Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
You can't be afraid. You have to live your life. I've worn my pair to the mall, the movies, and casually walking downtown without any kind of fear or anxiety
That's because you live in Lincoln, NE. Not exactly the thug life ya know.

Ummmm, WRONG. I was born and raised in Omaha. Come visit and I guarantee you'll change your point of view. We've had gangs from California and Chicago here since the early 80's. Don't get it twisted potna

Last edited:

the solution with reseller problem is very simple. don't buy for 2 months any nike/jordan product. nike will sort it out in a week.
Try coordinating that "very simple" solution with a bunch of sneakerheads, hypebeasts, nostalgic fools (such as myself) and thirsty resellers.  

Not so simple.  

Looks like I'm giving up on this drop. Seller that was gonna hook me an 8.5 just read my message, and didn't reply. I did a lot of thinking before going in for the kill, and realized it would be foolish of me to buy the same shoe twice. If I get these i wouldn't get the same hype as i had when 2013s dropped.

Might just settle for FF 1's + 1 pair of Vans and call it off.

Looks like I'm giving up on this drop. Seller that was gonna hook me an 8.5 just read my message, and didn't reply. I did a lot of thinking before going in for the kill, and realized it would be foolish of me to buy the same shoe twice. If I get these i wouldn't get the same hype as i had when 2013s dropped.

Might just settle for FF 1's + 1 pair of Vans and call it off.
 I also wanted a second pair to either rock or stock but damn these resell prices are to crazy. i wouldn't of mind if i got them at retail.

:lol: the word resller is used like an insult in this "community" the hate is hilarious to me, I for one love resellers. Think about it. If everyone bought shoes and kept them all then you would never have a chance at them once they sell out so there is no difference between someone buying 6 pairs to keep and 6 pairs the sell, they are that persons shoes to whatever they so choose... the only one that could ever be a benefit to you is the guy that's selling.
Incorrect. Reseller speculating causes artificial spikes in price due to increased scarcity of the kicks. The timing of resale means there's less pairs on the market at a time- resellers try to hold them until they can maximize profit.

There wouldn't be that many people copping 6 pairs of kicks to wear. And 6 is a small inventory compared to a lot of what we're seeing.

Resellers only help by increasing the amount of deadstock inventory at later dates, and generally if it's a sleeper that falls below retail price on the market later. I've had it help me with copping forgotten collabs, etc (for example, my Packer x Adidas Conductors and my Ronnie Fieg EQTs) .

Mostly it screws people over on hyped releases. Think before you talk, bruh.

Ummmm, WRONG. I was born and raised in Omaha. Come visit and I guarantee you'll change your point of view. We've had gangs from California and Chicago here since the early 80's. Don't get it twisted potna

Forgive them for they not listen to the lord quik.

Omaha is just like compton

Rft. Not nothing to brag about but we're in the crossroads of the dope game, how could we not have any thugs here

Lol horrible comparison-Nike/Apple/Samsung, etc. design/create products that improve my life.. A reseller creates nothing for society.
Those companies that make your life better are FAR worse than any re seller. Those companies drive people to kill themselves and basically die from exhaustion. Flawed logic bro.

Those companies that make your life better are FAR worse than any re seller. Those companies drive people to kill themselves and basically die from exhaustion. Flawed logic bro.
Lol please tell me how companies like Samsung and Apple are driving people to kill themselves

Reselling used to be cool. Now it's just greed.

@alp my dude and I don't hate him cause he goes about his business fairly.

Before reselling became the "in" thing I was making 50k-60k a year extra selling stores I'd buy out. All it took was me paying. No tips, no extra non-sense.

If I made double I was winning but $50x 50 pairs added up quickly and everyone was happy.

Now you have people willing to shell out 5k for a $245 shoe. I'm not made cause I took advantage of that lol.

I'm not made at the alp resellers. I'm mad at the bribe and atc resellers BUT even more mad at the IG/social media "collectors" who are the real problem IMO.

I'm not mad at the @NorwayDre either. Without reselling he still winning...you should see his arm candy

At the end of the day, must of us eat manually. Nike canceling screwed us.
I have a boy who just moved Texas who's driving a Ferrari F430 solely based on his collection, connections, and reselling.   All done while he was on the East Coast.

He's retired from the game now because it became too competitive. He's sold his entire collection and spun his success and the money he made into another business.  

He built his collection when things were still relatively civil.  

Last edited:
Incorrect. Reseller speculating causes artificial spikes in price due to increased scarcity of the kicks. The timing of resale means there's less pairs on the market at a time- resellers try to hold them until they can maximize profit.

There wouldn't be that many people copping 6 pairs of kicks to wear. And 6 is a small inventory compared to a lot of what we're seeing.

Resellers only help by increasing the amount of deadstock inventory at later dates, and generally if it's a sleeper that falls below retail price on the market later. I've had it help me with copping forgotten collabs, etc (for example, my Packer x Adidas Conductors and my Ronnie Fieg EQTs) .

Mostly it screws people over on hyped releases. Think before you talk, bruh.
Screws over cry baby ***** made dudes that think the world is so unfair because they couldn't buy a shoe... if I had the connections to get 30 pairs then I'd take it. Anyone who says they wouldn't capitalize is either stupid or a liar. Resellers are not the problem. Period.

End of the day I can't blame resellers. I don't see a difference in someone going the extra length to cop a shoe to resell, or cop the shoe to keep in their closet for 20 years.

I think the issue people have, particular with this release, is that the resale price is higher then what they're comfortable paying. Barcelona Days are sold out and no one is complaining that resellers are charging $40 over retail for them.

I do have an issue with retailers -- Big chains and mom & pops -- that feed into the practice of backdooring, and shady business.
bots are harder to fix but backdooring is easy. Ban the accounts that have proof of backdooring. There are a lot of accounts patiently waiting for a chance to sell these legitimately.

The bot problem is tougher. It's like asking the cops to stop everyone who speeds.

bots are harder to fix but backdooring is easy. Ban the accounts that have proof of backdooring. There are a lot of accounts patiently waiting for a chance to sell these legitimately.

The bot problem is tougher. It's like asking the cops to stop everyone who speeds.
Bots and other exploits (accessing private API's etc) will never be fixed because there are always programmers who are equally as smart or smarter working on the other side.

I agree that the backdoor problem can be easily fixed.  Look at the strangle hold Apple has on it's distribution channels.  That's how it's done.  

Lol please tell me how companies like Samsung and Apple are driving people to kill themselves
Really? They had to install nets to catch workers from jumping out of the windows to their death. There you go, one example is all you need, you can take it from there.

Back
Top Bottom