Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

all this talk about the 99s are the best this and that,,
some of us are young and never had the chance at those pairs
so we are happy with these 2016,,

I personally would not like that tumbled leather on these wc4s,
my opinion is jb did everything we asked,, more pairs, nike branding, great customer support, i got free next day air ,,what more do you want? 220$ is not that much money ppl , im completely happy with jb and this release

correct me if im wrong but if the 89s had smooth leather like these 2016
and your wondering why no super tumbled leather like the oreo's
wouldn't you get mad for them making them not og leather??

Its not the best synthetic leather but i do think my 16 white cement has better synthetic leather than my maroon 6's do

Best place to buy Black/White Crew/V-Neck Tee's for these? H&M? Old Navy? 

American Apparel. Best quality & fit for the price. Made in America. $18-21. In store you get 3 for $50 or something like that. They last much longer than cheaper Ts made in the third world. I haven't bought another pack of CK after walking into AA over a decade ago.

V neck guy here, I've pretty much tried them all. I recommend the Gap Deep V's, or the tri blends at urban outfitters in a standard fit.

To me it seems like this leather would wear out and have that beat up look losing its shape really fast.

I doubt the 16's will look like these used 2012 that are labeled as beaters.....

View media item 1917395View media item 1917396View media item 1917397View media item 1917398View media item 1917399View media item 1917400View media item 1917401
I commend you for even wearing the 2012 that much to make them beaters. That's one of the most uncomfortable Retros ever if not the most.

That's a different discussion. I'm just speaking of retail as the starting point. Only a fool would think you can't get nice things for a good price.

Even with retail as the starting point, it's not that much different, but the leather is. One brand charges X on quality, the other on hype and popularity.

Not feeling the thin tongue everthing else was not bad but then again I waited in line in 99 for the first retro and still have them. 

View media item 1917432

Any ideas on how to get this mark out? I thought it was a pencil mark at first but it wont erase or rub off.

First thing I always try with marks is use sticky tape, you'd be suprised what comes off with a few firm dabs. Maybe also suggest goo gone like Hype recommended. Or rubbing alcohol but careful with the leather and speckles.

Last edited:
strange how someone can talk so down about JB quality, but have 2012 and beat them to death like I've never seen (one of the most uncomfortable shoes of all time).

Thats like getting with a bunch of 3 out of 10's, but talking down about how terrible 3's are.

As far as quality real leather, it goes for a premium these days. Most of the quality cars out there that people are leasing/buying: MB, BMW, Audi, etc. all use synthetic leather. They charge thousands more for real leather in a package. Then they will offer you nappa leather on their true luxury cars for even more money. I don't think the majority of car buyers even realize this. They probably think that anything that isn't cloth is leather. The synthetic stuff is more durable so when leases are up the seats don't look as beat up when they're selling the car as CPO. Nike isn't the only company raising prices and giving you less for your money.

Stiff leather gets comfortable and loose after time. It's called breaking it in. Once the break in process is done then the comfort in wearing them starts. That's one of the signs of good leather imo and that's what Jb gives in terms of leather tumbled or not most of the time.

As far as quality real leather, it goes for a premium these days. Most of the quality cars out there that people are leasing/buying: MB, BMW, Audi, etc. all use synthetic leather. They charge thousands more for real leather in a package. Then they will offer you nappa leather on their true luxury cars for even more money. I don't think the majority of car buyers even realize this. They probably think that anything that isn't cloth is leather. The synthetic stuff is more durable so when leases are up the seats don't look as beat up when they're selling the car as CPO. Nike isn't the only company raising prices and giving you less for your money.
Nah man, the general public isn't that stupid.

These are MILES ahead of the 2012 pair and I think JB did a great job.
No doubt about it, but when you hit rock bottom (2012) then the only way is up...
laugh.gif

I'm with you regarding the creased leather, I could care less about it.  For me the biggest let down is that thin and soft rubber heel tab and the thin tongue which is exactly the same as the 2012s.

By the way, at this point I'm 101% sure that we will never see "99 quality" again. NEVER. (Prove me wrong Nike...)

First thing I always try with marks is use sticky tape, you'd be suprised what comes off with a few firm dabs. Maybe also suggest goo gone like Hype recommended. Or rubbing alcohol but careful with the leather and speckles.

Pen marks use rubbing alcohol
Dirt use shoe cleaner
Stains use goo gone...FTW
Toothbrush and rags are fine.
This summer will be the first time using icey sole cleaner and the sun to cure it.

I doubt we will ever see 99 quality at least not in my lifetime. Been waiting for those since. It's probably time to sole swap the 99 with some 16's...j/k. I'll use the dubzero soles I have. Good thing I didn't unload my 99's or my 12's...

Back
Top Bottom