Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Seriously. Gettin butthurt over reselling is pointless. Isnt like the whole process started with each 1 release. If you were unlucky enough to get at retail whether nike made 20k or 200k your gonna pay resale. No one is any cooler or part of a serious upstanding community by complaining about it. Im more annoyed by everyone complaining for a month about how Nike screwed em and how resellers are screwin them than having to pay resale myself. We all resell to some degree, its no secret.

R&D and product design 
roll.gif
, you're buying a 30 year old design and colorway
really might be the best post in this thread

resellers are NOTHING without consumers willing to pay the resale prices... if everyone who stuck out took the L and moved on, reselling would be ghost by the end of this summer

/discussion
No that's not the end of discussion.

There are many reasons kids want to buy shoes. Look at how popular and hot these are, so they get desperate and pay ridiculous amounts of money for a shoe.

I can easily afford 10 pairs at resell price, but I'm not going to for the simple fact its ******** that a few people can horde the stock and jack these prices up beyond obscene. $400 for a 1985 shoe? FOH!

I hope Nike makes more pairs and finds more ways to undercut these resellers.

But again this whole argument started with the fact people weren't trying hard enough.

Ya you all can miss me with that ********.

But if you think about it, if nike was that thoughtful for their customers and being fair, why don't they make more? They made less than half of the amount compare to bred11 lows.

Obviously there is lack of supply which drove up the price to $450-$600 now.

Make more. Simple. Only half of usual foot lockers got the chicagos. Wtf?

Thats sounds sweet. Thats probably the only other place that deserves a NT anyway, I definitely dont ever see TX getting one, I'd just be happy with a Nike inline store here in Houston or even Austin, why the hell did they put it in Dallas?
mean.gif

*edit* legit forgot this was the Chicago 1 thread
laugh.gif
My bad i figured all big nike stores were called nike towns.  Being i never been to one you gotta forgive me lol.

But if you think about it, if nike was that thoughtful for their customers and being fair, why don't they make more? They made less than half of the amount compare to bred11 lows.

Obviously there is lack of supply which drove up the price to $450-$600 now.

Make more. Simple. Only half of usual foot lockers got the chicagos. Wtf?
this.

like i said the problem starts with nike. i mean why cant they make 200,000 frags? 

nike feeds the hype, more hype = more $$$ for them.

Once again, nobody is forced to do anything.
From Nike's perspective they are forced to take their money elsewhere to cop cause they don't have it (assuming they want a pair)

So you are wrong. I've already addressed this at length but you don't want to read so...

From Nike's perspective they are forced to take their money elsewhere to cop cause they don't have it (assuming they want a pair)

So you are wrong. I've already addressed this at length but you don't want to read so...
I totally understand what you're saying from Nike's perspective. If they don't want that to happen, work harder on the IT side of things or produce more pairs for their flagship stores.

From the consumer's end? Nobody is forcing them to pay resale except their own thirst for the product.

I entered two raffles (only 2 spots in my area were doing it), tried online AND went to the spots for FCFS.. Still ended up with nothing.

At least when you give money to Nike they reinvest a lot of that into R&D and product design, resellers simply take someone elses work and sell it a higher price. Nike also provides people with jobs and donate to charity-do resellers do this? Maybe but certainly not to the extent Nike does.

I'd gladly give Nike $500 for a pair of these but I wouldn't even give a reseller a squirt of my p*ss if his life depended on it.
I am saying you can't take the moral high ground in this debate.  Its all evil a reseller does less harm than what the larger corporations do let's be real about this. 

Taking Ls is part of being into sneakers. I personally don't think it would be as fun of a hobby if it was easy to get every pair you wanted. The Chis are one of my grails and will continue to be since I missed this release. It was bad timing anyway since they would have been my fourth pair this month. Missing this release gives me something to look forward to and the ability to appreciate what a fellow sneaker guy/girl has. If you could cop every you wanted easily Bobbito would have had to call his book something else.

And be honest with yourself. Frags would have zero appeal if they were readily available.

A reseller is jus a convienance for a lot of people. People have full time jobs and kids and busy lives. They have no problem hittin the reseller, sayin I need this size for this shoeand have it delivered to em on RD for a fee. It is what it is...

this.

like i said the problem starts with nike. i mean why cant they make 200,000 frags? 

nike feeds the hype, more hype = more $$$ for them.

I think they're starting to see that.. Their website crashing, hurts them across the board because the majority of their market is people who have 0 interest in retros (but buy a lot of other Nike products) but can't access their online store because of a hyped release. Not only that but Nike sees $0 from the profit resellers make so they are essentially being hurt both ways here.

A reseller is jus a convienance for a lot of people. People have full time jobs and kids and busy lives. They have no problem hittin the reseller, sayin I need this size for this shoeand have it delivered to em on RD for a fee. It is what it is...

This was unheard of 20 years ago. A full time worker, even with a family, could STILL pick up shoes past RD in store, and Eastbay was around then too. To your point, the game done changed.

Last edited:
Taking Ls is part of being into sneakers. I personally don't think it would be as fun of a hobby if it was easy to get every pair you wanted. The Chis are one of my grails and will continue to be since I missed this release. It was bad timing anyway since they would have been my fourth pair this month. Missing this release gives me something to look forward to and the ability to appreciate what a fellow sneaker guy/girl has. If you could cop every you wanted easily Bobbito would have had to call his book something else.

And be honest with yourself. Frags would have zero appeal if they were readily available.

Yes but back in the day you could put in the work and succeed. Nowadays not only do you have to deal with ATC bots but you ALSO are dealing with rigged raffles and backdoor deals at B&M stores. It went from being somewhat organized to turning into the wild west.

I am saying you can't take the moral high ground in this debate.  Its all evil a reseller does less harm than what the larger corporations do let's be real about this. 

I'm not saying that Nike making less pairs isn't a HUGE part of the problem but at least Nike creates new and interesting products/technologies so I don't mind giving them my money compared to giving it to a reseller who is putting it in his bank account and not actually creating anything.

These dudes all sound like cry babies.  Bro you missed a shoe, so either pay up or move on.  It is what it is, We all created this monster now we gotta deal with it.  There are FARRRR GREATER PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD THAN MISSING AND/OR HAVING TO PAY RESALE FOR A SHOE!!!  There are literally people in this world that have never even seen a Nike shoe EVER, so get all the way out of your FEELS!!!!

View media item 1564225

Yes but back in the day you could put in the work and succeed. Nowadays not only do you have to deal with ATC bots but you ALSO are dealing with rigged raffles and backdoor deals at B&M stores. It went from being somewhat organized to turning into the wild west.

All of this is contributed to Nike's retro appeal, and Nike "accepting" the reseller market craze, and then capitalizing on the interest of other shoes because they deliberately hype them up, and limit production. You can clearly see that Nike allowed this to happen over time to generate interest, and surveyed the reselling market so that it was an easier transition to raise prices on their sneakers.

I remember copping the 2007 Air Jordan Black Metallic 5 for $135 in January of that year. If they dropped again they'd be $190, and possibly more if they allowed a Nike Air on the back heel. Nike should care about seeing their sneakers on the feet of consumers who actually WANT to wear them, instead of instagram pictures of dudes with FSR's and closet collectors. Shoes are meant to be worn, their not mantle pieces, but to each their own.

True indeed! I have no time to camp or hit any stores on a Saturday with a toddler. Responsibilities outweigh the rush, so eBay or FB it is later on if I really want em.

I do miss the days of not having announced release dates and having to call around to local B&M stores to find a size but the internet is here now and it's affected a lot more than just sneaker releases.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom