Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Black Toe" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

I tried all day to do this

No dice

Glad for u though

Keep tryin man, I feel like in the grand scheme of things the SBB series is pretty dope and will be obscure to find and track down IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS. But in the next couple of months the dudes sitting on their sbb 2.0s and aren't really bout that resell life will eventually cave in and start the $10 increments price adjustments on whatever platforms they are using to sell. Breds and BTs are way more coveted in the culture, IMO. Catch em on a good release and hit em with that trade offer. Eventually somebody will bite. Like when the top 3s come out cop a pair strictly for trade bait and wait for that one guy on the edge that just needs a tap on the back to lean in your favor. SBB 2.0s will probably even have a lower resale than they do now. I've noticed that this process, dubbed "the waiting game", has different lengths depending on the shoe before the prices will start creeping back up. I remember when I didn't pull the trigger on SBB 1.0 for around $300 thinking they'll drop some more and now I see them for $450-$550.

False.

You spent 2 hours driving to and from trade.

Prob 30 min talking during the trade.

Another 30 min to and from the store to pick up the black toes.

Factor in $20 in gas..

3 hours of time plus $20 in gas...

To me, that's not retail - I rather pay resale ticket.

That's just me tho

Copped BTs for $172 after taxes, plus $10 for gas makes it $182. Spent 2 hours on the road which is 2 hrs of my time devoted to driving to a meetup for some Nike Air Jordan sneakers, a collectible clothing accessory that I am really fond of and have a collection of. the time driving was also used to catch up on some mixtapes I've been putting off (2chainz hibachi for lunch is pretty straight y'all) so it was actually a pretty welcomed short, hobbyist road trip. $182 on some DS SBB 2.0s I originally missed out on, plus a new connection made with a LOCAL, fellow sneaker head (networking, favors later in life) and some new additions for the soundtrack to my life which I possess mentally isn't too bad. :pimp:

Congrats, man!! Awesome trade, wished someone would offer me a deal like this for my 2nd black toe ;-)

It'll happen bro. Positive thinking will lead to positive results. Speak it into existence and let life churn her wheels. Reps to all.

Last edited:
I would argue that breds vs black toes debate is pointless bc it's opinionated and not based on fact, lol.

It's like saying blondes vs brunettes.

Only thing I can see is comparing production numbers to see which there are more of and which there are less of between the two

Oh I caused a scene.. I called cust service .. they have dudes name on file and store... after 2 calls to cust service he still wouldn't play ball ... seeing the (purchased) thing on my app 4 hours after 6pm set me off. And this store gets mad pairs it's the first flight 23 store in Chicago (burbs) that opened.

Still waiting on a outcome i assume? I won through the FA app, got the reservation at woodfield and picked up around 11. Surprised at your situation because i have shopped at that footaction and never have had any issues. When i won at state street FA i had to present ID, got my name scratched off a list and the shoebox had my name. None of these things happened at woodfield. Things are changing in the reselling game though and im glad to see people happy with their pair, Hopefully corp can help you.

If I had an extra pair of 2016 banneds, I would have done that kind of trade.

Black toes will forever be a classic just like the Black/red's, IMO

Just compared my black toes to Chicagos. I was skeptical on the quality being better, because I just remember the Chicagos being super nice. Black Toes are indeed better quality overall. The only place where the leather is worse on the BT, is the white leather toe box. Its a stiff leather, and the Chi's have a soft pliable leather.

For those who ordered through RCK, did anyone pay the invoice yet get a response saying the order was cancelled because someone else paid the invoice quicker?

I also prefer the draw, because the bots don't have an advantage. However, I rarely win the draw.

Last edited:
Was anybody able to cop a 8.5 off SNKRS? I know size 9 was like instantly sold out. Wondering if 8.5 was the same way.

Damn I was waitlisted on FTL app and now the waitlist went away smh. I was hoping they would do a redraw today.

Retail store backdooring pairs. I got my reservation confirmation on the footaction app. I show up at 3pm to pick up my shoes the associate tells me I'm on a wait list when I clearly have the shoes reserved. I show the app to the manager he tells me the same bs.. that I'm on a waitlist which is a lie. They deny my pair tell me I have to come back at 6 pm and grab a pair of someone doesn't show.... I check my app couple hours ago.. it shows that I picked up the shoes/purchased them when I got nothing. Becareful out there peeps footaction employees used my name to sell the shoes to someone else .. report with corporate has been filed View media item 2221975

Exact reason why they are moving away from in store pick up

It's all going to be online

No more pockets lined
No more shiftiness

I also prefer the draw, because the bots don't have an advantage. However, I rarely win the draw.
Unfortunately, this is incorrect.  The SNKRS Draw has been exploited.  Account and phone# generators, along with multiple entry bots have all been used.  That's why there are so few Draw success stories.

Back
Top Bottom