Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
I remember copping the 2007 Air Jordan Black Metallic 5 for $135 in January of that year.

That's one release I always think about. I was in a Foot Locker randomly and the employee saw I was wearing Js and asked if I saw the ones that were coming out the next day. She pulled them out of the back and sold them to me a day early.

Bam so nike just raise the price 500$ a pair and you can give use that sweet zoom 3.0 and bound checks to all ur board members

if Nike raises the price to $500, resellers will just charge $1500 for them. There's no way to win except make everything a mass produced GR with many restocks.

Reselling used to be cool. Now it's just greed.

alp alp my dude and I don't hate him cause he goes about his business fairly.

Before reselling became the "in" thing I was making 50k-60k a year extra selling stores I'd buy out. All it took was me paying. No tips, no extra non-sense.

If I made double I was winning but $50x 50 pairs added up quickly and everyone was happy.

Now you have people willing to shell out 5k for a $245 shoe. I'm not made cause I took advantage of that lol.

I'm not made at the alp resellers. I'm mad at the bribe and atc resellers BUT even more mad at the IG/social media "collectors" who are the real problem IMO.

I'm not mad at the norwaydre norwaydre either. Without reselling he still winning...you should see his arm candy

At the end of the day, must of us eat manually. Nike canceling screwed us.

Last edited:
But if you think about it, if nike was that thoughtful for their customers and being fair, why don't they make more? They made less than half of the amount compare to bred11 lows.

Obviously there is lack of supply which drove up the price to $450-$600 now.

Make more. Simple. Only half of usual foot lockers got the chicagos. Wtf?

this.

like i said the problem starts with nike. i mean why cant they make 200,000 frags? 

nike feeds the hype, more hype = more $$$ for them.
How does hype equal money if there is no product to exchange it for? Are there that many people who go buy the next release just because they couldn't get the last one? The only clear cut options are for Nike to produce more or consumers buy in the aftermarket less.

i think nike shouldnt mess with the production #s.. they make plenty of these..

what they (Nike) needs to do is control the product and who gets it..so that one off dudes, dont get 60 pairs.. thats just ridiculous ..they need to monitor JB accounts....

the main reason we are all in this thread is because of legacy of this shoe.. if you're a fan of the GOAT and one of his most iconic shoes and colorways, the hype will be real

alp alp my dude and I don't hate him cause he goes about his business fairly.

Before reselling became the "in" thing I was making 50k-60k a year extra selling stores I'd buy out. All it took was me paying. No tips, no extra non-sense.

If I made double I was winning but $50x 50 pairs added up quickly and everyone was happy.

Now you have people willing to shell out 5k for a $245 shoe. I'm not made cause I took advantage of that lol.

I'm not made at the alp resellers. I'm mad at the bribe and atc resellers BUT even more mad at the IG/social media "collectors" who are the real problem IMO.

I'm not mad at the norwaydre norwaydre either. Without reselling he still winning...you should see his arm candy

yea I'm not sitting here saying every seller is the top member of society either. There are a lot of scumbag resellers, just like with everything else in life.

@alp my dude and I don't hate him cause he goes about his business fairly.

I'm not mad at the @NorwayDre either. Without reselling he still winning...you should see his arm candy

Ay fam I'm blessed everyday with her.

I don't resell often either, only when its convenient to me, I knew these things would be a problem even before the NDC cancellation and I had the opportunity to pick pairs up so I did what anyone else in this thread would have done, picked em up. However what I'm choosing to do with my extras is not the same as what everyone else would've done. 

End of the day I can't blame resellers. I don't see a difference in someone going the extra length to cop a shoe to resell, or cop the shoe to keep in their closet for 20 years.

I think the issue people have, particular with this release, is that the resale price is higher then what they're comfortable paying. Barcelona Days are sold out and no one is complaining that resellers are charging $40 over retail for them.

I do have an issue with retailers -- Big chains and mom & pops -- that feed into the practice of backdooring, and shady business.

Ay fam I'm blessed everyday with her.

I don't resell often either, only when its convenient to me, I knew these things would be a problem even before the NDC cancellation and I had the opportunity to pick pairs up so I did what anyone else in this thread would have done, picked em up. However what I'm choosing to do with my extras is not the same as what everyone else would've done. 

I'd be calling the kettle black if I complained lol.

I only complain about "trusted" pre order sites shipping UAs and those who cheerlead for them.

My mom and pop hit me with hey we got our concord shipment late, do you want? And boom 90 pairs.

Keep flourishing

I'd be calling the kettle black if I complained lol.

I only complain about "trusted" pre order sites shipping UAs and those who cheerlead for them.

My mom and pop hit me with hey we got our concord shipment late, do you want? And boom 90 pairs.

Keep flourishing
Yea I see you going to war on those dudes haha, can't ever support that, if it's not a 100% certified thing, I'm not touching it. 

GOOD DEAL OR NAH? $400 cash for my big foot 13. And I'm waiting for payment for my textbook sell back total 170,  which should come in next week or so. Technically i'm only paying like 230. and guy said he would meet at the crib. So I save on metrocard lol.  He is 1000% legit from what I've seen. 

REALLY TRYING TO JUSTIFY THIS LMAO. HELP!!!

the solution with reseller problem is very simple. don't buy for 2 months any nike/jordan product. nike will sort it out in a week.

Back
Top Bottom