Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Remember when J's would retro 1 model a year it seemed.

New mold for breds and royals will be soon. Stocks will rise

I was down to buy. One dude said he only did Western Union, but most said they had multiple 11.5s and were chatting back and forth til I asked for a receipt. I figured it isn't a crazy ask since they have nothing to lose and I don't want to buy based off a non-tagged pic, but they all flaked.
oh ok got you. The Western union one was no bueno and as for the others who knows. Either they were trying to pull a fast one or just didn't want to give up that receipt.

It's possible hype can die for a NA 1

Hype wasn't always there, so I'm sure they'll do what they got to do to have it stay afloat.
So out of Breds, Royals, Shadows, Frags....which of these has lost hype?
Hype for 2001  pairs was this crazy? Did anyone of those pairs you mention ever hit the sales rack?

Last edited:
oh ok got you. The Western union one was no bueno and as for the others who knows. Either they were trying to pull a fast one or just didn't want to give up that receipt.

I wouldn't put it past them to try to sell quick though in all honesty, but I'm not throwing money blindly at somebody I found online because they have what I want. Can't be getting catfished out here over some damn Jordans lol

750 USD for a pair of Jordans.

I don't think the idea would ever even cross my mind.

Not worth the investment.

-Drew

Yeah, me neither. I just can't understand why they would buy at such prices now when there's still a chance that they can cop when NDC finally releases it in 3 months or so. Even if they can't get it for retail then, surely the resell price would become lower given that there's a boost in the supply on the market.

wishful thinking and flawed logic. there won't be many pairs released on ndc, u can count on that. ndc will be folks' last chance at retail. once the majority fails on that release, prices will really start to skyrocket then bc that means all the retail pairs are officially done. we all know what will happen next... slowly these will start to dry up on the bay and then BOOM! point of no return like royals and breds.

I wouldn't put it past them to try to sell quick though in all honesty, but I'm not throwing money blindly at somebody I found online because they have what I want. Can't be getting catfished out here over some damn Jordans lol
yea I feel you, and there are a lot of fakes on 1s so I can see why some would like a receipt

Hype for 2001  pairs was this crazy? Did anyone of those pairs you mention ever hit the sales rack?
No it wasn't but we both should've been more specific, all the OG1s I've mentioned haven't had any decline in hype, and those are the only ones that are hyped

This is the cyber age, Personal accounts get hacked,Identies get stolen, an bots will be used,once it's online don't think its really a way to stop the unfair system, but Nike is a multi billion $ company u think they would find a better way an not wait till last min to cancel such a big release, will making more shoes solve the problem? maybe.. It's a start, but it will always be unfiar people an systems to get around these hype release unless they come up with a full proof plan, if there is such a thing.View media item 1560575

How do ATCs cost Nike money? Are they somehow losing sales because of them? I don't get it.
I have a wild theory on this. My guess is that Nike has somehow quantified the negative effect of customers paying resale on their "other" product sales. Here is a simplified example.

Customer A misses out on the Chicago 1 release on NDC due to bots. Customer A still really wants a pair so he ends up paying $460 resale for a pair, a $300 profit going straight to the reseller.

Customer B is able to snag a pair of Chicago 1s on NDC. He now has $300 more in disposable income than Customer A. There's a chance he just takes that $300 he saved and he puts it in the bank. But there's also a chance that Customer B uses some of that extra money to buy more Nike products (aka more money going into Nike's pockets rather than resellers).

Like I said, this is a very simplified example. But Nike is a very analytical company so it's possible, with all the data they've gathered over the past years, that they've begun to quantify the negative effect of resellers on their bottom line. And if you think about it, the Chicago 1s are an excellent release to test this theory due to the high resale prices we're seeing.

Man all these people with multiple pairs. I just really really really want one 7.5. Somebody please help me.:frown:

How do ATCs cost Nike money? Are they somehow losing sales because of them? I don't get it.

On the server side. And long term buyer satisfaction.
Bred release tied up their site for 4 hours. The traffic proxies are brining to their site all at once is cause for concern

MAKE MORE PEARS
Seriously!! If the market is flooded than the demand and insane pricing wouldn't be there.
It's a business why are they gonna make more pairs? The high demand keeps people wanting Jordan's and they are a billion dollar company. Nike isn't in the business to kill resellers. Why risk making more that may potentially sit on shelves?
They would make more pairs to sell more pairs and make more money. 25k pairs extra is more money even if 5k pairs sit and go on sale. Retailers take that loss not Nike.

Actually there is, Nike could require a Social Security number to be tied to your NDC account to confirm it's an actual individual and not a randomly generated ATC cart account.  This would eliminate most ATC services and people using bots to cart multiple pairs - giving others a more fair chance at copping a single pair for themselves.   Considering the lengths people would go to cop a pair of sneakers, I bet most people would give up their SSN without a second thought.  A SSN can be easily verified and I doubt ATC services and resellers would resort to using fake SSNs.  
Strong username to post ratio

Why does everyone think NIKE is supposed to care about you? NIKE is a corporation and they're in it to make money. Now, I think what they've done with making sure consumers have more than enough chances to buy Jordan's/NIKES should say a lot. Think about this, ATC/BOTS services have taken away from the experience of buying shoes online. You can NIKE added to that hype by releasing limited shoes but hell the same thing was being done 5-10 years ago and no one cared. I've been able to grab most of the releases I've wanted with out ATC/BOTS and if I miss, i move on if I can't find that shoe for a decent price!!! With consumers, we will never be satisfied and always find something to complain about. I've been fortunate with my shoes, I haven't had the quality issues or other things everyone complains about. I also feel as if NIKE doesn't owe me anything for buying there product.
Appreciate the fact that the release was canceled because they're trying to make sure the consumer can have a better experience purchasing online and minimizing the use of thise services. The writing has been on the wall for a while and don't be surprised when others follow suit.

is it just my pairs or do others have tumbled leather on the toe box. 2 of my pairs have it on the left toe box but not the right

Last edited:
i personally like the current raffle system. it just means u have to build relationships, which apparently is harder for some than others.
Every store needs to go back to FCFS. Raffles leave too many cases where someone gets four pairs and others get zero. Many people enter these raffles with no intention of reselling but end up with four pairs by chance and decide to sell three because they can't turn down the money. This drives up the prices just as much as people who intentionally get as many pairs as they can to resell.

definitely NOT! that means camping for hours and in certain cases days and that is NOT an option. i have a family. i can see kids camping, but i already been there and done that. no more. i'm happy to know that pretty much fcfs is all but done in most places. it turns into a zoo. for instance, mondawmin used to have to hire the baltimore police dept. for releases. they don't wanna pay for that. not happening and that makes me happy.

u have to network now, plain and simple. if u can't do that, then u have to depend on the luck of the draw (pun intended)

Back
Top Bottom