Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Fam 
roll.gif

Every store needs to go back to FCFS. Raffles leave too many cases where someone gets four pairs and others get zero. Many people enter these raffles with no intention of reselling but end up with four pairs by chance and decide to sell three because they can't turn down the money. This drives up the prices just as much as people who intentionally get as many pairs as they can to resell.

And you don't think it would happen with FCFS?

Don't know about shiekhs. Certain stores I seem to win from on a consistent basis. But there are 3 shiekhs stores I have never won from and have entered in these stores every release.

That's cause you have multiple people entering 100+ emails as opposed to you 1 lol

For the first time ever, I walked into a shiekh looking for a code and they wouldn't give it to me. If I wanted to enter the raffle I needed to enter it on their cpu system in store and it was a single entry per person

That was the best solution I've seen yet imo

I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE NORM? THERE'S PEEPS ONLY ENTERING 1 EMAIL? :lol:

NO WONDER THEY AREN'T WINNING.

In Japan, Nike stores are guaranteed to do raffles for the limited releases.  Tickets are given out between 11am to 8pm on Saturday.  You have to submit your name, valid phone number and address to get the ticket.  Winners are picked once the store is closed and a postcard is sent by Nike to the winners by Monday morning notifying them to pick up the shoes.  This is a fair system but the flaw is there are tons of people that are being paid to stand in line to get tickets for resellers.

Stores like Atmos and Mita have a slightly better system.  They let everyone know via social media that you have to wear a piece of Atmos or Mita clothing or Jordan 1s (it varies with each release) in order to get a raffle ticket. You have to be in line by 7:30 am Saturday morning.  No chairs, holding places, etc.  Physically in line.  Staff comes and ensures no one comes and lines up after that time.  Then they kick everyone out that isn't wearing what was specified.  Raffle is held that morning and winners walk out with their new shoes.  I like this method better because it eliminates a lot of the people that are paid to stand in line.

I really feel for you guys in the US.  People rarely cut here.  No fights.  Everything is pretty orderly.

Nah I do understand

But with that logic what's the point of NT? Last time I checked, this site was all about helping the community

Money turned most peeps on this site into straight savages

Guess this means since I went out of my way to get multiple pairs, I shouldn't oop any nters because I wanted the sneaker more than them?

Get out of here with that nonsense

If you don't want peeps to see info then don't post

Simple as that
THIS!!!!!!

Now I know who y'all are :nerd:

Last edited:
Every store needs to go back to FCFS. Raffles leave too many cases where someone gets four pairs and others get zero. Many people enter these raffles with no intention of reselling but end up with four pairs by chance and decide to sell three because they can't turn down the money. This drives up the prices just as much as people who intentionally get as many pairs as they can to resell.
Liability issue.

but raffle bring out the shadyness from the employees.

lol over 2000+ posts since I left my job PC on saturday. The hurt is that real? Why are yall arguing about dudes with multiples, oops etc. NT is different now. Sneakers are different. I didn't get the kicks but I enjoyed my weekend and I saved $160 plus tax. Thread should be dead until Nike, if they do, announce their release on NDC.

In Japan, Nike stores are guaranteed to do raffles for the limited releases.  Tickets are given out between 11am to 8pm on Saturday.  You have to submit your name, valid phone number and address to get the ticket.  Winners are picked once the store is closed and a postcard is sent by Nike to the winners by Monday morning notifying them to pick up the shoes.  This is a fair system but the flaw is there are tons of people that are being paid to stand in line to get tickets for resellers.

Stores like Atmos and Mita have a slightly better system.  They let everyone know via social media that you have to wear a piece of Atmos or Mita clothing or Jordan 1s (it varies with each release) in order to get a raffle ticket. You have to be in line by 7:30 am Saturday morning.  No chairs, holding places, etc.  Physically in line.  Staff comes and ensures no one comes and lines up after that time.  Then they kick everyone out that isn't wearing what was specified.  Raffle is held that morning and winners walk out with their new shoes.  I like this method better because it eliminates a lot of the people that are paid to stand in line.

I really feel for you guys in the US.  People rarely cut here.  No fights.  Everything is pretty orderly.
I like the system that Atmos and Mita use. That is creative and would probably eliminate some of this foolishness. I think all online raffles should use the Snkrs app format. All entries should be linked to a card or bank account. None of the dumb make a thousand email addresses *******it. No one has that many bank accounts and most people probably don't want to give that kind of information to someone.

Fcfs or in store raffle for in store launches and an automated online raffle for online releases would be the best ways to handle a release.

You can only be in one place at a time.

The problem with FCFS were the problems occurring from it and also people camping out isn't a good look for malls and other stores.

They had 150+ people lined up for hares at a FCFS location here.

That requires additional security and police. Who pays for that?

Online raffle works in my book, tied to IP tho. Avoid mad enteries at one shop and saves me gas going to the store.

Resellers do pay people to line up you know. Shoot I can get a crackhead by my crib probably to line up for $20.

I didn't say it would completely solve the problem but it would make it better. We will never stop the career resellers but we can stop the casual guy who enters raffles and ends up with four pairs and sells them instead of not picking them up or helping someone out. Having a reseller pay someone to stand in line does reduce their profit though and will discourage some.

Online raffle works in my book, tied to IP tho. Avoid mad enteries at one shop and saves me gas going to the store.
just like ftl did for the yeezy 1s, except for the online pairs. Also bait does the online raffles for their online launches

You can only be in one place at a time.

The problem with FCFS were the problems occurring from it and also people camping out isn't a good look for malls and other stores.

They had 150+ people lined up for hares at a FCFS location here.

That requires additional security and police. Who pays for that?

PEOPLE FORGET SO QUICKLY. NOT LONG AGO FCFS WAS LOATHED. THAT'S HOW RAFFLES EVEN CAME ABOUT. NOW WE HAVE COME FULL CIRCLE. RAFFLES ARE THE DEVIL NOW.

I'VE ALWAYS HATED THE IDEA OF RAFFLES. THERE IS NO VISIBILITY AT ALL. YOU DRIVE AROUND TO GET ALL THESE TICKETS, WITH NO CONFIRMATION THAT YOUR TICKET WAS EVEN IN THE POT OR IF THERE WAS A POT AT ALL IN THE FIRST PLACE.

PROXIES. NUFF SAID.

The best way to do it would be an online raffle that is based on store loyalty. The more you buy from a store, the more credits you accumulate and it gives you more chance with the raffle. This could stop people from using multiple accounts because it would be a benefit to build up points on a single account. There would be nothing wrong with stores who reward people for buying attire and shoes other than just limited releases.

I've also had a Shiekh store always make you enter your raffle through their computer. They will not give you the code. Best way to handle the situation in my opinion. Ive won multiple pairs from that store as well.

Back
Top Bottom