it a step further and give the people who missed out on the previous release a slightly better chance of winning the next raffle. Its far from perfect but it would at least take away the advantage that bots have. 

Nike should just do the raffling themselves. On the Tuesday and/or Wednesday before a release, Nike should tweet a page for the shoe where you enter your shipping and billing info and agree to have your CC charged if selected. Yeah traffic on that page will be bad but you should be able to get in to enter your info sometime within that 24 and/or 48 hour period. Any entries with duplicate CCs, names, or addresses should be automatically removed without giving notice as to why it was removed. Unfortunately, it would then be 1 shoe per household but it would force resellers to have to recruit tons of people if they wanted to win a FSR. While it won't stop resellers who win a pair or two, it should stop ATC resellers who are currently guaranteeing a FSR online. Then on Saturday morning, Nike should run the raffle and send out confirmation emails to the people that won and "sorry, better luck next time raffles" to the people that didn't. 

It would be pretty unpopular but they could even take it a step further and give the people who missed out on the previous release a slightly better chance of winning the next raffle. Its far from perfect but it would at least take away the advantage that bots have. 

While this would be practical, I doubt they will do it.

While this would be practical, I doubt they will do it.

Amazing idea.

Honestly would love for Nike to do that.

-Drew

you guys are assuming that everyone should be put on a level playing field with an online raffle. thats dangerous. are there bots? yes, but that doesnt mean that the person who is religious about clicking the link immediately should be on the same playing field as someone who doesnt even know what time they release online (even though the information is there).

you guys are assuming that everyone should be put on a level playing field with an online raffle. thats dangerous. are there bots? yes, but that doesnt mean that the person who is religious about clicking the link immediately should be on the same playing field as someone who doesnt even know what time they release online (even though the information is there).

Everyone has the right to every single pair of sneakers released as the next person

Looking at it any different is absurd...

:lol:

You can't be serious

to be honest the only thing that would make sense is to make something like an online preorder for a limited time (one day, one week or whatever) and sell the shoes to people who preordered. Just like every other industry does. It would make more money for JB without removing the allure of stuff being 'limited' that draws collectors in.

Everyone has the right to every single pair of sneakers released as the next person

laugh.gif

You can't be serious
serious as cancer. the person who wakes up for the release and willingly tries, deserves the shoe more than the person who just threw their name in but doesnt want it badly enough to wake up and actually try for the shoe.

just a thought i had. don't take it as me being balls to the wall against an online raffle.

Last edited:

You can't be serious

serious as cancer. the person who wakes up for the release and willingly tries, deserves the shoe more than the person who just threw their name in but doesnt want it badly enough to wake up and actually try for the shoe.
The person who camps for 3 days and convinces their family to join them deserves it more than someone who just wakes up and tries for it.

Last edited:

I understand what you're saying but realistically there is nothing that can be done about that

Whether you were buying Jordans in 85 or just started this year, everyone has the same right to the product being released

You can't be serious

I feel like with that that kind of logic, you're generally saying that the resellers that put in the work to get multiple pairs deserve the sneakers than an average consumer that just wants one to wear.

-Drew

I feel like with that that kind of logic, you're generally saying that the resellers that put in the work to get multiple pairs deserve the sneakers than an average consumer that just wants one to wear.

-Drew
yeah thats what im saying. but i also see your point too.

Back
Top Bottom