Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

I highly doubt the "leather" on these are like the 2012... More than likely the same material they used on the Maroon 6s
I agree. And it's pretty obvious in photos. The 2012 have that polyurethane coating on them that gives them the "shine of death" as I like to call it. All those 4's and 5's from 2011-2013 were trash. Not just in looks but in comfort.

I agree. And it's pretty obvious in photos. The 2012 have that polyurethane coating on them that gives them the "shine of death" as I like to call it. All those 4's and 5's from 2011-2013 were trash. Not just in looks but in comfort.
Spot on... People can spread the rumor that they're the same quality as 2012, maybe it will be easier to get my size 9 on RD... Never been able to score a Jordan since moving to the Bay Area, have to go the online route every time.

don't forget the 2014 Infrareds and sport blues. Mine are not DS because I just want them to be on Ice, I'm not trying to break my feet

Word up.. just enjoy the 2012s and move on.  
The only reason I'm considering buying this 2016 is so I can beat up my 2012's, and have the 2016 pair on ice. White Cement 3's and 4's are my 2 favorite shoes, so I don't mind doubling up, which is saying something because this would be the first time I've ever doubled up on anything.

Last edited:
Cashed out some of my Discover card rewards for Nike GCs. Ready for this release.

This is my GRAIL. Have 2 pairs of 2012s, 1 DS still but still looking to double up on these.
I've never understood this line of thinking. Why would you need 4 pairs of the same shoe, if you've had 2 pairs for the past 4 years, and only worn 1 of them? Going by your timeline, by the time you're through the second pair of 2012's, it'll be 2020, you will not have touched the 2 pairs of 2016's, and JB will probably be re-retroing the White Cement IV again (although this time around, we'll get the Nike Air hangtag :lol: ).

No shots fired, I'm genuinely curious.

Last edited:
I've never understood this line of thinking. Why would you need 4 pairs of the same shoe, if you've had 2 pairs for the past 4 years, and only worn 1 of them? Going by your timeline, by the time you're through the second pair of 2012's, it'll be 2020, you will not have touched the 2 pairs of 2016's, and JB will probably be re-retroing the White Cement IV again (although this time around, we'll get the Nike Air hangtag :lol: ).

Imma say this dudes in here really Eating..... 4 pair ain't nun to half these dudes....

I don't really get the stockpiling dudes do these days. I guess it's good for trade bait in the long run on some of these. But again, scoring J's that aren't limited is back to being easy as hell now. The re-releases are so predictable that I find it hard to run down ONE pair, let alone 2-3 of the same shoe.

I don't really get the stockpiling dudes do these days. I guess it's good for trade bait in the long run on some of these. But again, scoring J's that aren't limited is back to being easy as hell now. The re-releases are so predictable that I find it hard to run down ONE pair, let alone 2-3 of the same shoe.

Yea most will just get rid of one to cop something they really want or need

I've never understood this line of thinking. Why would you need 4 pairs of the same shoe, if you've had 2 pairs for the past 4 years, and only worn 1 of them? Going by your timeline, by the time you're through the second pair of 2012's, it'll be 2020, you will not have touched the 2 pairs of 2016's, and JB will probably be re-retroing the White Cement IV again (although this time around, we'll get the Nike Air hangtag
laugh.gif
).

1 to rock, 1 to stock. I guess people just have different mentalities. I only do this on a few pairs I consider grails. 

2012's and 2016's, to me, aren't the same shoe which is why I'm copping both. Again, some people consider them being the same, some don't. Just different opinions. 

On a different note, there will have been 3 releases with Nike Air vs 1 release with jumpman. It'll be interesting to see if the 2012's are more sought after because of the jumpman....someday.

well considering the quality on these....this is the type of shoe you buy and return the same day lol....please dear god let the leather be A1

1 to rock, 1 to stock. I guess people just have different mentalities. I only do this on a few pairs I consider grails. 

2012's and 2016's, to me, aren't the same shoe which is why I'm copping both. Again, some people consider them being the same, some don't. Just different opinions. 

On a different note, there will have been 3 releases with Nike Air vs 1 release with jumpman. It'll be interesting to see if the 2012's are more sought after because of the jumpman....someday.
Fair enough, I can see the argument for them being different shoes

Was the leather on the OGS that incredible? Don't go off pics I want somebody who had em to reply

Exactly. $340..... the leather better be butter, otherwise I'll just rock with my 2012's, and pick up something else. Plenty of stuff I'm interested in that is coming this year, and most of them will be cheaper. B/Red 12's, French Blue 12's, Black Metallic 5's, Bred 1's, and I'm on the fence for Copper 17's and Dunk from Above 4's. Looking like I'll be passing, what a shame :smh:

I almost fainted when I heard what retail will be in Canada. 295 plus 15% tax :x:x I know our dollar is horrible right now but still....

I'm shooting for 4 pairs, my favorite Jordan model and colorway. This hobby is for those who really live above their means or those with true disposable income. My wife and I save/invest super aggressively planning for retirement, the rest is for fun. I have very few splurges, this is one. I purchased 3 pairs of Oscillates, another all time fave, not a big thing.

I want 3 pair, gonna beat every single one to the ground. One of my fav CW and model of all yime

i'm good with 1 pair. I doubled up on the 2012 release and I still have a 99 pair that's beat. I still wear the 99s from time to time and I find them way more comfortable than the 2012.

Last edited:
Will be getting these.

That 2012 version was horrendous [emoji]128078[/emoji][emoji]128078[/emoji]

I'm shooting for 4 pairs, my favorite Jordan model and colorway. This hobby is for those who really live above their means or those with true disposable income. My wife and I save/invest super aggressively planning for retirement, the rest is for fun. I have very few splurges, this is one. I purchased 3 pairs of Oscillates, another all time fave, not a big thing.
Maybe I'm just really gentle on my shoes, I dunno :lol: . I have a fair number of shoes, but my collection is pretty small compared to some on here, but I rotate through all of it. Because of this, my 2012s still basically look new. I could easily get another 4 years of life outta them.

The way I see it, there's no way I could go through even 2 pairs of these before they re-release since I rotate through all my shoes, so I guess that's why when people triple or quadruple up on things it blows me away.

It's an interesting discussion, and I'm always curious how other people build their collections. I'm glad I got some thoughtful replies :smokin .

Last edited:
Closer to the RD I'm more an more anxious about these..... I can't stay outta here 4 [emoji]128169[/emoji].

Out of all the co firmed releases this year

This is the only shoe I'm buying for a long time. Minus if Breds drop

But yea. Love these

Back
Top Bottom