Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

IF they do these right, I'm buying multiple and wearing them to the ground. If they release Nike Air BC3s + BC4s I'll be set for life, literally. 

No.

This would be a perfect world.
View media item 1385796
The dynamic grail duo. :smokin

The pathetic attempts at retroing these two have been a flat out crime.

They really got it right once and then never again :lol: :smh:

As much as I love both of these though, I'd be out if they were to ever put them in a package.

I just don't support having to buy both pairs at once or none at all, especially at the $450+ price point Nike/JB loves so much. **** packages.

Last edited:
I didn't say anything about tumbled leather, I'm talking about quality. Lmao, reading is fundamental brethrens

Last edited:
can one of you guys post the article where nike says the aj4 molds were destroyed?

gentry once said this in reference to the aj2 but i can't remember a specific example relating to the 4
thanks!

(i posted the aj2 gentry article from kicks mag in the aj2 thread years ago...must be still there)

Last edited:
It's amazing how different the shape is!  So can someone tell if me the 2012 midsoles crack?  So far the 2015s are rock solid paint-wise.  If the '12 are ok, I'm going watch the prices, and cop when the drop in case I can't get the '16 pair.  Thanks!
I'm gonna have to disagree with Zephyr1983 Zephyr1983 about the 2012 paint. My BCIV are cracking in both the white and black areas, and I've only worn them 8-10 times I'd say. My Thunder IV's have been even worse, probably worn them 5 or 6 times and they are also cracking all over the place. If you search up the BC IV thread, you'll see LOTS of people complaining about the paint cracking. My WC IV's have actually been the best out of my 2012 IV's, no cracking at all, and I've worn them a lot, lost count of how many times.

Honestly the paint on the 2012's is hit or miss. You might get a pair that doesn't crack, or you might get one that cracks everywhere. If I recall correctly from the releases threads from 2012, the BC and Thunder IV's were the worst of that year for paint cracking. I will say that I haven't seen any pictures of the paint flaking off anybodies pairs. But, if were you, I'd buy a pair of BC IV's expecting them to crack, because the chances of it happening are pretty good, and then be happy if you're one of the lucky ones where the paint holds up.

Last edited:
Honestly the paint on the 2012's is hit or miss. You might get a pair that doesn't crack, or you might get one that cracks everywhere. If I recall correctly from the releases threads from 2012, the BC and Thunder IV's were the worst of that year for paint cracking. I will say that I haven't seen any pictures of the paint flaking off anybodies pairs. But, if were you, I'd buy a pair of BC IV's expecting them to crack, because the chances of it happening are pretty good, and then be happy if you're one of the lucky ones where the paint holds up.

You must be right about the hit or miss, sorry to hear your pairs have been cracking so much

My 2012 have gotten hundreds of wears, almost daily wear, and this is the extent of the damage:

View media item 1609217
Left shoe, on top, has the thin cracking along the white seem. Right shoe, below, doesn't even have that.
And the black paint is basically DS

Haven't worn mine many times, but my wife has worn her Oreos a lot and they show no signs of cracking

No.

This would be a perfect world.
The dynamic grail duo. 
smokin.gif

The pathetic attempts at retroing these two have been a flat out crime.
They really got it right once and then never again
laugh.gif
mean.gif

As much as I love both of these though, I'd be out if they were to ever put them in a package.

I just don't support having to buy both pairs at once or none at all, especially at the $450+ price point Nike/JB loves so much. **** packages.
Sadly, these two are respectively the big booty Puerto Rican and natural D cup having dime of shoes respectively for me.  It would be ideal to focus on one at a time, but if you put them both in front of me and make me man up and slay 'em both, please believe I will gladly take them both at once. 
laugh.gif

As much as I loathe packs, I'd be all over a pack with these two in it, done properly.  I sold off my 2012s WC's and although the BC's were done a little better than the WC IV's, they still weren't up to standard.

Need to rock my lasers sometime soon
Great summer shoe; you'll love wearing them!  I know a lot of people think the lasers are hokey, but they're actually quite unique and look great.  I'm happy the demand was low (probably due to the price and general laser fatigue) b/c it enabled me to get them for well under retail....Loving the look of these!  Be prepared for the outsole to look like crap though as they dirty immediately.  Unfortunately, the chance of getting the '16 WCs is so low it's depressing.

Sadly, these two are respectively the big booty Puerto Rican and natural D cup having dime of shoes respectively for me.  It would be ideal to focus on one at a time, but if you put them both in front of me and make me man up and slay 'em both, please believe I will gladly take them both at once. :lol:

As much as I loathe packs, I'd be all over a pack with these two in it, done properly.  I sold off my 2012s WC's and although the BC's were done a little better than the WC IV's, they still weren't up to standard.

That vivid picture :lol: :pimp:

I did a real-life Alonzo .gif, because I know damn well that I would definitely make an exception and break my principles if they did that package justice.

I passed my White Cements to my man after less 4 wears because of how disappointing they were. That's why I never ended taking the Black Cements off of your hands as well, because I knew that they would just end up giving me the same feeling.

I already know this upcoming release will still be lacking in PLENTY areas, but I also know that I'm going to be on the front lines trying for them so long as the leather is soft and the color is right.

Last edited:
You must be right about the hit or miss, sorry to hear your pairs have been cracking so much

My 2012 have gotten hundreds of wears, almost daily wear, and this is the extent of the damage:

View media item 1609217
Left shoe, on top, has the thin cracking along the white seem. Right shoe, below, doesn't even have that.
And the black paint is basically DS
Yea, considering I've hardly worn either pair much, it's a little disappointing, but I bought them knowing they'd crack eventually. Here's some pics of mine

View media item 1611048BC's worn less than 10 times. Black paint is cracking on the insides, white paint is cracked all around.

View media item 1611049
View media item 1611050Thunders worn 5 or 6 times. Yellow paint is cracking in a lot of places.

Like I said, I knew they'd crack eventually so it's not a huge deal, I was just hoping it would take longer :lol:

Last edited:
Even though it's expected, that's a damn shame.  The fact that we're ok with this is truly sad.  I wish they would just die them instead.  With all of today's technology, though, you'd think there would be paint that can flex and doesn't crack....lame.

Dude who said his '12 Bred s didn't crack must be light as a feather I'm about to sell mine before mine crack. I have a feeling they'll come out again soon

Back
Top Bottom