Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Black Toe" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

The Foot Locker here in Athens that never gets anything is getting the Black Toe 1's this weekend via the Reservation App. Hope I luck up.

from my NYC space it looks like the retailers who carried BReds will also have BTs....this includes 3 footlockers who traditionally never recieved 1s however those 3 also only had a FSR and did FCFS for the BReds. Feelin a little ambivilant however that EB is not offering these but the app is rolling out in more areas, not sure if this means more pairs with the FootLocker/Action or less pairs and broader distribution of those pairs.  

Ever since the app became a thing I actually buy stuff out off brick and mortar stores now.

Rewards aren't bad either cause a Nike shirt for 10 bucks after 20 off ain't bad

Last edited:
got a 6 min head start on the FTL app
ohwell.gif
 failed miserably on the last two hyped 1s that released
mean.gif
 hopefully 3rd times a charm
happy.gif

Last edited:
Does Footaction do the head start for checking in at the store also or is that only for Footlocker thing?

Interesting, lots of footlockers are getting these. Usually just 1 in my area does but there are 4 this time. Minneapolis/St. Paul

Any stores doing app reservations in NYC ?

Edit : just checked they show up ... sucks not knowing which 3 stores to pick when you live in queens and work in the city

Last edited:
The app reservation seems all good in theory but when with the head starts and in-store check-ins they whole other level of wtf to this process. I have a 3M minute head start which is cool I guess but how is this beneficial if I'm not manually ordering the shoe?

The only way I can any sense of this is if there is a tiered selection process. For instance, the people with 6 minute head starts are selected from a pool of each other. The people from the 6 pool that didn't get selected now drop to the next tier and are selected from the people with 3 minute head starts. The process staggers so on and so forth all the way up to the end of the official count down in which all, losing head starters and none head starters, are drawn.

Like I said it's the only way I can make any sense of this. I called a Footaction Custo Rep this morning for clarification and to say even they were clueless would be an understatement.

Eventually what I'll end up doing as I collect information about this process is start info an thread about this with a layman's terms detailed breakdown because the head start and in-store check-in process is described pretty vaguely in context.

The app reservation seems all good in theory but when with the head starts and in-store check-ins they whole other level of wtf to this process. I have a 3M minute head start which is cool I guess but how is this beneficial if I'm not manually ordering the shoe?

The only way I can any sense of this is if there is a tiered selection process. For instance, the people with 6 minute head starts are selected from a pool of each other. The people from the 6 pool that didn't get selected now drop to the next tier and are selected from the people with 3 minute head starts. The process staggers so on and so forth all the way up to the end of the official count down in which all, losing head starters and none head starters, are drawn.

Like I said it's the only way I can make any sense of this. I called a Footaction Custo Rep this morning for clarification and to say even they were clueless would be an understatement.

Eventually what I'll end up doing as I collect information about this process is start info an thread about this with a layman's terms detailed breakdown because the head start and in-store check-in process is described pretty vaguely in context.

I don't think it's a tiered process

Back
Top Bottom