Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
I wonder if Nike is has a group of people paying attention to how much these and other shoes are going for one the secondary market?

yes, im thinking they might randomly raffle entries from people like kanyes red october release. makes sense

funny that nike actually released those on their site unannounced

What do you mean by that? Like Nike tweeting out they are doing raffles for the Chicagos?

to clarify i meant when kanye was holding the ro raffle entries, there were like 50 supposed winners, and like 1000s maybe 100,000 entries and i guess someone randomly chose winners.

same idea yea nike could theoretically set up some website or mail order system where you submit 1 entry or physically mail your entry (provide a copy of your ssn and driver's license to stop fraud or multiple entries) and then the computer or some human randomly picks names from a machine or something.

to clarify i meant when kanye was holding the ro raffle entries, there were like 50 supposed winners, and like 1000s maybe 100,000 entries and i guess someone randomly chose winners.

same idea yea nike could theoretically set up some website or mail order system where you submit 1 entry or physically mail your entry (provide a copy of your ssn and driver's license to stop fraud or multiple entries) and then the computer or some human randomly picks names from a machine or something.
Oh, it seems fair but I believe it can be exploited easily.

lol imagine multiple people showing up for 1 persons identity?

wth is this stolen identity? or are you guys twins triplets etc?

:lol: autoban from future entries to any nike contest. and its serious when nike bans your ssn and drivers license cause it hard to get a new identity so quickly.

laugh.gif
autoban from future entries to any nike contest. and its serious when nike bans your ssn and drivers license cause it hard to get a new identity so quickly.
They can use relatives and prepaid cards for example. 

:lol: autoban from future entries to any nike contest. and its serious when nike bans your ssn and drivers license cause it hard to get a new identity so quickly.

They can use relatives and prepaid cards for example. 

but if they pick it up at a niketown or nikestore they will have to prove they are that person.

face match name match to driver's license and verify ssn and some other measures. just a preliminary thought

Does flightclub really just keep raising prices until the shoes stop selling? Cause they just keep going up

yea, i got another pair coming in from shoe palace hopefully haha. it sucks that it took me reaching out to kix to initiate a refund a week later. the tracking they gave me never go past pre-shipping which happens sometimes but cmon. they responded my my dm on IG which was appreciated, but imo they should've refunded as soon as they knew they weren't completing the order.
Same here except, I have no orders coming in.

For the inconvenience, they are gonna offer me a discount the next pre-order and free shipping, that's IF I decide to do another pre-order from Kixsquare.

but if they pick it up at a niketown or nikestore they will have to prove they are that person.

face match name match to driver's license and verify ssn and some other measures. just a preliminary thought
What if a person won and they don't have a NikeTown in their state?

Same here except, I have no orders coming in.

For the inconvenience, they are gonna offer me a discount the next pre-order and free shipping, that's IF I decide to do another pre-order from Kixsquare.
oh wow, i didn't even get offered that. they seemed to have come thru for a decent amount of folks i guess, but def won't be my first pick for potential preorders going forward 

What if a person won and they don't have a NikeTown in their state?

good question, then nike would probably create a private site for those that have proven they are a real person with real credentials, that they have won for only 1 pair, and that they would have to submit again their real copy of their ssn and drivers license.

so basically

1) everyone who wants to enter, enter the contest with your real credentials
2) if you win then physically go to the NT and verify and prove with your real credentials and pick up and pay
3) if you win and cant go to a NT, then you email nike or nike is notified and send the person in states where there are no niketowns a special type of password and link where you verify and prove with your real credentials and those people will be allowed to purchase shoes on a special site where there cannot be hacks or bot attacks.

If there are hacks and any oversold pairs then they will be auto canceled because only the real winners can purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
good question, then nike would probably create a private site for those that have proven they are a real person with real credentials, that they have won for only 1 pair, and that they would have to submit again their real copy of their ssn and drivers license.

so basically

2) if you win then physically go to the NT and verify and prove with your real credentials and pick up and pay
3) if you win and cant go to a NT, then you email nike or nike is notified and send the person in states where there are no niketowns a special type of password and link where you verify and prove with your real credentials and those people will be allowed to purchase shoes on a special site where there cannot be hacks or bot attacks.

If there are hacks and any oversold pairs then they will be auto canceled because only the real winners can purchase.
Wouldn't they know there is no a NikeTown in the person state by their information (not trying to say its a bad idea but trying to evaluate it).

Simple. Use the sneaker app to determine human intervention. Upon approval for SNKRS, you get a keychain swipey (grocery store style). In order to buy shoes you must scan that card (app will handle l) on checkout. Require location based services for the app and deny same locations.

Last edited:
doesn't flight club keep charts showing how much shoes have been sold for the last few months? I swear i've seen that. Trying to find it on the site but can't. Any help?

so basically

Wouldn't they know there is no a NikeTown in the person state by their information (not trying to say its a bad idea but trying to evaluate it).

they would only know based on who and where from the states that people are entering from. they can hold this for each continent if they like

so they can assume all entries from ny, cali for example must come in person to buy the shoe and verify and prove etc.

everywhere that doesnt have an nt then they get the password and link and need verification etc.

they would only know based on who and where from the states that people are entering from. they can hold this for each continent if they like

so they can assume all entries from ny, cali for example must come in person to buy the shoe and verify and prove etc.

everywhere that doesnt have an nt then they get the password and link and need verification etc.
Ok, I understand now; that seems alright.

Why hasn't this kid crying about copping the shoes been banned from this thread yet? SMH

I remember I didn't even do anything and got banned from the bred thread
I think you got banned for having too many. Or maybe i got the wrong bred.

Simple. Use the sneaker app to determine human intervention. Upon approval for SNKRS, you get a keychain swipey (grocery store style). In order to buy shoes you must scan that card (app will handle l) on checkout. Require location based services for the app and deny same locations.

it would be cool but this limits the contest to mobile users right

Does flightclub really just keep raising prices until the shoes stop selling? Cause they just keep going up
The only post the lowest price of a given shoe in a given size.  So, when that lowest price shoe sells, the next lowest price appears.  So they aren't really raising prices.  The shoes are either being sold or pulled by the owner.
doesn't flight club keep charts showing how much shoes have been sold for the last few months? I swear i've seen that. Trying to find it on the site but can't. Any help?
They used to a long time ago.  But they pulled that feature a long time ago too.

Last edited:
we've all worn baggy pants back in the day and thought we looked good, but man, those two look like 10 year olds. Look how small their shoes look because of the denim.

Jesus these chicagos arent that serious. Ill bet a 100 that ndc would have had the most of any online retailer on release. If they dont fix the bot problem, you wont have a chance. They might just send them all out to nike stores to drop but no way would there be a yeezy type raffle and never will. People goin after breds and royals suffered the same fates. Ya all are losing touch with reality.

Remember there is a Block member feature that can be used.

It's a beautiful feature. I've had one member of the Jordan 1 thread blocked since the Frag thread and every time I see the white band across my screen I'm thankful I don't have to see another stupid comment wasting bandwidth.

Resellers own NT now man.

It's actually feels that way. I have spurts of checking this thread and other Jordan threads for this reason. I've almost unsubscribed this this thread many times. If it weren't for the discussion of NDC id have been left it b/c almost everything in here feels like a competition.

I wonder if Nike is has a group of people paying attention to how much these and other shoes are going for one the secondary market?

Absolutely. It's good to know how people are reacting to your product.

I agree. Tbh I'm kind of hoping Nike would go back to the old ways of releasing things in store. I know that seems unfair and in some ways it is if a particular store has shady management, but I still thinks it gives people a better chance overall. Online has been a crapshoot for years now. At least you have the option of having personality help you secure in store releases. There really isn't a great solution. Greed has really changed things.

Back
Top Bottom