Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

So does your statement mean you don't pay tax on your shoes, which allows you to have $60 net profit?

I think it may look more like this, considering $220 plus 9% CA tax = $240.

$350 - 20% ($70) leaves you with $280. Subtract your cost ($240), which leaves you with a $40 profit. HUGE difference. Which means...if you move 2 and keep 1, you paid $160 for your pair. All in all, you paid $120 for your personal pair, which is not bad. But think about all the work you're doing just to get your pair at 50% discount.

Time and gas spent raffling at multiple locations.

Time and gas spent claiming your 3 pairs 5 days later on RD

Time spent coordinating your consignment with FC (if you pick up your check in-store, then factor in gas costs as well)

At the end of the day, you're most likely breaking even considering the factors I pointed above and which Mike Diamond also mentioned before me.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I aint' mad atcha cause it's your hobby. Getcha sum.

Well said, I have my doubts regarding Vandelay Industries. Oh well, this is the internet.

Looking to get two pairs tomorrow morning, leave the size 14s alone fellas. Happy hunting to all.

Last edited:
Happy Hunting to you too Da Hen. I'm confident you will cop your double-double, in & out of the stores in no time.

Investing 1k+ in these to sell them through FC in hopes of making a quick flip has to be one of the worst moves i've seen in a while 

It's not exactly investing. If the market isn't there, he can just return them to the store. Investing involves risk. Low volume reselling like this doesn't really have risk/sunk costs.

Mann I haven't copped Jordans in a couple years but I really want these, some of my favorite J's ever.

My question for you guys, will I be able to get these online easy at 10 Eastern time? Or will they be sold out instantly.

Depends what site you go. Won't be sold out instantly. Just be prepared to stay up in the morning for a bit to secure a pair.

Mann I haven't copped Jordans in a couple years but I really want these, some of my favorite J's ever.

My question for you guys, will I be able to get these online easy at 10 Eastern time? Or will they be sold out instantly.
Download the SNKRS app. Best chance online honestly. It's on android too now if you're using it.

The day has arrived.. Just remembering the times on here with the on going Nike Air vs Jumpman debates.. I think Imma cry [emoji]128517[/emoji]

man wtf happened to the snkrs app. havent opened in since dec, now it crashes everytime i start it up :smh:

I'm calling it right now:

In a couple weeks, people who copped these will be simultaneously depressed and ticked off  'cause they saw 10 other dudes at the mall rockin' em.

They are Super GR

Why depressed, makes no damn sense.

It's not exactly investing. If the market isn't there, he can just return them to the store. Investing involves risk. Low volume reselling like this doesn't really have risk/sunk costs.

Agreed, buying shoes to resell is NOT an investment based on this statement.

To return shoes and get money back would mean your anticipated return was not achieved. Resulting from the "investor" not doing proper due diligence.

Once again entering raffles and returning shoes require time.

So now we are operating at a loss assuming all inventory is returned to recover all original monies, it still cost us time to buy shoes and return them.

I don't know about you guys but my time is valuable.

Although based on all my posts about this topic one could very easily infer quite the opposite, ha.

@MikeDiamond

Time is too valuable indeed. What's worse is that you don't return the shoes right away, you wait two months to return the shoes because of course, you've spent time acquiring them so you'll be patient while hoping someone will bite on your $360 aftermarket price. Meanwhile, after a couple weeks of no luck, you slowly lower your price from $360 to $300 to $250. When no one buys, you finally return them to footlocker on day 60. Here's the kicker though...you don't actually get your money back because policy says that returns after 30 days will only be given as store credit.

You're at a complete loss.

Back
Top Bottom