Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
I'm shocked we still have the reseller debate in 2015. Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnn. It's just part of life and the culture, move on.

Sad but kind of true 
laugh.gif
just found out their is no one out their yet I'm pretty my area is low-key
Good luck to you 
smokin.gif
  id say if you have the time just keep an eye out, and if you see folks start lining up get out there and post up if you can 
laugh.gif

You theory makes no sense make bro, it's Nike fault that people can't buy multiple pairs for no reason and have pairs for people who actually want to wear the shoes?

Resellers are sneaker lovers like you and me, they know what pairs to sell and not, like if u copped a FSR of the grey 14s last year trying to come up then you're in the wrong business. But u know if u have the connections u copped a FSR of the Columbias. We don't have the stats here but Nike prob made the same amount of both shoes but what happens after is out of their control.

Yeah but Nike KNOWs that these Chicago 1s are going to be more hyped than some new cw of XIVs. They should've produced more of these-there is no reason why 1/4 stores near me are getting these when literally all 4 of them got LB XIs back in December (and the store near me that is getting these is only getting 3 FSRs). Of course resellers are going to take advantage of the situation-that's common sense. If Nike made more of these, we wouldn't have this problem.

Nike could've made this a GR but they didn't-so now a lot of us are going to be SOL.

Good luck to you :smokin   id say if you have the time just keep an eye out, and if you see folks start lining up get out there and post up if you can :lol:
and I swear if I go their and no one is their and their is ghost chairs I'm a jizz on their chairs and put them in the back

Last edited:
Crazy. I guess MJ really changed things/times. It makes me wonder if something similar will happen to Kobe and Lebrons shoes once they retire and all the young kids that grew up watching them start to feel the same way...

Imagine in 30 years people going crazy for a pair of Retro Kobe VIs or Retro Lebron VIIIs LOL

That's gonna happen. People always want someone from there generation to be the greatest ever, so they can say they lived through it. Hard to imagine someone's retros selling like Jordans, but it is bound to happen one day.

Complex:

"In New York City, 54 of 75 posters put up in bus stations were stolen. Some of the first resellers in history flipped their $65 Air Jordans for $100 right out of the store. Demand was insane."

Resell been around got to adapt or no pizza for you. Really no sense trying to change it either cause it won't happen.
 Mainly because no one really liked Mike after his first 3 championships, most people disliked him because he was killing their favorite team. people still thought Magic was better. It wasn't until jordan retired the second time, then people started calling him the greatest ever. Plus we didn't care about shoes like now. We would wear them, clean them and throw them in the closet, shoe box was probably left in the store with your old sneakers.
Yup hated him, but realized I was watching a game changer. Seriously wouldn't be Kobe, AI, or TMac if it wasn't for this man the GOAT.

Ugh...... All this resell talk is keeping us away from the task at hand sweating over these raffle tixs from now till Friday night!!!

i will try my luck online and if i miss out im not even tripping... still got my bulls one from a few years ago... only difference is the nike air, box and the tongue... its not serious for me... not trying to pay resell or go through a lot of trouble for these

Tbh everybody asking for good camp times is wasting there own. Totally depends on area and how bad you want them. No one in a different region can help you on an area they arent familiar with

Reselling is part of this culture and been around for years. It didnt start in 2010 or recently like some thing.

I remember back in the day in garden state plaza mall nj, some indian sikh guy with a turban used to be inside finishline every damn release and the manager wouldn't even open the door. He either bought the whole stock or close to it. 

It was easier to get shoes because less hype but you still had to go line up and make the effort. Social media just blew it and made it public. Now I have friends who dont know anything about sneakers but know they can make a quick profit go get raffles and try to order shoes online. While this whole time they stay in their random shoes on a day to day basis lol

If I had a time machine I would teleport you all to August 1994 when at least 60 pairs of these shoes sat on a display table at my local FTL for 19.99 each.
I often think the same thing about the Big 5 in Long Beach CA in  January of 1987 selling the AJI's for $19.99 (stacks of boxes of the Blk/Red, Red/Wht/Blk & Blk/Blue colorways). Could only afford one pair of Blk/Blue's for 8th grade basketball.

Only 1? Good luck with that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 only chance I had. Worked a 24 monday and worked till 7pm Tuesday so I hauled it to my closest HOH. Only other spot by me getting them anyway was another HOH 45min north. Oh well

Footaction at the mall talking about they already did the raffle this morning. I'm sure they have, all employee sales. smdh

Welp my preorder dude just sent me an email apologizing about how he can't fill the order.

That these retailers asking him to pay 300 a pair said he's sitting this one out

Back
Top Bottom