Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
So did people really get to check out on Finish Line. I had a window open since 11pm the day before but it was already at the splash page (I was linked directly to the product page) then opened a window 10 minutes prior... But it never got me in until 20 minutes too late.Never had that problem in the past for other releases.

FCFS **** it let em fight, they know what they signing up for

I was able to get my size 8.5 and even picked up an extra when the unclaimed pairs went to the public.

Quality is superb and is better than my Breds shadows and blk/whites

If the SBB are anywhere near this quality then this will be a headache all over again

I even cop my unborn daughter due in a few weeks a pair of melo1s

Congrats to all those that cooked!!!

View media item 1560490

The best way to do it would be an online raffle that is based on store loyalty. The more you buy from a store, the more credits you accumulate and it gives you more chance with the raffle. This could stop people from using multiple accounts because it would be a benefit to build up points on a single account. There would be nothing wrong with stores who reward people for buying attire and shoes other than just limited releases.

thats why i cant even be mad at stores that make u spend a certain amount ($50 -100) to get the shoe. Weeds out who really wants the shoe.

Last edited:
So did people really get to check out on Finish Line. I had a window open since 11pm the day before but it was already at the splash page (I was linked directly to the product page) then opened a window 10 minutes prior... But it never got me in until 20 minutes too late. Never had that problem in the past for other releases.

IF ANYONE CHECKED OUT ON FINISHLINE THEN

View media item 1560492
I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY ACCOMPLISHED THAT. DON'T THINK I SAW ANYONE SAY THEY COPPED ON THERE EITHER.

FCFS....you going to stand in this?
for the most part, ive only see it get that serious during Retro 11 releases
mean.gif
Too much for me regardless even tho it's generally this release, people shouldn't be doing this for something that they don't need to live. And black folks are usually behind it now when I walk into work the non colored folks associate me with them fools.

The best way to do it would be an online raffle that is based on store loyalty. The more you buy from a store, the more credits you accumulate and it gives you more chance with the raffle. This could stop people from using multiple accounts because it would be a benefit to build up points on a single account. There would be nothing wrong with stores who reward people for buying attire and shoes other than just limited releases.
lol at these theories.

So I can get better access to shoes only if I buy shoes often? What if I only like certain pairs or colorways? I don't have the same chance as the other guy who buys a pair every weekend? Sorry I am not buying wolf grey 14's or bred 13's just for a chance to score some 1's

Last edited:
THERE IS NO WAY TO FIX THIS ISSUE! can we just let it go
I don't have the solution and agree that you can't stop it completely but it can be better. If the cheating isn't as profitable it will slow it down. If a half million pairs were released for example resell isn't where it is now and the incentive to cheat is diminished.

How is this different than the stores that make you buy additional **** **** for a raffle or sneakers now? No one likes that.

Didn't someone post that Major made people buy the Pinnacles if the wanted the Chicagos?

So did people really get to check out on Finish Line. I had a window open since 11pm the day before but it was already at the splash page (I was linked directly to the product page) then opened a window 10 minutes prior... But it never got me in until 20 minutes too late. Never had that problem in the past for other releases.

I was trying to tell ya'll about FNL prior to the release :lol:

FNL sucked for NA 1's when NDC was releasing them.

They get very few NA 1's as a company. They're literally gone in seconds. Everyone who was around for royals and black and reds know.

Ya'll would rather listen to these fly by night dudes who haven't experienced other NA releases though [shrug]

You can only be in one place at a time.

The problem with FCFS were the problems occurring from it and also people camping out isn't a good look for malls and other stores.

They had 150+ people lined up for hares at a FCFS location here.

That requires additional security and police. Who pays for that?

PEOPLE FORGET SO QUICKLY. NOT LONG AGO FCFS WAS LOATHED. THAT'S HOW RAFFLES EVEN CAME ABOUT. NOW WE HAVE COME FULL CIRCLE. RAFFLES ARE THE DEVIL NOW.

I'VE ALWAYS HATED THE IDEA OF RAFFLES. THERE IS NO VISIBILITY AT ALL. YOU DRIVE AROUND TO GET ALL THESE TICKETS, WITH NO CONFIRMATION THAT YOUR TICKET WAS EVEN IN THE POT OR IF THERE WAS A POT AT ALL IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Online raffle works in my book, tied to IP tho. Avoid mad enteries at one shop and saves me gas going to the store.

PROXIES. NUFF SAID.
What about IP and account link?

I was trying to tell ya'll about FNL prior to the release :lol:

FNL sucked for NA 1's when NDC was releasing them.

They get very few NA 1's as a company. They're literally gone in seconds. Everyone who was around for royals and black and reds know.

Ya'll would rather listen to these fly by night dudes who haven't experienced other NA releases though [shrug]
Would you say NDC had more pairs than other retailers when those NA 1s dropped?

That's the one thing that pissed me off about this release. If Nike didn't cancel, I would have probably been able to cop. Cause that's fewer people trying to clog up the other retailer sites.

Our own government don't give af about it's people you really think Nike is in a conference room coming up with a way to give it's consumers a fair shot.
laugh.gif

Our own government don't give af about it's people you really think Nike is in a conference room coming up with a way to give it's consumers a fair shot. :lol:
That led to this release being canceled didn't it?

Didn't they cancel cause they want real people getting a pair?

So yeah I'm sure they had a meeting about it.

Back
Top Bottom