Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Remember there is a Block member feature that can be used.

It's a beautiful feature. I've had one member of the Jordan 1 thread blocked since the Frag thread and every time I see the white band across my screen I'm thankful I don't have to see another stupid comment wasting bandwidth.

Resellers own NT now man.

It's actually feels that way. I have spurts of checking this thread and other Jordan threads for this reason. I've almost unsubscribed this this thread many times. If it weren't for the discussion of NDC id have been left it b/c almost everything in here feels like a competition.

I wonder if Nike is has a group of people paying attention to how much these and other shoes are going for one the secondary market?

Absolutely. It's good to know how people are reacting to your product.

Oh, it seems fair but I believe it can be exploited easily.

I agree. Tbh I'm kind of hoping Nike would go back to the old ways of releasing things in store. I know that seems unfair and in some ways it is if a particular store has shady management, but I still thinks it gives people a better chance overall. Online has been a crapshoot for years now. At least you have the option of having personality help you secure in store releases. There really isn't a great solution. Greed has really changed things.

i see a real nter when i see one, repped

It really doesnt matter because when something is treated like a gold bar, people will do whatever it takes to attain it at any given level. Shame on nike for having the same stupid webpages forever. They have been compromised for so long its a joke. In store is bad. Way to many hands involved.

Jesus these chicagos arent that serious. Ill bet a 100 that ndc would have had the most of any online retailer on release. If they dont fix the bot problem, you wont have a chance. They might just send them all out to nike stores to drop but no way would there be a yeezy type raffle and never will. People goin after breds and royals suffered the same fates. Ya all are losing touch with reality.
As I said before, it would be unfair to those who don't have a NikeTown in their state.
It's a beautiful feature. I've had one member of the Jordan 1 thread blocked since the Frag thread and every time I see the white band across my screen I'm thankful I don't have to see another stupid comment wasting bandwidth.
It's actually feels that way. I have spurts of checking this thread and other Jordan threads for this reason. I've almost unsubscribed this this thread many times. If it weren't for the discussion of NDC id have been left it b/c almost everything in here feels like a competition.
Absolutely. It's good to know how people are reacting to your product.
I agree. Tbh I'm kind of hoping Nike would go back to the old ways of releasing things in store. I know that seems unfair and in some ways it is if a particular store has shady management, but I still thinks it gives people a better chance overall. Online has been a crapshoot for years now. At least you have the option of having personality help you secure in store releases. There really isn't a great solution. Greed has really changed things.
It really has, this raffle thing has been easily exploited and will only get worst.  

Does flightclub really just keep raising prices until the shoes stop selling? Cause they just keep going up

If anything they just drop them until they sell. Prime example: DSM

Pairs are drying up QUICK. Just look at the number of legit pairs on eBay right now....

Dropping day by day

It really doesnt matter because when something is treated like a gold bar, people will do whatever it takes to attain it at any given level. Shame on nike for having the same stupid webpages forever. They have been compromised for so long its a joke. In store is bad. Way to many hands involved.

True. It really is mostly a lose lose. The people in smaller markets miss out on in store releases UNLESS they find a way to send what they would've placed online to retailers in smaller markets to even out the distribution.

Gonna be a sz13 in the nt buy and sell tomorrow morning.

Sale or trade for black lance mountains or pantone xi. Just a heads up

Jesus these chicagos arent that serious. Ill bet a 100 that ndc would have had the most of any online retailer on release. If they dont fix the bot problem, you wont have a chance. They might just send them all out to nike stores to drop but no way would there be a yeezy type raffle and never will. People goin after breds and royals suffered the same fates. Ya all are losing touch with reality.

true with the breds and royals but for nike to cancel the Chicagos before the release date? wow. nike maybe taking it real right now. lets see cause its one thing to release these randomly, or announced or on twitter only, knowing theres gonna be riots or online hacking, botting, crashing etc. then its another to try to prevent it all in the first place.

doesn't flight club keep charts showing how much shoes have been sold for the last few months? I swear i've seen that. Trying to find it on the site but can't. Any help?

They no longer show past sales on shoes. It's been removed for a long while now.

Just caught up on the last 32 pages of the thread. CRAZY...

1) Happy for those who ate from the Sheikh

2) Glad NDC pulled the launch. The ATCs had gotten to the point where dudes were selling multiple carts per drop. Not shoes, the carts. I mean, 3rd parties were selling the ability to purchase a company's product from the company's own website. That's a broken system.

3) Not sure how Nike can fix it, but I think they should do a straight pre-order. Just before the shoes go into production, they should open pre-orders with the option of in-store pickup at the nearest acct, or via mail if you live more than X miles from such an acct. Close the order window after a couple of days, and produce that #, plus a percentage more for in-store sales on a "launch date."

If not that, what about a swipe-based system online? Rather than clicking when the product page loads, you'd have to drag something with your finger/mouse to access the size selections. I'm no software/web dev, so would that work?

4) FNL or bust for me tomorrow. I live 40 miles from the nearest shop.

good ideas im grave digging up just reading this from 441. like noblekane pointed about the online raffling too, a good idea like already discussed. man niketalk we got great ideas sometimes.

The answer for Nike is preorders, period.

Funnel the distribution through local accounts or direct mail delivery for rural customers, and send an extra amount of pre-determined stock to retailers for a set "release date."

So, if 75k folks preorder, they'll all either be assigned a local retailer at which they'd pick the shoes up or have the pair shipped directly to them like they currently would via NDC. Customer's choice, but if they choose local pickup, they get assigned the shop. That way retailers get their payday, too, along with the potential up-sell (tshirts, socks, etc.).

All current Nike/JB accts would then also receive a set amount of pairs for release day, for all those who held out on pre-sale. But those pairs would cost 10% more, as an incentive to encourage pre-orders.

That way they can manufacture to demand, increase profit, control the hype train and take total ownership of the aftermarket for themselves, all without creating a crazy new system or demanding sensitive personal info (driver's lic #, ssn, etc.) from customers.

Just my thoughts...

good ideas im grave digging up just reading this from 441. like noblekane pointed about the online raffling too, a good idea like already discussed. man niketalk we got great ideas sometimes.

Lol... holy crap that's random that you quote me from days ago while I was writing my last response. WEIRD!

Lol... holy crap that's random that you quote me from days ago while I was writing my last response. WEIRD!

lol im breaking the thread into like three parts

before rd page 440 somethings
during rd 555 somethings
and currently at after rd like 6 700 somethings

during rd 555 somethings

Lol... wait til u get to the RayRay/Air Sakuragi saga from a few nights ago, and how NT'er Instagram put the poor kid in the corner.

It's worth your 45 mins

LOL at thinking Nike wants to manufacture to demand. Once they start doing that, the "gold bar" idea leaves people's minds. Everyone wants to propose scenarios that benefit the true lovers of the shoes who miss out many times, but it isn't realistic to think Nike will move to preorders or that it's beneficial for them to manufacture to demand.

In fact, the AJ 1 and this shoe are the perfect example of Nike not giving a damn about meeting demand. They have gone out of their way to limit this model in order to keep demand high when people strike out on these and haven't had their "fix", thus increasing their likelihood of buying the next release or the next few.

To think Nike wants their product on everyone's feet who want a pair is silliness. They want it competitive. They've tricked dudes into paying luxury prices for cheap, mass produced sneakers. That's powerful stuff for a business, and to put solutions in place that go against that model are unlikely, if not simply a pipe dream.

Last edited:

during rd 555 somethings

Lol... wait til u get to the RayRay/Air Sakuragi saga from a few nights ago, and how NT'er Instagram put the poor kid in the corner.

It's worth your 45 mins

ya i got there and instagram won with his new sensei status :lol: it really went to his head

funny i remember entering the thread like wtf why isnt this thread blown up? next thing i know i cant keep up lol

Last edited by a moderator:
i got some sites i could help with air saku but I dont even know if they legit, i was going back and forth with other members on this one site that has air sakus size but the price although above retail looks too good to be true. idk

Why hasn't this kid crying about copping the shoes been banned from this thread yet? SMH

I remember I didn't even do anything and got banned from the bred thread

You out of all people? Almost half of your numerous posts are about needing something you missed out on and asking for help/favors. You have so many pseudo-buy posts it's ridiculous.

And I'm pretty sure it was because of a different reason. Misleading about a release/posting wrong info or something like that.

LOL at thinking Nike wants to manufacture to demand. Once they start doing that, the "gold bar" idea leaves people's minds. Everyone wants to propose scenarios that benefit the true lovers of the shoes who miss out many times, but it isn't realistic to think Nike will move to preorders or that it's beneficial for them to manufacture to demand.

In fact, the AJ 1 and this shoe are the perfect example of Nike not giving a damn about meeting demand. They have gone out of their way to limit this model in order to keep demand high when people strike out on these and haven't had their "fix", thus increasing their likelihood of buying the next release or the next few.

To think Nike wants their product on everyone's feet who want a pair is silliness. They want it competitive. They've tricked dudes into paying luxury prices for cheap, mass produced sneakers. That's powerful stuff for a business, and to put solutions in place that go against that model are unlikely, if not simply a pipe dream.

The idea of "exclusivity" is really something that only makes a difference for folks like us who pay close attention to the sneaker world, as has been pointed out on numerous occasions by Matt Powell. Lulu Lemon and Under Armor are actually valued better by the Street than Nike, and they certainly don't limit their production.

https://ycharts.com/companies/NKE/valuation

And keep in mind, what we consider "limited" every weekend are re-releases of products that have been around for 30 years now. It's not like they're building hype with new products. Heck, they make their real $$$ off of Air Monarchs and stuff most of us wouldn't normally be caught dead in.

Aight, I gotta tap out for the night, but back on NDC watch tomorrow. This thread's gonna be like The Walking Dead in a week or two. A bunch of survivors holding out hope we'll one day reach some kind of promised land, but it's just gonna be one after another of us giving up and dying off horribly over time.

View media item 1570512

That's not true at all. Jordan Brand does a billion a year, and sells more basketball shoes than Nike, Adidas, Reebok. Yet retros account for the majority of it. The BRed XI release alone was a $90MM release (which still didn't meet demand). That fusion article hits the nail on the head. There's a $1B eBay market for shoes that are 96% Nike. And the reason there's a secondary market that big is because Nike has no interest meeting demand. Once you are supplying enough to meet demand, growth becomes harder, marketing has to be done, etc. They don't want to make enough shoes and this isn't going to change. The bots are just a byproduct of their strategy, one they have to occasionally look tough against, while never taking remotely thorough measures to combat. Bot usage means demand is still high (maybe even growing) and it guarantees sellouts and none of their inventory in their own stores and warehouses, nor the stores of their closest business partners.

I think it's just hard for a lot of NT to come to grips with reality. Nike is too big to care, and we're all just cogs that keep their machine rolling. For every one dude who bails on Nike, there's 99 more to take their place in line (probably more like 99,000 but you get my point).

The idea of "exclusivity" is really something that only makes a difference for folks like us who pay close attention to the sneaker world, as has been pointed out on numerous occasions by Matt Powell.
Its deeper than sneakers when you start talking exclusive goods.

Back
Top Bottom