Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

NDC says they cancelled this release specifically because of bots. Power resellers that use bots to stack inventory are a threat to their long term customer base. Nike produces below demand for very specific reasons. One is so that they can continue to  drive their price point. Another is so when you miss on a popular release you're likely to spend that money you didn't use on some of their other products. They try to do both without losing customers. If someone spends $400 for a product NDC sold at $170 there is a little chance they're hitting up NDC for matching shorts or the next week's release. Negative customer experience costs customers. It's business 101. 
Exactly. If I had to pay resale on the Hare 7s, I would not have bought the matching socks. And if I had to pay resale on the Chicago 1s, no way in hell am I going to buy the Pro Star 5s this weekend. I'm sure this is the case for many customers

Overall this release sucked. I was able to get not my size so now I have to deal with the resale headaches but at least I got one. Good luck to all still hunting and I really hope the nike release is somewhat fair when that time comes.
You didn't have to deal with anything, you missed out, could of just took the L, this thought process will keep those resell prices high.

Not a personal attack because you aren't the only person who feels like you "have" to deal with resale headaches. But the release did suck but ok we just move on, there are other dope J's out there.

I'm reading all of this and everything seems so onesided. You have all the people who got their pairs saying Nike wont produce anymore pairs etc and you have the people who dont have pairs saying to produce more. Its a neverending story. I'm going to honestly say I wish Nike would make more. Flood the market with the OG pairs that Mike originally wore so I can get a fair chance at owning these for retail. I for one if I had the chance would have doubled up for retail but not for $400. See Nike if you produce more I will buy more. Plain and simple IMO.

End won't sell out in store because of their location, they're in a part of England where that sort of shoe isn't popular and most people from other cities won't travel too due to the distance.

They don't do phone orders so some people will actually travel and spend the day there, but Newcastle isn't exactly the greatest place to visit.
resellers would travel to the antarctic to get the for retail, i doubt a boring part of England would deter them
Well in the UK we're not as thirsty to sell sneakers as in the US so that point is irrelevant.

Last edited:
I'm reading all of this and everything seems so onesided. You have all the people who got their pairs saying Nike wont produce anymore pairs etc and you have the people who dont have pairs saying to produce more. Its a neverending story. I'm going to honestly say I wish Nike would make more. Flood the market with the OG pairs that Mike originally wore so I can get a fair chance at owning these for retail. I for one if I had the chance would have doubled up for retail but not for $400. See Nike if you produce more I will buy more. Plain and simple IMO.
They do flood the market with OG models Mike wore.... just not 1's. I give it a 1% chance of them making more. Dudes were saying the same thing about the Royals and it never happened.

Some really good points this morning.  I agree that when Nike sees one of their consumers spend $400 with a reseller for a $160 shoe they see that $240 of future sales being taken away from them.  

Also, the uppers at Nike must be pissed that they can't release a shoe on their own site.  Remember when Nike sells through an outlet like Foot Locker, they only make their wholesale profit, but when they sell through NDC they double that and it goes right into their coffers.  

I have to also think it doesn't please them to not be able to launch a heritage product because the IT department can't get it together.  Nike is on the frontlines of the future of retail.  Sure, it's just shoes today, but I wonder what happens in 30 years when we as consumers have to buy other more essential products online (think bottled water) and this bot situation hasn't been figured out.  Then the thirst will be real.  

I'll just agree to disagree.  If you don't know about Coach just look at Ferrari.  They'll build 2,000 cars and sell all of them.   If you walk into a Ferrari dealership you will not see 1 new Ferrari on the lot for sale. There are 5 year waiting lists.  

Ferrari could easily make 20,000 cars and there are more than enough people that would buy them.  But it would cheapen their brand if you saw one on every corner like a Honda Civic.

Yes. I'm comparing a $300,000 car with $200 sneakers.  But it's capitalism and it's all the same principles.     

But it's not. Stop comparing apples to oranges.

Nike released over 600k pairs of breds and it did nothing but raise stock prices.

You didn't have to deal with anything, you missed out, could of just took the L, this thought process will keep those resell prices high.

Not a personal attack because you aren't the only person who feels like you "have" to deal with resale headaches. But the release did suck but ok we just move on, there are other dope J's out there.

I just wanna wear the shoes in my size is all.

I'll just agree to disagree.  If you don't know about Coach just look at Ferrari.  They'll build 2,000 cars and sell all of them.   If you walk into a Ferrari dealership you will not see 1 new Ferrari on the lot for sale. There are 5 year waiting lists.  

Ferrari could easily make 20,000 cars and there are more than enough people that would buy them.  But it would cheapen their brand if you saw one on every corner like a Honda Civic.

Yes. I'm comparing a $300,000 car with $200 sneakers.  But it's capitalism and it's all the same principles.     

I agree, Chanel, Hermes and a lot of other brands do this. You walk in and ask for a product and they are sold out and there is a waiting list. Some people have been on for a year. Mass production does put less value on brand & product. People want what others don't have or can't get.

However, they will still have GR's that will sell out due to limited releases like these because people missed out. Smart on their part but sucks for many. Then people forget and get over it and they do it all over again.

Last edited:

Nike released over 600k pairs of breds and it did nothing but raise stock prices.
And comparing Breds to ones is ALSO apples to oranges.  Extra breds aren't going to sit on shelves.   Everyone and their Mom's recognizes XI's    

1's just might sit on shelves if they make too many.  

Do you think any part of the Air Jordan 1 manufacturing process would have stopped them from making 600k pairs?

Last edited:
I heard from someone thats usually dead on when they have a restock and what sizes and everything why they actually pulled the release.

Apparently there was some type of hole in their system that has always been there that allowed folks to have the shoes in cart a short time after they loaded the sizes to their website.

It sounds believable because i always see someone on twitter with info about restocks and such because they run some type of program that shows what sizes of certain product numbers were loaded to NDC.

ive also seen them go back and forth about what is and what isnt on the website because nike will load sizes, then take them off. (or something like hat.

Dont take this as the actual reason, because i dont know and it could be all BS, but with the way royals and breds go for hundreds more than retail, i can see folks that know about the exploit getting greedy and taking advantage of it and causing nike to take steps such as this.

And comparing Breds to ones is ALSO apples to oranges.  Extra breds aren't going to sit on shelves.   Everyone and their Mom's recognizes XI's  

Do you think any part of the Air Jordan 1 manufacturing process would have stopped them from making 600k pairs?
No X1's resell for the price of 1's they won't sit just if they make more.

For further proof that limited supply is crucial, look at the PE series (Westbrook, Griffin and CP3) and all the primary color mids that just sit on shelves.  

I heard from someone thats usually dead on when they have a restock and what sizes and everything why they actually pulled the release.

Apparently there was some type of hole in their system that has always been there that allowed folks to have the shoes in cart a short time after they loaded the sizes to their website.

It sounds believable because i always see someone on twitter with info about restocks and such because they run some type of program that shows what sizes of certain product numbers were loaded to NDC.

ive also seen them go back and forth about what is and what isnt on the website because nike will load sizes, then take them off. (or something like hat.

Dont take this as the actual reason, because i dont know and it could be all BS, but with the way royals and breds go for hundreds more than retail, i can see folks that know about the exploit getting greedy and taking advantage of it and causing nike to take steps such as this.
Sounds like you're talking about the BD method. That only works on general releases without a countdown. As for the sizes being loaded, that's just people being able to read their inventory loaded on the server.

Comparing shoes to shoes is apples to oranges?

Ok. I can't with you. Just cant

Sounds like you're talking about the BD method. That only works on general releases without a countdown. As for the sizes being loaded, that's just people being able to read their inventory loaded on the server.
Gotcha.

The entire thing doesnt seem too far fetched. Ive remember hearing awhile back about people having pairs in cart on footlocker before the timer went down. (or it may have been finish line).

Comparing shoes to shoes is apples to oranges?

Ok. I can't with you. Just cant
Then don't.

Comparing Breds to 1's or any other Jordan is ridiculous in my opinion.  Bred brings out people that would never buy 1's.  People who have never heard or seen 1's as a matter of fact.

When you're deep in this you stop seeing the forest for the trees.  

Last edited:

For further proof that limited supply is crucial, look at the PE series (Westbrook, Griffin and CP3) and all the primary color mids that just sit on shelves.
U comparing that to the demand of a OG colorway from arguably the greatest player of our generation? Another player's varation of a shoe will meet or surpass that of actual player? That makes sense?

Back
Top Bottom