Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "UNC" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Last edited:
giphy.gif
I love this .gif.

Even though the shoe they review in this video doesn't relate to the UNC's. I remember seeing someone here post about kixsquare having the UNC's then i stumbled upon this video today. Never ordered from them but I have seen the website and it looked sketchy to me. But kixsquare could be one of those websites like mental kicks that sell B-Grades or just flat out sell fugazi's. If anyone has ordered from them share your testimony on your product. Just looking out for the NT fam because I have been got before from a BS site before.
I met them bums one time out of Shoe Gallery. They had walked in and picked up several pairs of the Air Max Camo pack from 2013. I was asking which ones they got and they told me to check out their website. He handed me the business card and it said Kixsquare.

Also, Unknwn was one of the few stores in the nation to drop the Just Don NBA shorts which retailed for $500. The day after Unknwn tweeted about them, I saw Kixsquare had them listed for $800 or $900.

That still doesn't mean they sell fakes or anything. I have never purchased anything from them, but I can guarantee you they're not an authorized Nike or Jordan Brand retailer, so you're always going to run that risk. They could be getting high quality fakes for certain releases and authentic pairs from when they go to Shoe Gallery or other stores in Miami.

I met them bums one time out of Shoe Gallery. They had walked in and picked up several pairs of the Air Max Camo pack from 2013. I was asking which ones they got and they told me to check out their website. He handed me the business card and it said Kixsquare.

Also, Unknwn was one of the few stores in the nation to drop the Just Don NBA shorts which retailed for $500. The day after Unknwn tweeted about them, I saw Kixsquare had them listed for $800 or $900.

That still doesn't mean they sell fakes or anything. I have never purchased anything from them, but I can guarantee you they're not an authorized Nike or Jordan Brand retailer, so you're always going to run that risk. They could be getting high quality fakes for certain releases and authentic pairs from when they go to Shoe Gallery or other stores in Miami.

They sell fakes. They get retail through shady managers in 2-3 fsrs. They had more chi 1s than any other retailer....you put 1 and 1 together

Back then, 99.99% of people were not copping multiples to flip. End of story.

I completely disagree. The mid to late-90s was, without a doubt, the time when Jordanheads began to cop multiple pairs of J's - a pair to rock, a pair to stock, and a couple to flip. To think the practice of copping multiples to flip barely started during the retro boom of the last 10 years is highly ignorant. Perhaps if one lived in a smaller market, one would have seen minimal "flipping" or re-selling. But the large market city was a whole 'nother animal.
I can't disagree that there may have been at least one person copping multiples to keep or to flip. What I'm saying is that practice was no where near as common as it is today. I got my first pair of Jordans in 2001 and I certainly knew of no one doing it back then, but I'm sure there may have been a few guys.

looking to help a NTer out. 2nd pair just came in from Nike connect. have a size 10 for retail + shipping, fees. hit the inbox.

looking to help a NTer out. 2nd pair just came in from Nike connect. have a size 10 for retail + shipping, fees. hit the inbox.

I had to do it, even though you're trying to look out for someone.

This is a no-no. It's against the rules.

Last edited:
I can't disagree that there may have been at least one person copping multiples to keep or to flip. What I'm saying is that practice was no where near as common as it is today. I got my first pair of Jordans in 2001 and I certainly knew of no one doing it back then, but I'm sure there may have been a few guys.
Here's where you missed my whole point. I NEVER said that the practice of copping multiples to flip was as common back then as it is now. Of course it's a lot more common now. My whole point from the beginning and my stance from the beginning was that the practice of flipping BEGAN long before the retro boom of the early '00s. I've been saying the whole time that copping multiple pairs - one to rock, one to stock, and one to flip - WAS AROUND in the mid to late 90s. Although not as rampant as today, but it was certainly being done by a lot of people. But think about it, people wouldn't have known back then how large scale it was because there were no sneaker websites, or Ebay, or Craigslist, to gauge the trend. The only way someone would've known how common it was back then was to actually ACTIVELY DO IT and ACTIVELY NETWORK with sneaker heads, store managers, employees, etc. That's how I found out that a lot of other people were doing it. I was talking to people about "the game" every single day.

And believe me, one of the reasons no one (or hardly anyone for that matter) was doing it back in 2001 when you copped your first J's was because in 2001, the Air Jordan line was basically dead. MJ was playing for the Wizards, he was old, he wasn't winning, and the Air Jordan sneaker frenzy that was sky high when he was winning three-peat after three-peat had basically eroded into the abyss. By 2001, it was all about Iverson, Kobe, T-Mac, and a new generation of NBA stars.

Dude finally came through and we made the trade. 

I traded this:

For this:

Who do you guys think got the better end of the trade?

I wasn't old enough to remember this stuff, but from what most people say, Jordans used to sit on shelves and even get discounted. They would also commonly hit outlets. If you did do this, then props to you, but you must be the only person in the world that did.

Well that says it all, you aren't old enough to remember this stuff. Those stories of Jordans sitting on shelves were somewhat true - for the Jordan 9s and 10s and to some degree the 11s. Why? Because when MJ retired to play baseball, nobody cared about him or his kicks. But guess what happened when he went 72-10 and won titles in '96, '97 and '98? That's right, the mass appeal of His Airness skyrocketed to never before seen heights and the Air Jordan brand hit an unprecedented level with sneaker collectors. Do you actually believe the OG AJ12, AJ13, and AJ14 sat on shelves and hit the outlets? No way jose, those joints sold out in a hurry and no, I wasn't the only one copping multiples to flip.
Concords hit outlets, fam. Fact. That doesn't mean some stores/cities didn't sell out, obviously. And what city are you in?

Last edited:
Dude is tripping saying Jordan's never sat back in the day. My mom took me to the Nike outlet for school shoes and got the Playoff 8's. Also got the Aqua 8's from the same outlet store (San Marcos, TX.) I was only 10 years old but remember it like it was yesterday.

Last edited:
Concords hit outlets, fam. Fact. That doesn't mean some stores/cities didn't sell out, obviously. And what city are you in?

Long Beach, CA .... 11s 12s 13s didnt sit in my neck of the woods bruh and in the 90s, the heart of los angeles county was ripe with jordan fans

In the 90's everywhere was "ripe with Jordan fans". It didn't matter where you lived, every kid wanted to be like Mike. Dude had me eating Wheaties and drinking Gatorade from the jump. :lol:

Last edited:
In the 90's everywhere was "ripe with Jordan fans". It didn't matter where you lived, every kid wanted to be like Mike. Dude had me eating Wheaties and drinking Gatorade from the jump. :lol:

You miss the point. San Marcos, TX market certainly aint Los Angeles and in my neck of the woods, 11s 12s 13s did NOT sit. Even 6s 7s and 8s sold out. In fact, I had to put my Black/Red playoff 7s on layaway because sizes were going fast.

Your attempts at sarcasm display your ignorance. If you were just a kid from '92-98, there's nothing you can do to convince me you "experienced" the air jordan sneaker frenzy to its fullest extent in those days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom